Cam Newton Covid positive

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":13yx60kd said:
Washington49er":13yx60kd said:
Not a big Patriots or Newton fan but think this really sucks. As if possible injuries isn't enough. I think we'll see more of this before the season is over.

Idk why i keep repeating posts of what others post. Lol

bigskydoc

Reaction score
At the risk of getting too political, there is a big difference between Covid generally fading out as the year comes to a close, and the effect Covid has on NFL games, where 1 or 2 positive tests can result in a game cancelation or delay.

Even if we miraculously saw the case rate drop 90% in the general population, that doesn't change the way it is managed in the NFL. 1 or 2 cases can still result in a game delay or cancelation.

Mods, feel free to delete if too political.
Two different tolerances/ scenarios.

On the bright side, this will shed a lot of light on the different tests, their strengths, and their weaknesses.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure how COVID affecting NFL games can be political. I guess everything is now these days.

We need to just expect it and work around it.

The people I know who work at the Cancer center up here (who have to plan to mitigate COVID risk for patients without immune systems) said the reasonable (not worst case) projections are for COVID to be around until 2022. It will never be as bad as March, but it isn't going away completely for at least a year.