Colin in Black and White

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Are you surprised? People make their minds up and stick with it. Look at DK and Russ. Those guys are Satan according to many posters on this site.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2txaxyqr said:
Are you surprised? People make their minds up and stick with it. Look at DK and Russ. Those guys are Satan according to many posters on this site.

Agreed, and no, not suprised. Saddened, but definitely not suprised

Exittium

Reaction score
I haven’t seen it, and I’ll be honest when it was first announced and I saw a clip of it, of him in assuming (I could be wrong) comparing the NFL combine and other things in a Sport that got him his millions $$$ and the attention he craved, to slavery and being treated like objects and making it about race when the nfl is has a mix of a variety of races and backgrounds.. I said nope. Especially when yearly there’s alway an article that seems to come out about how he says “he wants to play in the NFL, and has stayed in shape”…, I’m sorry bruh, ya cant keep biting the hand (NFL) that fed you and expect it to keep feeding you. Especially in a documentary so you can get your point across. There are as many people have said in the past better ways to go about it with more respect and maturity.

Does it bother me what he’s done and am I offfended? Hell no. I wasn’t even offended by his peaceful protests. But in the end He’s at least found an appropriate platform to do it, and bring awareness.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Exittium":24oywgq6 said:
I haven’t seen it, and I’ll be honest when it was first announced and I saw a clip of it, of him in assuming (I could be wrong) comparing the NFL combine and other things in a Sport that got him his millions $$$ and the attention he craved, to slavery and being treated like objects and making it about race when the nfl is has a mix of a variety of races and backgrounds.. I said nope. Especially when yearly there’s alway an article that seems to come out about how he says “he wants to play in the NFL, and has stayed in shape”…, I’m sorry bruh, ya cant keep biting the hand (NFL) that fed you and expect it to keep feeding you. Especially in a documentary so you can get your point across. There are as many people have said in the past better ways to go about it with more respect and maturity.

Does it bother me what he’s done and am I offfended? Hell no. I wasn’t even offended by his peaceful protests. But in the end He’s at least found an appropriate platform to do it, and bring awareness.

Valued opinion, appreciate your thoughtful take on it. Where we disagree in some aspects, I can see your point of view. It's safe to say perception has many variables, neither right or wrong necessarily.

I agree with your take on how you can't continue to bite the hand that feeds you and expect to continue to be embraced.

However my feelings are, he should have never had to be in the situation he's in to begin with. He shouldn't have to still be protesting the inequality of POC in this country in 2021... that after all really is the only message here.

VA49er

Reaction score
hawker84":1hehwwq8 said:
Sports Hernia":1hehwwq8 said:
VA49er":1hehwwq8 said:
hawker84":1hehwwq8 said:
Well we can start by getting blackballed by the league for kneeling.

As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...

So basically no answer, ok got it, thanks for sharing.
He can explain it to you, but he can’t understand it for you.

It's a waste of time trying. Folks like this don't want to hear the truth, they've already made their minds up years ago, I could type responses till my fingers bleed and it won't change a thing. So why bother. They're just looking for a fight. It's sad folks go through life with so much anger and hatred.

I mean seriously the real question is, why do they really hate Colin, what did he do to them? What did he do to affect their life to the point where they hate him? Such a strong emotion, certainly he did something other than just protest?

First off in all this typing you've done you could have typed an example of how CK is oppressed. It's not that I can't understand more like you can't give one.

I never said I hate CK, I just don't think he is the one that should be representing the oppressed, he clearly has never experienced oppression.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
VA49er":3d72jf2z said:
hawker84":3d72jf2z said:
Sports Hernia":3d72jf2z said:
VA49er":3d72jf2z said:

It's a waste of time trying. Folks like this don't want to hear the truth, they've already made their minds up years ago, I could type responses till my fingers bleed and it won't change a thing. So why bother. They're just looking for a fight. It's sad folks go through life with so much anger and hatred.

I mean seriously the real question is, why do they really hate Colin, what did he do to them? What did he do to affect their life to the point where they hate him? Such a strong emotion, certainly he did something other than just protest?

First off in all this typing you've done you could have typed an example of how CK is oppressed. It's not that I can't understand more like you can't give one.

I never said I hate CK, I just don't think he is the one that should be representing the oppressed, he clearly has never experienced oppression.

I know boo boo. Life's not fair. Sorry not playing your game.. besides I did give you an example, but like I said you didn't want to hear it.

If you don't know what oppression is by now it's because you don't want to know.. if you truly want to know, educate yourself, you'll learn more...

VA49er

Reaction score
hawker84":8u6431vr said:
VA49er":8u6431vr said:
hawker84":8u6431vr said:
Sports Hernia":8u6431vr said:

I know boo boo. Life's not fair. Sorry not playing your game..

If you don't know what oppression is by now it's because you don't want to know.. if you do, educate yourself you'll learn more...

Oh I know what oppression is and it's not CK.

You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
VA49er":2e6iogss said:
hawker84":2e6iogss said:
VA49er":2e6iogss said:
hawker84":2e6iogss said:

If you don't know what oppression is by now it's because you don't want to know.. if you do, educate yourself you'll learn more...

You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.

Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.

VA49er

Reaction score
hawker84":2fnk6h4n said:
VA49er":2fnk6h4n said:
hawker84":2fnk6h4n said:
VA49er":2fnk6h4n said:

Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.

Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.

VA49er

Reaction score
VA49er":1oo6d7wj said:
hawker84":1oo6d7wj said:
VA49er":1oo6d7wj said:
hawker84":1oo6d7wj said:

You can't even come up with an example of your argument. The only thing you're destroying is your own position.

