Cam Newton Covid positive

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Don’t worry Chris, w9er said that states are suing to open and lifting restrictions so that means there is no danger. (Mod edit: hit the politucs forum)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3mou28m2 said:
Oh good, now the place where we are going to play lifts all restrictions, does that mean a full stadium as well as all the normal functions people do in public masks and or no masks ok.

If I were the Seahawks I would be barricading the team and in fact petitioning to not play due to safety issues.

WHAT? The Dolphins are going to open Miami Gardens to a full stadium?

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":fkutikso said:
chris98251":fkutikso said:
Oh good, now the place where we are going to play lifts all restrictions, does that mean a full stadium as well as all the normal functions people do in public masks and or no masks ok.

If I were the Seahawks I would be barricading the team and in fact petitioning to not play due to safety issues.

Governor lifted all restrictions there in Florida. That would tell me unless otherwise stated life is back to normal. ALL RESTRICTIONS being the trigger words.

toffee

Reaction score
Did he hug or talked to Russ up close?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Would have been week 1, so it doesn't matter as much.

But crap going forward all the post-game stuff has to stop. Prayer circles and what not.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
toffee":25dmvx1h said:
Did he hug or talked to Russ up close?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Good question...we know the defense should be safe because other than the final play, they didn't get close enough to him to get breathed on.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2zwbi838 said:
chris98251":2zwbi838 said:

The plsyers are not going to get covid from fans

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2gay13u4 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2gay13u4 said:
chris98251":2gay13u4 said:

No they won't. The risk is to them themselves and to the poor staff who have to fetch their beerios and cheetos and wipe the toilets so said fans can feel special. Not that in fact if they did come down with covid anyone would give a s.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3jm4zop4 said:
Uncle Si":3jm4zop4 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3jm4zop4 said:
chris98251":3jm4zop4 said:

No they won't. The risk is to them themselves and to the poor staff who have to fetch their beerios and cheetos and wipe the toilets so said fans can feel special. Not that in fact if they did come down with covid anyone would give a s.

Thats up to the fans in this sense.

If you're asking the seahawks to make a polituval statement, then sure. But petitioning not to play for yeir own safety is off base.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":edza8w7s said:
SantaClaraHawk":edza8w7s said:
Uncle Si":edza8w7s said:
SantaClaraHawk":edza8w7s said:

Thats up to the fans in this sense.

If you're asking the seahawks to make a polituval statement, then sure. But petitioning not to play for yeir own safety is off base.

i just think it's a bad idea to have fans at all, for all involved.

We've been explained to that only staff in the highest tier are to be exposed to players. But staff in that tier are above pay grade to do duties such as cleaning actual s--t. Even with just players and staff, i bet they're contracting it out.. Probably some anonymous worker off a trusted subvendor, that sort of thing.

Whoever it is, individual or contractor, will for sure be interfacing with more individuals in similar janitorial positions if fans come in with their own, uh, janitorial needs.

i mean, I could be wrong, but from observance, this is how capitalism works.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Fair enough, but, unless we are discussing the sporting imbalance of stadium by stadium rules, its all a different topic.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
So from what I’ve read it’s Cam and the chiefs practice squad qb that are positive, do you think the nfl would postpone the Hawks game if it was just Russ?

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1meabv8h said:
So from what I’ve read it’s Cam and the chiefs practice squad qb that are positive, do you think the nfl would postpone the Hawks game if it was just Russ?

No..

Thats why the covid IR exists. Its not specific to any player or their value to the team.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yes.

And for proof, just look at what's going on with that game. Which is TBD.

Starters matter more. QBs matter more.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
My mistake, I thought I read it was canceled not moved to Monday or Tuesday.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":3nelyvs4 said:

NFL is saying it'll be moved to Monday or Tuesday. Right now.

Of course they said that about Titans and Steelers.

We have this national situation focusing on the possible inconsistencies of rapid tests...and both the qb groups in both teams are affected...so it'll be up to the nfl spinmeisters to decide whether this will go forward.

Another poz on either side, prob not.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
My brain was just spinning the idea that if Russ was the only Hawk to test positive they would make them play anyway. Just shades of my Seattle Disrespect Syndrome.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stadium the players will be isolated and following NFL and CDC protocols, it's all the support people, environments too and from airports, busses, hotel, maybe lounge and restaurant in Hotel, any transportation needs due to special situations. All the outlier that affect a team that is being watched closely in other areas. Newton went to a event I think for Christie prior to getting infected I think I read.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1sayb4bn said:
Flyingsquad23":1sayb4bn said:

NFL is saying it'll be moved to Monday or Tuesday. Right now.

Of course they said that about Titans and Steelers.

We have this national situation focusing on the possible inconsistencies of rapid tests...and both the qb groups in both teams are affected...so it'll be up to the nfl spinmeisters to decide whether this will go forward.

Another poz on either side, prob not.

It's delayed to see if there are more cases, not because one is Cam.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":tltk6tld said:
Uncle Si":tltk6tld said:
SantaClaraHawk":tltk6tld said:
chris98251":tltk6tld said:

They're no more at risk than the grocery clerks, clerks at Walmart, Home Depot, etc.