Do you Respect KJ Wright?

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Not sure from this video clip how your two comments are related?
Fair.

My opinion is that KJ’s opinion is a good one, and that he’s praising PC.

Those of us that want PC gone AND claim respect respect for KJ should feel a bit conflicted.

Personally I don’t see a way to answer yes to both questions.
I’d like hear the opinions/stance of those that feel like they can answer “yes” to both.

No right or wrong answers, just an opportunity to have a conversation.

My belief is, that players like/love/enjoy playing for Pete, and coupled with our success it’s hard for me to understand those that want Pete gone.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Master motivator has never been in question. KJ essentially confirms that. I guess some folks want greater savvy with Xs and Os.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Master motivator has never been in question. KJ essentially confirms that. I guess some folks want greater savvy with Xs and Os.
And I suppose I get that.

I simply can’t argue against the success, I get frustrated at times just like everyone but I recognize that very few teams have had the level that we have over his tenure.

I’ve searched and can not find any players that have anything bad to say about him.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Motivator A+. X's and O's B-. Game Time Decisions That Sometimes Negatively Impact The Game A+++.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Motivator A+. X's and O's B-. Game Time Decisions That Sometimes Negatively Impact The Game A+++.
My #1 complaint/beef with Pete is his clock management at the end of games, that and wasting TOs so he doesn’t have any available when he actually needs them. (Still actually clock management)

Edit: and I actually think part of that issue was on our previous QB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

This.

You can respect and admire Pete for what KJ's talking about, being a master motivator (or manipulator), and still not like the way he schemes, playcalls, who he hires, etc.

m0ng0

Reaction score
KJ haS nothing but my utmost respect, if I disagree it's his opinion and his opinions are much more educated than mine.

Everybody can call the game better than Pete in their minds, and the reason why it's they have hindsight, Pete is doing this IN the moment, Pete trusts his gut and reacts to his feelings in the moment. My feeling is the coach is always wrong because us geniuses know better, in every situation, EVERY TIME.

Let him coach as long as he wants.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It was Petes fantastic 'D' that got the Seahawks 1st 2 NFC Championships IN A ROW & our 1st Super Bowl win, and I believe that if it weren't for the injuries to a couple of KEY players on the 'D' (LOB in particular), they'd have taken home their 2nd Lombardi in a row.
Pete played to the strengths of his team, and it just so happened to be that his Defense was carrying the heavier end.
It's only obvious that Pete had to shift his focus to the Run Game to aid RW to become a more balanced & complete Signal Caller.....To say that Russell Wilson had an unconventional style of play is an understatement, and because of that, there were some consequential tradeoffs on the Offense, multiple OC changes were employed to try and >help< meld conventional schemes to RW's unconventional play....What Pete ALREADY knew, & Hackett quickly discovered.... that was going to be no easy task.
MY POINT WAS, that Pete had to alter A LOT of his play schemes and O-Line structuring for Wilson's unorthodox play, while the Play Calls made for Geno DO NOT come with the same on the fly alterations.... Last years Drafting of Charles Cross @#9 in the first round, is proof of the restructuring for a more conventional Quarterback play.

Last edited:

Mick063

Reaction score
I don't just love Pete as a coach. I love his world view as well. I think he is extremely intelligent.
Why?
With respect to league policy, rule changes, referee emphasis, etc., he always listens to both sides of an argument before passing judgement and he always gives credence to the view that doesn't align with his. This signals critical thinking skills that surpass typical people. This is an inherent skill that bleeds into his coaching acumen as well. I bet it would be an incredible experience to be an assistant coach for him. I bet he would thoughtfully listen to your input.
The other aspect is that he is always positive, always supportive, never throws his professional associates under the bus. Whether a given person quarterbacks the team, coaches the special teams, or mops the bathroom floor. They are all given public support and public respect. And it is genuine. Real.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This.

You can respect and admire Pete for what KJ's talking about, being a master motivator (or manipulator), and still not like the way he schemes, playcalls, who he hires, etc.
Okay Largent, I absolutely do respect both you and Aros, so let me ask you both.... given Wilson and his seeming inability to speed-read Defenses, and Petes on the fly adjustments to cover for RW's LACK of adjustments and or desire to follow the game plans of Bevell, Schotts & Waldron, What would either or both of y'all have done differently?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Okay Largent, I absolutely do respect both you and Aros, so let me ask you both.... given Wilson and his seeming inability to speed-read Defenses, and Petes on the fly adjustments to cover for RW's LACK of adjustments and or desire to follow the game plans of Bevell, Schotts & Waldron, What would either or both of y'all have done differently?
Gotten rid of him earlier

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

I wasn't saying I'm one of the Pete haters. I was disputing the original sentiment that it's an either/or thing like medic's premise.

I've said for years I thought Pete did a great job of scheming his offense to Russell's strengths. How could you dispute that, dude was on his way to putting on a gold jacket before his ego got too big and he demanded out in order to run the show..........and we saw how well that went last year.

You watch, Denver's offense is going to look EXACTLY like how Pete and his coordinators schemed and playcalled for Russell. Gigantic run grating O-line, physical run game opening up play action and RPO for Russ to excel.