Coach Romar is hungry to turn it around...a little bit.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Keith Smith, rated the #1 recruit in WA 2016, commits to UO.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":1f03gl3y said:
Keith Smith, rated the #1 recruit in WA 2016, commits to UO.
Yep...Smith is a great player when healthy. UW wasn't going to take another wing player next year though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron ends up transferring to Oregon either

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Dominic Green, 4 star top 100 player just committed to the UW. Very big commitment and he's a 2015 kid too.

The 2015 class keeps getting better. 5 top 100 players, a top 10 JC big and another developmental big.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":ctfifouf said:
Dominic Green, 4 star top 100 player just committed to the UW. Very big commitment and he's a 2015 kid too.

The 2015 class keeps getting better. 5 top 100 players, a top 10 JC big and another developmental big.

Great news.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how good this class will be. I'm also curious how others think it measures up against some of our previous class'. I think it's the first time Romar has ever had 5 top 100 recruits, but at the same time, the 2015 class is without a top 25 or McDonalds player.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
College basketball’s free agency season continues to exact its toll on the Washington Huskies’ roster.

This time it’s Jernard Jarreau, a fifth-year-senior-to-be, who is leaving. A school spokesperson confirmed Monday that Jarreau has been granted a full release from his scholarship and will transfer elsewhere.

Assuming Jarreau completes his undergraduate degree at Washington — which seems likely, given that he’s transferring — he will be immediately eligible to play his final season at any Division 1 school in 2015-16.

Jarreau is the fourth player to transfer from UW’s program since the end of last season. Star point guard and leading scorer Nigel Williams-Goss, junior-to-be Darin Johnson and reserve center Gilles Dierickx were the first three.

A 6-foot-10 forward, Jarreau started all 21 games in which he appeared in 2014-15, finishing the year with per-game averages of 5.1 points and 4.7 rebounds.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2015/04/2 ... rylink=cpy

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":12d2bca2 said:
College basketball’s free agency season continues to exact its toll on the Washington Huskies’ roster.

This time it’s Jernard Jarreau, a fifth-year-senior-to-be, who is leaving. A school spokesperson confirmed Monday that Jarreau has been granted a full release from his scholarship and will transfer elsewhere.

Assuming Jarreau completes his undergraduate degree at Washington — which seems likely, given that he’s transferring — he will be immediately eligible to play his final season at any Division 1 school in 2015-16.

Jarreau is the fourth player to transfer from UW’s program since the end of last season. Star point guard and leading scorer Nigel Williams-Goss, junior-to-be Darin Johnson and reserve center Gilles Dierickx were the first three.

A 6-foot-10 forward, Jarreau started all 21 games in which he appeared in 2014-15, finishing the year with per-game averages of 5.1 points and 4.7 rebounds.

What a weird offseason. We land a monster recruiting class for 2015, but arguably the two best players are transferring.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":d6faq62a said:
KitsapGuy":d6faq62a said:

What a weird offseason. We land a monster recruiting class for 2015, but arguably the two best players are transferring.
I don't think I'd put Jarreau in that category anymore. I was really pumped for him a few years ago, but he looked like a stiff this past season.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
A much needed house cleaning. I liked JJ, but he didn't add much after the ACL plus he's been home sick for some time. The coaches knew this was coming

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What are the chances Andrew Andrews leaves? He is one of the last men standing. Got to think Jerreau will give a hard look at LSU, his hometown. They will have final four talent with top 5 recruit Ben Simmons coming in and I'm assuming Mickey and Martin are returning.

Next years team has got to be one of the youngest Husky teams ever. We will be like Kentucky......age wise...not talent wise lol.

Just looking through our roster and recruits, we are very wing heavy, with little upfront. Romar hasn't landed a quality big man in a while, probably have to go back to N'Ziaye or Bryan-Amaning.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
There were rumors swirling about both JJ and AA but it seems like Andrews is really looking forward to being "the guy" and everything running through him. He's been wanting this for some time now and having NWG here made him change the way he wanted to play so now that Goss is gone, I would actually be surprised if Andrews left.

Plus the Dawgs just got another commit today. This is someone they've kept under wraps for some time and he could prove to be a real player. Sam Timmons is the top Center in New Zealand, he's 6'10 but some say he's closer to 7' already and only 17 so he's most likely not done growing. I know the staff is very, very excited about reeling him in. His highlights are pretty impressive.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":54sh6jc3 said:
There were rumors swirling about both JJ and AA but it seems like Andrews is really looking forward to being "the guy" and everything running through him. He's been wanting this for some time now and having NWG here made him change the way he wanted to play so now that Goss is gone, I would actually be surprised if Andrews left.

Plus the Dawgs just got another commit today. This is someone they've kept under wraps for some time and he could prove to be a real player. Sam Timmons is the top Center in New Zealand, he's 6'10 but some say he's closer to 7' already and only 17 so he's most likely not done growing. I know the staff is very, very excited about reeling him in. His highlights are pretty impressive.

Sounds like 2016-2017 season will be the year for UW. The kid from Gig Harbor who will be a senior this upcoming year (can't remember his name) is suppose to be really good. I'm still expecting us to land Shaquaan Aaron from Louisville, who won't be eligible til the 2016-2017 season.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Largent80":29n1mzm2 said:
People actually care about Husky BB?

Ok...... :roll:
So we should only care when they're good? Sorry I'm not a fairweather

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3ocj0jql said:
I'm curious to see how good this class will be. I'm also curious how others think it measures up against some of our previous class'. I think it's the first time Romar has ever had 5 top 100 recruits, but at the same time, the 2015 class is without a top 25 or McDonalds player.

What site is ranking it a top 5 class? With 7 recruits, 247 has UW at 14.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basket ... amRankings

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":26t4ygzz said:
Hawk-Lock":26t4ygzz said:

What site is ranking it a top 5 class? With 7 recruits, 247 has UW at 14.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basket ... amRankings

I didn't say top 5, I said we have 5 top 100 players. I personally use Scout. They currently have UW at #9.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... bb&yr=2015

CPHawk

Reaction score
Cal just landed 5* Jaylen Brown, that wil give them a big boost in the rankings.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":3bm9hxoa said:
Cal just landed 5* Jaylen Brown, that wil give them a big boost in the rankings.
Not enough to rank higher than UW

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
NWG transfers to Gonzaga. He will sit out next year because of transfer rules. Good pick up for Zags.