D’Wayne Eskridge

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He was a coordinator pick. Pete like to let his guys get who they think they need. Waldron wanted Eskridge to run certain packages. Dude just can't stay healthy.
It's not even that he can't stay healthy, he's looked completely overwhelmed every time that he's been on the field. I've seen Geno have to scream at him and personally direct him where to be too many times. He doesn't run particularly good routes and he also had issues staying healthy in college. He's tiny for an NFL wide receiver and while he did have elite speed at the combine that never particularly popped out on tape in the NFL.

It was an extremely questionable pick from the get go.

The Seahawks have had the tendency to get too cute with their picks for quite some time now. Too often have they skipped the slam dunk pick in favor of some player that should have gone much lower in the draft. This draft was refreshing because they didn't get too cute. All of the picks made perfect sense from a needs and player prospective.

Now you're going to probably say that "the big board doesn't always reflect the draft accurately, or reflect who is going to succeed" which is absolutely true. Though in this case, in the case of Seattle's top picks, if they went with the best pick from the perspective of the big board, they'd be in a better spot. We'd have players such as T.J Watt and Creed Humphries on our team.

BASF

Reaction score
Truth is I think that the concussion screwed him up mentally. It may simply have scrambled his brains or it may have scared him to the point that he is more protecting himself while on the field instead of just playing ball.

As far as Creed Humphrey goes, I don't think he wanted to play for the Seahawks and probably let them know during the interview. I blame this fan base for running off a top five center because they were riding so hard on the Russell Wilson mark train that it had to be Pocic's fault that Wilson can't function in a normal offense with normal pressure times. If Pocic had re-signed we barely hear Humphrey's name from the butthurt draftniks.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'll never understand the Pocic love. The guy stunk.

GemCity

Reaction score
It's not even that he can't stay healthy, he's looked completely overwhelmed every time that he's been on the field. I've seen Geno have to scream at him and personally direct him where to be too many times. He doesn't run particularly good routes and he also had issues staying healthy in college. He's tiny for an NFL wide receiver and while he did have elite speed at the combine that never particularly popped out on tape in the NFL.

It was an extremely questionable pick from the get go.

The Seahawks have had the tendency to get too cute with their picks for quite some time now. Too often have they skipped the slam dunk pick in favor of some player that should have gone much lower in the draft. This draft was refreshing because they didn't get too cute. All of the picks made perfect sense from a needs and player prospective.

Now you're going to probably say that "the big board doesn't always reflect the draft accurately, or reflect who is going to succeed" which is absolutely true. Though in this case, in the case of Seattle's top picks, if they went with the best pick from the perspective of the big board, they'd be in a better spot. We'd have players such as T.J Watt and Creed Humphries on our team.
💯

Mix

Reaction score
More like D’Terrible Eskridge!

Why spend a second round pick on a luxury piece that cannot even see the field.

I’m still irate about this selection.

It makes no sense to draft a receiver that is not a complete 4 downs receiver that does not have a complete game.

Not knocking Eskridge on his physical size cause Lockett isn’t big either but Lockett has NFL talent!

D’Wayne Eskridge, man, he could have helped the team yesterday if he wasn’t D’Wayne Eskridge….
I know when they spent the pick they should of known how good he would be on the next level. The fact they didn't already know and drafted him speaks volumes to their inability to get draft picks right.

Some guys are busts no matter the round drafted.

Slick

Reaction score
Truth is I think that the concussion screwed him up mentally. It may simply have scrambled his brains or it may have scared him to the point that he is more protecting himself while on the field instead of just playing ball.

As far as Creed Humphrey goes, I don't think he wanted to play for the Seahawks and probably let them know during the interview. I blame this fan base for running off a top five center because they were riding so hard on the Russell Wilson mark train that it had to be Pocic's fault that Wilson can't function in a normal offense with normal pressure times. If Pocic had re-signed we barely hear Humphrey's name from the butthurt draftniks.
This. He not only banged his head violently he dealt with tinnitus, headaches, and the associated mental/emotional trauma that goes with a severe head injury. I feel for the dude. It’s no fun when you are trying to fall asleep and it feels like the emergency broadcast tone is blaring all the time. I had to get therapy to deal with my ear ringing and accept my new normal.

Eskridge could very well be done as a Seahawk or more but these problems will follow.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It only looked like that because he was trying to block for a QB who wouldn't (possibly couldn't) run the plays as designed.

Pocic was one of the highest-rated centers in the league this year before going on IR.

It was because of his play that the QB had to go off script. The guy was constantly getting manhandled. If he was so good, why wasnt he kept? Heck, Geno is the 4th most sacked QB in the league this season. I'm sure thats all on him right?

Rat

Reaction score
He sucks so bad, I occasionally get confused and thinks he plays for the Colts.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score

What in the flying f***?

So we're allowed to just make stupid sh** up on this board?

JFC?

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
D'Wayne DID have fairly complete tape in college, though... it's not like he was a jabroni who didn't produce.

