Coach Romar is hungry to turn it around...a little bit.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1om1fco0 said:
CPHawk":1om1fco0 said:
Cal just landed 5* Jaylen Brown, that wil give them a big boost in the rankings.
Not enough to rank higher than UW

Lol, UW football is all about off season titles, and now it seems basketball is also. I'd take Brown over UW entire class, he will be a beast.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":zvbinics said:
CPHawk":zvbinics said:
Cal just landed 5* Jaylen Brown, that wil give them a big boost in the rankings.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the #1 and #5 overall recruits in the nation and nothing else over a bunch of top 100 kids, none who are in the top 25. Just my opinion. In short, give me Cal's 2015 class over ours any day.

In the long run we may be better off, because I'd guess Rabb and Brown are both one and done's.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":25xawmdc said:
Hawkfan77":25xawmdc said:
CPHawk":25xawmdc said:

Lol, UW football is all about off season titles, and now it seems basketball is also. I'd take Brown over UW entire class, he will be a beast.
Lol, cool. Sorry, I don't speak duck so I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say off season titles... :229031_shrug:

But when it comes to Brown and UW's class, well too bad you don't have either :th2thumbs:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":b9qcfy5q said:
Hawkfan77":b9qcfy5q said:
CPHawk":b9qcfy5q said:

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the #1 and #5 overall recruits in the nation and nothing else over a bunch of top 100 kids, none who are in the top 25. Just my opinion. In short, give me Cal's 2015 class over ours any day.

In the long run we may be better off, because I'd guess Rabb and Brown are both one and done's.
Yep, those guys will most likely be one and done and UW's class will all be returning.

I like our class more for what they will do for the program. Where will Cal be in 2016? UW will have their class returning plus more pieces to add in 2016. Husky basketball is in very, very good shape. 2 5 star players aren't enough to turn the program around, but the class Romar put together is

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Jernard Jarreau transfers to Oklahoma St. From my understanding, he will be eligible to play this upcoming season.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Cal fwiw finished with the #2 class.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2ocnajps said:
Do people not realize that UW is bringing in a top 5 recruiting class next year? With 3 of those guys being the top 3 players from this state (if Crisp played this year at RB). That's before transfers come in also. Still 3 scholarships to give out and the rumors of who those scholarships are going to would be HUGE. Romar is going back to what he did when he first got here and next year's class is going to help get that job done.

The rumors of Romar not being able to recruit are greatly exaggerated

Agreed. He just can't coach worth a lick.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
hawkfan68":r0qedaw0 said:
Romar also should have brought Ken Bone back as an associate head coach when Ken was fired at WSU. Ken would be an upgrade over any of his current assistants. He was pivotal in recruiting Jon Brockman to UW. That type of player has been lacking from the roster the past few years. Ken is now the associate head coach at Montana.

Brockman is arguably the most overrated basketball player in UW history.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2dpe06tv said:
hawkfan68":2dpe06tv said:
Romar also should have brought Ken Bone back as an associate head coach when Ken was fired at WSU. Ken would be an upgrade over any of his current assistants. He was pivotal in recruiting Jon Brockman to UW. That type of player has been lacking from the roster the past few years. Ken is now the associate head coach at Montana.

The NBA didn't think he was overrated when he was drafted 38th. He averaged 15 points and 11.5 rebounds his final 2 years.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3kjrr8ss said:
Seahawks1983":3kjrr8ss said:
hawkfan68":3kjrr8ss said:

The NBA didn't think he was overrated when he was drafted 38th. He averaged 15 points and 11.5 rebounds his final 2 years.

LOLOLOLOLOL

You might want to fact check those figures.

Here, allow me:

Year Team GP GS MPG FG%3P%FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
2009–10 Sacramento 52 4 12.6 .534 .000 .597 4.1 .4 .3 .1 2.8
2010–11 Milwaukee 63 6 10.7 .511 .000 .678 2.9 .3 .2 .0 2.2
2011–12 Milwaukee 35 0 6.8 .333 .000 .467 2.1 .3 .1 .0 1.1
Career 150 10 10.5 .488 .000 .618 3.1 .3 .2 .1 2.1

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":24942per said:
bigtrain21":24942per said:
Seahawks1983":24942per said:
hawkfan68":24942per said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

You might want to fact check those figures.

Here, allow me:

Year Team GP GS MPG FG%3P%FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
2009–10 Sacramento 52 4 12.6 .534 .000 .597 4.1 .4 .3 .1 2.8
2010–11 Milwaukee 63 6 10.7 .511 .000 .678 2.9 .3 .2 .0 2.2
2011–12 Milwaukee 35 0 6.8 .333 .000 .467 2.1 .3 .1 .0 1.1
Career 150 10 10.5 .488 .000 .618 3.1 .3 .2 .1 2.1

Um. College stats. Lol! Lol!

Check them. Lol!

Who cares about NBA stats? The discussion is about college basketball. He was a great college basketball player.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
bigtrain21":shn7yh1d said:

Check them. Lol!

Who cares about NBA stats? The discussion is about college basketball. He was a great college basketball player.

You mentioned him getting drafted and followed it up with stats. It stands to reason you were referring to his NBA success as validation of your position.

As for his college years, he was a good player, but not the legendary one so many UW fans make him out to be. He wasn't even the best big in the conference during his career.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2m7w413a said:
bigtrain21":2m7w413a said:

Check them. Lol!

You mentioned him getting drafted and followed it up with stats. It stands to reason you were referring to his NBA success as validation of your position.

As for his college years, he was a good player, but not the legendary one so many UW fans make him out to be. He wasn't even the best big in the conference during his career.

Nope. You are wrong. I was using college stats to validate how good he was in college and using his draft position to show we had some basis in thinking he was a great player for us. Maybe if you researched a little before making your response you would have been better off.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If you actually think Brockman was an overrated college basketball player, then I can't help you. He had a great career at UW. One of the best rebounders to play for UW, he had a motor that never quit.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
bigtrain21":6r2jr0ci said:
Seahawks1983":6r2jr0ci said:
bigtrain21":6r2jr0ci said:

Check them. Lol!

Nope. You are wrong. I was using college stats to validate how good he was in college and using his draft position to show we had some basis in thinking he was a great player for us. Maybe if you researched a little before making your response you would have been better off.

The structure of your argument suggests otherwise. But keep on pounding your chest, if it really makes you feel better.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2m0tab4x said:
bigtrain21":2m0tab4x said:

Check them. Lol!

I don't think anyone has ever called Brockman one of the greatest UW players ever. He was a good player, that's it. As far as the recent Huskies, he's behind Roy, Nate Rob, Isaiah Thomas and Quincy Pondexter IMO.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":39m26rve said:

Five star prospect Caleb Swanigan has decommitted from Michigan State and it sounds like he has narrowed his schools to Cal and Purdue. Cal could be in line for a monster year if they land him.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
People are responding to seahawks1983? Why? He's a cooog with little brother syndrome

Here's his shtick: over exaggerate a claim that no one has made and use that over exaggeration against every member of said fan base. It's typical wsu "logic".

Now back to UW basketball.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1kbip2e4 said:
CPHawk":1kbip2e4 said:

Five star prospect Caleb Swanigan has decommitted from Michigan State and it sounds like he has narrowed his schools to Cal and Purdue. Cal could be in line for a monster year if they land him.
Cal=pay to play ;)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Why would anyone decommit from Michigan State to sign with Cal is beyond me. That's like rejecting an offer from the Tigers to sign with their double A affiliate.