Good luck with life. Moving on now.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
VA49er":2wdnoqig said:
hawker84":2wdnoqig said:

You can't even come up with an example of your argument. The only thing you're destroying is your own position.

For those on the slow bus, I'll type it again. One example of him being oppressed, is

"getting blackballed from the NFL for his peaceful protest".

You want more examples. Do your own research.... :2thumbs:

VA49er

Reaction score
hawker84":lnyma7dw said:
VA49er":lnyma7dw said:
VA49er":lnyma7dw said:
hawker84":lnyma7dw said:

For those on the slow bus, I'll type it again. One example of him being oppressed, is

CK is an employee, when you work for a company and violate their rules you get fired.

If you do things that in the eyes of the employer make the company look bad you get fired.

CK got fired, then hired by NIKE and other organizations. This not the definition of oppression, if it is, we've all been oppressed.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
VA49er":2rfwm9jj said:
hawker84":2rfwm9jj said:

CK is an employee, when you work for a company and violate their rules you get fired.

If you do things that in the eyes of the employer make the company look bad you get fired.

CK got fired, then hired by NIKE and other organizations. This not the definition of oppression, if it is, we've all been oppressed.

"CK got fired, then hired by NIKE and other organizations. This not the definition of oppression, if it is, we've all been oppressed".

This quote is embarrassing for you on so many levels, and yet the truly sad part is, you have no clue why do you? You're right it is not the definition, matter of fact it has very little to do with being oppressed. I mean getting fired is an example of opression, but that's not really the big picture here is it bud?

To the rest of your drivel, what you're claiming is complete bull and you know it. The NFL had no such rule in place about standing for the anthem. If that's the case why didn't Tebow get banned? Not to mention tons of players were still doing it long after he got canned. Whats next you gonna tell me he was disrespecting the flag...?

sutz

Reaction score
VA49er":8qqfrmll said:
hawker84":8qqfrmll said:
VA49er":8qqfrmll said:
hawker84":8qqfrmll said:

Because CK was NOT protesting his personal treatment. He wasn't complaining that he was being oppressed, at least not before the insane RW rage directed at him after he rather quietly decided to kneel during the anthem. He was protesting for those who are not as well off as he was. He was protesting in empathy for those blacks who have faced inhuman treatment from police around the country.

But then, you knew that. :34853_doh:

VA49er

Reaction score
sutz":eihbkgml said:
VA49er":eihbkgml said:
hawker84":eihbkgml said:
VA49er":eihbkgml said:

Because CK was NOT protesting his personal treatment. He wasn't complaining that he was being oppressed, at least not before the insane RW rage directed at him after he rather quietly decided to kneel during the anthem. He was protesting for those who are not as well off as he was. He was protesting in empathy for those blacks who have faced inhuman treatment from police around the country.

Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen. As a former soldier myself I don't have to like his kneeling during the national anthem but it's why I served to defend his right to do so.

I still don't think he is in any way shape or form oppressed. I also don't think he should be the spokes person for those that are actually oppressed.

His comparison of the combine to slavery is absurd. Slaves had no choice. The combine is a try out with the potential to earn millions and a choice.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
VA49er":t5dw2y8l said:
sutz":t5dw2y8l said:
VA49er":t5dw2y8l said:
hawker84":t5dw2y8l said:

Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen. As a former soldier myself I don't have to like his kneeling during the national anthem but it's why I served to defend his right to do so.

I still don't think he is in any way shape or form oppressed. I also don't think he should be the spokes person for those that are actually oppressed.

His comparison of the combine to slavery is absurd. Slaves had no choice. The combine is a try out with the potential to earn millions and a choice.

Of course you don't. I forget you're an expert on the subject, obviously... That's all i got. Peace.

xray

Reaction score
Wish I could shape my shrubs that perfect . :D

Stud

Reaction score
hawker84":2ovg136n said:
I'll be the first to admit, I couldn't stand Kaepernick when he was playing. But this young man just continues to impress me. Here is a great docuseries to check out on Netflix...

Seen "Colin in Black & White" on Netflix yet?

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/802444 ... p=81265490

LOL! "Derp, I hated Kap as a player but I love him now because he agrees with my politics"!!!! What an amazingly shallow view of the world.

Lets be real here, Kap has made and continues to make millons off of his "protest". He doesn't care about anyone but himself. Same with Eric Reid, calling Malcolm Jenkins a "sellout" only to take a couple million dollar payout from the NFL less than a year later. They have to be the two dumbest mother ------s to lead a movement I've ever seen because of how repulsive their acts and language were. They should've handed the reigns over to Malcolm Jenkins, who seems at least more intelligent in the matter and relays his opinion in a less retarded way.

And I agree with the others in this thread. Kap is not a victim nor is he oppressed. Maybe he should go to a majority Muslim country or parts of Africa if they want to see real "oppression". But I get it, this is a website based in Seattle where a bunch of soy boys actually took over a few blocks last summer using nothing but their cartons of soy and Starbucks latte's. So not surprised to expect unobjective views.

Stud

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2yt1g7hl said:
VA49er":2yt1g7hl said:
hawker84":2yt1g7hl said:
VA49er":2yt1g7hl said:
You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.

Well we can start by getting blackballed by the league for kneeling.

As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...

I would think a poor white family barely scrapping by, living pay check to pay check is more oppressed than Kaepernick. But I learned there's the real definition of "oppressed" and the far left version that isn't quite based in reality. The reason I say that is because the later version of oppression is to make it so that minorities are always the victims no matter the situation, and that white people are always the oppressors.

Hence the reason, it's not based in reality.