Damian Lewis appreciation thread.

sc85sis

Reaction score
MrThortan":23ho9lj2 said:
His mistakes were frustrating, but considering he is a rookie, starting at center for the first time in the NFL, and it was a short week, he did considerably well. His name was called and he stepped up to help the team. Hopefully Pocic will be back next week though :lol:
First time EVER playing center. Pretty remarkable.

chris98251

Reaction score
sc85sis":ndfmlhgr said:
MrThortan":ndfmlhgr said:
His mistakes were frustrating, but considering he is a rookie, starting at center for the first time in the NFL, and it was a short week, he did considerably well. His name was called and he stepped up to help the team. Hopefully Pocic will be back next week though :lol:
First time EVER playing center. Pretty remarkable.

He has played Center, just not as a College player from my understanding.

His snaps were not as bad as many guys we have seen play it much more.

olyfan63

Reaction score
bigskydoc":23bjylk0 said:
It's almost as if there has been a monkey on John and Pete's backs, whispering in their ears, and leading to bad picks, for several years, and now that monkey is gone. LOL
I got a chuckle out of this! :) Yeah, I think someone was watching too much Cable TV.

Tusc2000":23bjylk0 said:
HawkRiderFan":23bjylk0 said:
Between Lewis and Pocic maybe the winning formula is just keep drafting LSU linemen :)

^^^This. Any lineman (O or D) who played for Ed Orgeron is going to be well-schooled in the art of being tough.

Tusc2000 mentioned Ed Orgeron from LSU, only drafting his linemen, so does this mean that the Steven Sullivan experiment at DE is over and we can look forward to him being our LT of the future? TE Garry Gilliam made the move to T, so why not Sullivan?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
How Lewis dropped to the third round is shocking. He's playing like a top 10 pick. He also proved versatility along the interior of line. I keep forgetting that this is his first year in the NFL. He can still be even better.

CPHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1q9e9yv3 said:
Lewis is the best OL pick JS/PC have made in all this time.
I think he can play anywhere and do very well,I wish we had
more just like him.

To be fair, they let Cable pick the OL. That's like me letting my 4yo pick dinner every night. It's going to be unhealthy, and we will end up getting no value from it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":949pt201 said:
He gets ran over, both guys fall down, and they call holding????? That was a horrific call.
Almost as bad as the OBVIOUS blow to the head on Russ that would have given us a first down and basically game over.
It was a bad call but most of the time that happens because of a hold and his hand did get around to the back of the DL. It was very clearly not a hold at all on replay but I don't fully fault the refs for it. Sometime their angle makes something look like a clear cut flag but actually isn't. That's something Id like to see be reviewable.

And, IMO, the refs gave bad calls to AZ just as much as to us. Olsen false start, a DPI or two that weren't called. And I believe one DPI they called in our favor that shouldn't have been. Anyway, the refs weren't great but I think it more or less evened out.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
CPHawk":1dfu7i5o said:
IndyHawk":1dfu7i5o said:
more just like him.

To be fair, they let Cable pick the OL. That's like me letting my 4yo pick dinner every night. It's going to be unhealthy, and we will end up getting no value from it.

He's actually been quite good with the Raiders. I think he just wasn't a good fit here after a while. It was a chemistry thing.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/1329704310796521473[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cmikesspinmove/status/1331707191678517248[/tweet]

Good friggin' lord! This kid played center in an emergency situation, without taking any real amount of reps at the spot, and look at him! LOOK AT HIM!

This guy can seriously handle anything that's thrown at him. He's got hall of fame potential if he continues improving and stays healthy.

Most impressive individual performance I've seen this year.

kf3339

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1abh45h0 said:
CPHawk":1abh45h0 said:
IndyHawk":1abh45h0 said:
more just like him.

He's actually been quite good with the Raiders. I think he just wasn't a good fit here after a while. It was a chemistry thing.

The Raiders O-line has looked good the last two years. Perhaps the problem was the chemistry with Bevell. But I doubt he gets to pick the O-Line players on the Raiders. Probably gives an opinion, but that's it.

Teahawks

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/lA0gy4KJMTU

The clip that matters here is in the first 30 seconds. The guy here that Lewis dominates is Tyler Shelving, who is considered an upper round pick, and is 360lbs. Like, watch him hit Lewis with all his might, and Lewis just absorbs it and then flips him onto his behind. Now that is real strength.

evergreen

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3t0bcatf said:
He gets ran over, both guys fall down, and they call holding????? That was a horrific call.
Almost as bad as the OBVIOUS blow to the head on Russ that would have given us a first down and basically game over.
Why didn't Russ come up pointing to his helmet like DeAndre did? He probably gets that call if he does...