Coach Romar is hungry to turn it around...a little bit.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Cal is on the verge of signing yet another 5 star recruit. Some crazy things happening in Berkley...

Also UW is still (hopefully) not done for 2015, some interesting rumors floating around and if it happens the dawgs could be a seriously dangerous team next year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":lxa7gj06 said:
Why would anyone decommit from Michigan State to sign with Cal is beyond me. That's like rejecting an offer from the Tigers to sign with their double A affiliate.

It's about playing time. If you're a good college player, and obviously a kid that gets recruited to play at Michigan State is a top recruit, would you want to sit on the bench at Michigan State...........or go start for another major conference school?

Also one winter in Michigan would be enough for me to transfer to an amazing campus/location like Berkeley.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":26v9w6qr said:
Cal is on the verge of signing yet another 5 star recruit. Some crazy things happening in Berkley...

Also UW is still (hopefully) not done for 2015, some interesting rumors floating around and if it happens the dawgs could be a seriously dangerous team next year.

Rumors of who? I'm guessing most kids who are seniors in HS right now have signed their LOI by now.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3p2kzl04 said:
Hawkfan77":3p2kzl04 said:

Rumors of who? I'm guessing most kids who are seniors in HS right now have signed their LOI by now.
One is Noah Dickerson, a PF who was just granted his release from Florida. He's a 4 star and another top 100 kid. He came for an official during Wroten's camp. He said UW is one of the schools he is really looking into.

The other would be a huge get. He's currently a top 40 guy in 2016, but there's talk of him re-classifying to 2015.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Four star prospect for the. 2016 season, Jaquori McLaughlin has decommited from UW.

No bueno.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's sounding like 6'10 JC POY, Chris Boucher, who avg 22.3 pts, 4.3 blocks, 11.5 rebounds as shot 44% rom 3pt, is going to commit to UO. According to the rivals site, that would put UO into a top 10 class, and that doesn't include Villanovas starting PG, Ennis, who just announced he would transfer to UO.

The Pac could be very good the next few year, with all these top 10 classes coming in.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... ID=1703221

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":23ivfjf1 said:
Four star prospect for the. 2016 season, Jaquori McLaughlin has decommited from UW.

No bueno.
Keep an eye on his recruitment process. It's not a done deal that he won't be attending UW, still a good chance that he re-commits in the next few months. But Romar won't wait for him like he did Parker and Gordon. There are a lot of factors that went into his reopening his recruitment up, if that's even what we call it. I think I put him more in the "soft verbal" category though. He wants to be "the guy" right away but he also wants to be in the tourney every year. Which is perfectly fine, but I don't think he can have both right away. It might take 1 or 2 years before both happen.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":4vhzbl1d said:
It's sounding like 6'10 JC POY, Chris Boucher, who avg 22.3 pts, 4.3 blocks, 11.5 rebounds as shot 44% rom 3pt, is going to commit to UO. According to the rivals site, that would put UO into a top 10 class, and that doesn't include Villanovas starting PG, Ennis, who just announced he would transfer to UO.

The Pac could be very good the next few year, with all these top 10 classes coming in.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... ID=1703221
Oregon has a had a good year recruiting HS players. They always do well during transfer season, it's how Altman has built that program, but now they are putting more energy into getting HS players too. The Pac-12 looks like it could be one of the tougher conferences in college basketball very quickly. The talent on the west coast is so good right now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Shaquaan Aaron transferring to USC. I heard the kid has some issues, maybe not that bad of a thing that he didn't choose us.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":37m7tnua said:
Shaquaan Aaron transferring to USC. I heard the kid has some issues, maybe not that bad of a thing that he didn't choose us.
Kind of surprising. I thought he would end up at Oregon

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Will Conroy added to the coaching staff today. He has no experience, but I'd guess he will help recruit the Seattle kids and help nurture and mature the younger players.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Dawgs just got Noah Dickerson, best class ever. First Conroy, now Dickerson? What a great day!!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3ogfarxz said:
Dawgs just got Noah Dickerson, best class ever. First Conroy, now Dickerson? What a great day!!

Great news. We need any size we can get.

According to Scout, Washington is the only program that has 5 top 100 players for the 2015-2016 class. Not bad. Only downside, no 5-star recruits, no top 25's.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3qu931r0 said:
Hawkfan77":3qu931r0 said:

Great news. We need any size we can get.

According to Scout, Washington is the only program that has 5 top 100 players for the 2015-2016 class. Not bad. Only downside, no 5-star recruits, no top 25's.
6 in the top 101, why Scout moved Crisp to 101, I'll never know.

Plus, if Atewe wins his appeal, our front court could be awesome. This program purge has done wonders and UW basketball is about to get very exciting again.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think Will makes a much better HS coach than a college coach. He is kind of a player/coach in the Jamal Crawford summer league and it isn't exactly productive. He does a really good job of making the young kids play tougher, but isn't the most philosophical dude on the planet.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Romar gets another HUGE commit. 2018 PF Jontay Porter. He's likely to be a 5 star and will be a top rated player in the nation by the time that class is fully ranked.

His older brother, Michael Porter Jr is the #3 ranked player in 2017 and is strongly considering UW also.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":r3ninnzm said:
Romar gets another HUGE commit. 2018 PF Jontay Porter. He's likely to be a 5 star and will be a top rated player in the nation by the time that class is fully ranked.

His older brother, Michael Porter Jr is the #3 ranked player in 2017 and is strongly considering UW also.

I'm hearing he is a cornerstone type of player. A kid who could carry a program to a final four.

I just hope he stays commuted. We've all seen this before, a high profile kid commits to Romar, only to decommit later. Would be nice if we could lock up his older brother for 2017. Sounds like the dad has a close relationship with Romar. Another thing I worry about is if Romar gets canned before 2018, Porter will most likely decommit.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
5 star guard recruit Markelle Fultz set to announce tonight between 4-5. Looks very good for the Dawgs.

He's ranked anywhere from 19-23 nationally. Will be an absolutely huge pick up.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Fultz committed to Washington on ESPNU tonight!

Romar is on fire