D’Wayne Eskridge

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
More like D’Terrible Eskridge!

Why spend a second round pick on a luxury piece that cannot even see the field.

I’m still irate about this selection.

It makes no sense to draft a receiver that is not a complete 4 downs receiver that does not have a complete game.

Not knocking Eskridge on his physical size cause Lockett isn’t big either but Lockett has NFL talent!

D’Wayne Eskridge, man, he could have helped the team yesterday if he wasn’t D’Wayne Eskridge….

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
D'Wayne DID have fairly complete tape in college, though... it's not like he was a jabroni who didn't produce.

Not every player has to be good at everything. Those are unicorns. In the asscrack of the second round, I say go after guys who look to be really good at ANY facet of their game.

toffee

Reaction score
Just to make myself feel better, I am assuming that from last draft onwards, John will have the final said in drafting.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They drafted Eskridge because the Rams were picking directly behind them, and got scared.
Not only did the Rams take Tutu Atwell who appears to be much more productive, but they passed on Creed Humphreys

Polk738

Reaction score
He is now on the all C. J. Prosise team of what might have been Seahawks.

I feel like that team is getting bigger every year

it's not like he was a jabroni who didn't produce.

I'd say that sums up his resume' almost perfectly

More like D’Terrible Eskridge!

Why spend a second round pick on a luxury piece that cannot even see the field.

I’m still irate about this selection.

It makes no sense to draft a receiver that is not a complete 4 downs receiver that does not have a complete game.

Not knocking Eskridge on his physical size cause Lockett isn’t big either but Lockett has NFL talent!

D’Wayne Eskridge, man, he could have helped the team yesterday if he wasn’t D’Wayne Eskridge….

I'd say this team is definitely feeling the effects of that draft or l lack there of I should say, 3 picks and 2 of them are basically busts by this point, if not for Tre Brown that draft could've been a COMPLETE wash-I didn't get the pick either, so many other needs on this team at that time, the Seahawks are lucky they hit a home run with this last draft or they'd be in even bigger trouble than they are now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

I'd say this team is definitely feeling the effects of that draft or l lack there of I should say, 3 picks and 2 of them are basically busts by this point, if not for Tre Brown that draft could've been a COMPLETE wash-I didn't get the pick either, so many other needs on this team at that time, the Seahawks are lucky they hit a home run with this last draft or they'd be in even bigger trouble than they are now.

Definitely sums up his NFL resume, that's for certain...

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Given his collegiate production Eskridge made sense at the time. Given his nfl production, for which he is getting paid dollars, our cap needs whatever relief we could get by losing a non-player. I have been supportive of him but he just isn't on the field to support.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I never pretend to know anything about college players & what we should do in the draft but even I was flabbergasted by us passing on Creed Humphreys.

I guess it made too much sense.

It made too much sense for a lot of teams. That's why he went 63rd overall. I still think there was SOMETHING that we as fans were missing regarding his draft fall. Crappy interview or something.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It made too much sense for a lot of teams. That's why he went 63rd overall. I still think there was SOMETHING that we as fans were missing regarding his draft fall. Crappy interview or something.
Could be but I think center historically is just a lower valued position and it probably shouldn’t be so most tend to go in that range

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Could be but I think center historically is just a lower valued position and it probably shouldn’t be so most tend to go in that range
This is true. Most specialized position on the line, and there's only 1 center vs. 2 guards and 2 tackles. Numbers-wise, makes sense that there's less needed, therefore less taken.

Even still, I personally had him round 1. Thought he deserved to go around where Kelly and Linderbaum ended up going, second half of round 1.

keasley45

Reaction score

He was a coordinator pick. Pete like to let his guys get who they think they need. Waldron wanted Eskridge to run certain packages. Dude just can't stay healthy.