Not every player has to be good at everything. Those are unicorns. In the asscrack of the second round, I say go after guys who look to be really good at ANY facet of their game.
The Rock still thinks he’s a Jabroni!

And so does The People (12s).

BASF

Reaction score
What in the flying f***?

So we're allowed to just make stupid sh** up on this board?

JFC?
What part did I make up? The fact that I think Creed probably didn't want to play for the Seahawks?

First, I said I think. This means that it is my opinion and not being stated as fact.

Second, why would someone who watches film seeing Wilson dance even in a decent pocket with more than two seconds to throw and miss a bunch of open receivers then throw his line under the bus want to play with him?

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think I would honestly rather a roster spot be used to stash Bo Melton than to keep D'Wayne Eskridge.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It was because of his play that the QB had to go off script. The guy was constantly getting manhandled. If he was so good, why wasnt he kept? Heck, Geno is the 4th most sacked QB in the league this season. I'm sure thats all on him right?

Pocic isn't the Seahawks' center this season. He was playing really well for the Browns before he went on IR.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
What part did I make up? The fact that I think Creed probably didn't want to play for the Seahawks?

First, I said I think. This means that it is my opinion and not being stated as fact.

Second, why would someone who watches film seeing Wilson dance even in a decent pocket with more than two seconds to throw and miss a bunch of open receivers then throw his line under the bus want to play with him?
You made up a scenario in your mind that has no basis in fact then somehow blamed the fanbase for said scenario.

I guess if you provided some kind of link, from a reliable source, that even slightly hinted that Creed Humphreys didn't want to play in Seattle I would apologize but I doubt you can.

As for your second point, I doubt any college player has the time or wherewithal to watch all the game film from all 32 teams to come to that conclusion.

Even Denver didn't have the time to watch any Seattle game film apparently.:D

BASF

Reaction score
You made up a scenario in your mind that has no basis in fact then somehow blamed the fanbase for said scenario.

I guess if you provided some kind of link, from a reliable source, that even slightly hinted that Creed Humphreys didn't want to play in Seattle I would apologize but I doubt you can.

As for your second point, I doubt any college player has the time or wherewithal to watch all the game film from all 32 teams to come to that conclusion.

Even Denver didn't have the time to watch any Seattle game film apparently.:D
Pocic didn't want to play here. Is that debatable? You think that hearing from fans (Russell Wilson marks) that you are the problem constantly played no part in that? Do I think it was the entire fan base? Not even in the slightest, but the marks have been long and loud about their boy being our savior and the linemen (specifically one of the better graded centers) being the major problem. Do you really think that played no part in Pocic choosing Cleveland over Seattle? Anyone from the outside could see that Wilson dancing around and not throwing the open receivers has been a problem for years.

Are you one of the ones who saw Steve Hutchinson on draft day and didn't realize he didn't want to play for the Seahawks and that as soon as opportunity arrived he would get out of dodge? I called it then with his sneer of disdain when he held up his jersey and the poison pill happened to get him out of Seattle. Plenty of players have told teams they do not want to play for them. Do you believe it doesn't happen? Even if he does not tell the team he doesn't want to play for them, all he has to do is tank the interview.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Pocic didn't want to play here. Is that debatable? You think that hearing from fans (Russell Wilson marks) that you are the problem constantly played no part in that? Do I think it was the entire fan base? Not even in the slightest, but the marks have been long and loud about their boy being our savior and the linemen (specifically one of the better graded centers) being the major problem. Do you really think that played no part in Pocic choosing Cleveland over Seattle? Anyone from the outside could see that Wilson dancing around and not throwing the open receivers has been a problem for years.

Are you one of the ones who saw Steve Hutchinson on draft day and didn't realize he didn't want to play for the Seahawks and that as soon as opportunity arrived he would get out of dodge? I called it then with his sneer of disdain when he held up his jersey and the poison pill happened to get him out of Seattle. Plenty of players have told teams they do not want to play for them. Do you believe it doesn't happen? Even if he does not tell the team he doesn't want to play for them, all he has to do is tank the interview.
So, no link then?

Carry on.

BASF

Reaction score
So, no link then?

Carry on.
Supposition. There won't be a link, hence the I think. It is basic English. Not complicated. As soon as I get access to Creed I will ask him. Edit, hey, he has a twitter account. I don't do twitter, but maybe you could ask him?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pocic isn't the Seahawks' center this season. He was playing really well for the Browns before he went on IR.

I'm aware of that. Thats why I asked why he wasnt kept if he was so good. He leaves and plays well somewhere else, the Hawks get a different center but yet Geno is still one of the most sacked QBs in the league. Why is that? Ask yourself that before blaming everything on Russell Wilson.

Rat

Reaction score
I know hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think it's revisionist history to say that most of the fan base was begging for us to take Creed there. Granted, there's no shortage of good picks over the years we made that I thought were stupid at the time; we were all due to get one over the front office eventually. He should be ours though, and it's frustrating that he's not because he's really, really good.