Do you Respect KJ Wright?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And yet, even with about 8 years of crappy Drafts, Pete has KEPT the Seahawks winning A LOT MORE GAMES than they've lost in all those years after winning TWO CONSECUTIVE NFC CHAMPIONSHIPS.
The problem I have with the Pete H8ers/detractors/think they know-it-alls', is what have they EVER DONE that would come close to rivaling what he's accomplished in his Coaching career, I'll tell you...NADA, NOTHING.
Hell, there are still a shitload of Head Coaches drawing paychecks that haven't even come close to having anywhere near the success that Pete has.
Has Pete Carroll has made some mistakes through the years?, sure, but so has EVERY Man-Jack HEAD COACH in the League, PERIOD.

Yeah they won a bunch of regular season games. Hip hip hooray.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yeah they won a bunch of regular season games. Hip hip hooray.
As opposed to what, LOSING a bunch of "Regular Season Games" and almost never even sniffing a Post Season Game? LOLOLOL
Still though, TWO NFC Championships in a row & a SUPER BOWL win + A Seahawks Parade in Downtown Seattle = A SINCERE "HIP HIP HOORAY"

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
We have all witnessed the times he tried the 'square peg in a round hole' over and over again and the lack of 2nd half adjustments make it a legit argument. He also has admitted more than once that he had no idea what the opposing team was doing, thus no answer for it. That's where its coming from.
You and I know nothing about what Pete did or didn't do at halftime. More nonsense from your fairy tale universe you live in.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
As opposed to what, LOSING a bunch of "Regular Season Games" and almost never even sniffing a Post Season Game? LOLOLOL
Still though, TWO NFC Championships in a row & a SUPER BOWL win + A Seahawks Parade in Downtown Seattle = A SINCERE "HIP HIP HOORAY"

If there was only a prize for early exits in the post season right?

How long can you hold onto the past? Again, nostalgia can only last so long.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Oh ok. So watching quarters of bubble screens and run plays into stacked lines was misleading. Gotcha.
Yeah that's all they did the whole season. From the first snap to the last, nothing but bubble screens and run plays. 🥱

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If there was only a prize for early exits in the post season right?

How long can you hold onto the past? Again, nostalgia can only last so long.
Sounds to me like you don't know jack-shit about the lean years in Seattle, I hang onto the BEST memories that Pete was responsible for bringing here, because only THANKLESS SNIVELING QUITTERS & CYNICS would hang onto the bad & call it "Nostalgia".
Nostalgia for me was when my Daughter was born almost 56 years ago, a Son 2 years later, and getting Fathers day 'I Love Yous', and seeing my Seahawks hoisting a Lombardi just NEVER GETS OLD.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Oh ok. So watching quarters of bubble screens and run plays into stacked lines was misleading. Gotcha.
Dude, you keep reaching like that, you're gonna tear somethin' lose in your mind....WAIT!!! THAT'S IT!!!, THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENED, AIN'T IT?!?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! (catches breath) LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Dude, you keep reaching like that, you're gonna tear somethin' lose in your mind....WAIT!!! THAT'S IT!!!, THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENED, AIN'T IT?!?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! (catches breath) LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Lol. I do love your use of capital letters. Like your kicking and screaming behind your keyboard. Never fails to make me laugh.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
We have all witnessed the times he tried the 'square peg in a round hole' over and over again and the lack of 2nd half adjustments make it a legit argument. He also has admitted more than once that he had no idea what the opposing team was doing, thus no answer for it. That's where its coming from.
People always talk about halftime adjustments but I don’t feel that is the way things actually work. I have heard in many interviews teams don’t go into halftime and make “massive changes”. They may tweak a thing or two but a massive change to game plan is not a reasonable expectation with all the planning going into a single game. Other teams study film too and the game plan may include things to confuse or throw other teams off. I will be honest and not sit here and pretend to know what is going on in locker rooms at half time. Like I said what I have heard is form players and coaches themselves.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I have heard in many interviews teams don’t go into halftime and make “massive changes”. They may tweak a thing or two but a massive change to game plan is not a reasonable expectation with all the planning going into a single game.
You have it correct. Teams are constantly making adjustments during the game itself. At half-time, however, players have just enough time to run in, use the facilities, grab a drink or a snack, then go back out on the field. Coaches don't hover around lockers trying to talk to players about specifics.

chris98251

Reaction score
One thing about Wilson is the man has never lost his shit on the sidelines like Brady and others.
True, but we had Russell Wilson, not Diva Wilson, Payton is more Volatile also. Payton has no issue holding players accountable directly, a difference from Pete's innuendos and we have to look at the film stuff.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
People always talk about halftime adjustments but I don’t feel that is the way things actually work. I have heard in many interviews teams don’t go into halftime and make “massive changes”. They may tweak a thing or two but a massive change to game plan is not a reasonable expectation with all the planning going into a single game. Other teams study film too and the game plan may include things to confuse or throw other teams off. I will be honest and not sit here and pretend to know what is going on in locker rooms at half time. Like I said what I have heard is form players and coaches themselves.

Valid points. Here's a good article.

(it wont post it for some reason, but it was a halftime piece by bleacher report)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
You have it correct. Teams are constantly making adjustments during the game itself. At half-time, however, players have just enough time to run in, use the facilities, grab a drink or a snack, then go back out on the field. Coaches don't hover around lockers trying to talk to players about specifics.

Thats not entirely correct. The coaches gather in a separate room and converse about whats going on. Afterwards position coaches gather their players and spend a few minutes talking about changes and so forth.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
IMHO halftime Pete will often look at what his team is doing or not doing. He feels if his team performs the way they should then let’s not worry much about what the other team is doing. Just his way of coaching. Often the issue is poor execution by his own team. Changing the game plan will not fix execution issues. Often that is the case. So no need to change anything other than the way the team is performing. Coach can only do so much.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Have a feeling Payton will too. Shades of Holmgren / Hass... except Mike always smoothed things over with his high school teacher persona in the end.

Payton? He was the brains behind bountygate.

Gonna be fun to watch.

I honestly don't think Payton cares about any of this.

He didn't trade for Russ, his contract isn't tied to Russ's success, or failure. He won't hesitate to bench his ass, he's not going to be walking on egg shells trying not to step on Russ's toes like Hackett did.

And I think Russ knows that, thus showing up in the best shape of the past 7-8 years. He knows Payton isn't messing around.