Do you Respect KJ Wright?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Fair.

My opinion is that KJ’s opinion is a good one, and that he’s praising PC.

Those of us that want PC gone AND claim respect respect for KJ should feel a bit conflicted.

Personally I don’t see a way to answer yes to both questions.
I’d like hear the opinions/stance of those that feel like they can answer “yes” to both.

No right or wrong answers, just an opportunity to have a conversation.

My belief is, that players like/love/enjoy playing for Pete, and coupled with our success it’s hard for me to understand those that want Pete gone.
I have never wanted PC gone. I have wanted PC not controlling in-game coaching for a long time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Gotten rid of him earlier
Wilson had a 'No Trade Clause', + a list of teams that he'd have been willing to be traded to, so Pete's only real option would have been to cut him, (a fools errand) you KNOW that wasn't going to happen., and besides, my point was, Pete had already invested a crapload of time, money, Coaching & effort into TRYING to help him transition into a more complete QB, and besides, it was Wilson who had the final say, & so WILLED his way out of Seattle.
Largent is right in that the only way the Donko's are going to bring out the best in Wilson, is if Payton either takes a page out of Pete's playbook, or benches him, and unless he injured or can no longer play with the speed deeded to stay out of trouble, I don't see that happening.
And again, now that Pete has a more conventional Quarterback who is accurate & can make all the throws he can now return to a not so limited Coaching scheme.
Since Wilsons' departure, y'all have to admit that Pete has reopened the play book....A LOT!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wilson had a 'No Trade Clause', + a list of teams that he'd have been willing to be traded to, so Pete's only real option would have been to cut him, (a fools errand) you KNOW that wasn't going to happen., and besides, my point was, Pete had already invested a crapload of time, money, Coaching & effort into TRYING to help him transition into a more complete QB, and besides, it was Wilson who had the final say, & so WILLED his way out of Seattle.
Largent is right in that the only way the Donko's are going to bring out the best in Wilson, is if Payton either takes a page out of Pete's playbook, or benches him, and unless he injured or can no longer play with the speed deeded to stay out of trouble, I don't see that happening.
And again, now that Pete has a more conventional Quarterback who is accurate & can make all the throws he can now return to a not so limited Coaching scheme.
Since Wilsons' departure, y'all have to admit that Pete has reopened the play book....A LOT!

Yeah they tried to trade him to the Eagles at the end if the 2020 season, but Wilson nixed it with his no trade clause.

He wanted control, and the Eagles weren't going to give it to him like the Broncos did.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Yeah they tried to trade him to the Eagles at the end if the 2020 season, but Wilson nixed it with his no trade clause.

He wanted control, and the Eagles weren't going to give it to him like the Broncos did.
Shouldn't the eagles owe us a couple of draft picks just on general principal, for saving them from a horrible tragedy..?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have never wanted PC gone. I have wanted PC not controlling in-game coaching for a long time.
I don’t think he controls as much as fans think he does. He made a comment in a podcast I linked here a couple of weeks ago, indicating he was getting more involved in the D this season than he’s been in a few years (or something to that effect). I found that interesting because D is his bread and butter, and he’s always been more involved there than he has on offense. Also, it made me feel he believes being less involved hasn’t necessarily been a good thing considering the results on defense recently.

Edit to add: This is the podcast. I highly recommend listening.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
One thing about Wilson is the man has never lost his shit on the sidelines like Brady and others.

On the other hand, his teammates have yelled at him plenty on the sidelines.

keasley45

Reaction score
ZING!

Truth.
On the other hand, his teammates have yelled at him plenty on the sidelines.
Have a feeling Payton will too. Shades of Holmgren / Hass... except Mike always smoothed things over with his high school teacher persona in the end.

Payton? He was the brains behind bountygate.

Gonna be fun to watch.

keasley45

Reaction score
I don’t think he controls as much as fans think he does. He made a comment in a podcast I linked here a couple of weeks ago, indicating he was getting more involved in the D this season than he’s been in a few years (or something to that effect). I found that interesting because D is his bread and butter, and he’s always been more involved there than he has on offense. Also, it made me feel he believes being less involved hasn’t necessarily been a good thing considering the results on defense recently.

Edit to add: This is the podcast. I highly recommend listening.

The myth that Pete is some kind of in-game meddler is so overblown.

His entire philosophy is built on putting others in position to lead. He SHOULD have been more involved over the years. We'd have been better for it. 2020 when he stepped in - better.
2022 when he stepped in - better.
2021 when he gave Russ a new fancy OC, control, and stayed out? Disaster.

Some of his red flag challenges leave me scratching my head and on occassion, screaming at the television. Time out utilization, clock management? Also perplexing at times, but it's interesting that those problems seem to disappear last year and pop up in Denver. But for the most part, I've been frustrated at him giving the reigns to guys like Norton and Bevell and not pushing harder to get things fixed.

When he gets the right guys - Schotty, Waldron, Quinn - things have the potential to go pretty well.

But uber micromanager he is not.

I'd fault him for not being more of a hard ass and demanding better performance.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

And after failing miserably, no longer has. With that Eagles D and their vet OL, not hard to think he could’ve been in prime position to add another ring instead of knocking himself out of HoF contention.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Have a feeling Payton will too. Shades of Holmgren / Hass... except Mike always smoothed things over with his high school teacher persona in the end.

Payton? He was the brains behind bountygate.

Gonna be fun to watch.
Sidetrack, was he really? I thought it was part and parcel the DC who instituted and ran it. Payton just got blasted because he’s the boss. I was personally kinda wtf about it. I understand you can’t offer bounties and that’s a punishable offense, but iirc they didn’t really get substantially more personal fouls than any other team. Having your team take shots, as long as they’re legal shots, is just football to me.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I’ve never understood why people think Pete doesn’t understand Xs and Os. Just because you may not like his approach doesn’t mean he is some sort of football idiot who gets by only as a motivator.

We have all witnessed the times he tried the 'square peg in a round hole' over and over again and the lack of 2nd half adjustments make it a legit argument. He also has admitted more than once that he had no idea what the opposing team was doing, thus no answer for it. That's where its coming from.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think KJ is telling the truth for the most part just reflecting on his prestigious run with his best defense of all time brothers, these dudes talked then and they still talk :). (what would Kam have done to people in 1980?)

CouchLogic

Reaction score
...Having your team take shots, as long as they’re legal shots, is just football to me.
Monetary gains and fabulous prizes aside, I don't see an issue with focusing on certain players, that's kind of the point..right?

Within the confines of the rules, I would dish out punishment in droves and methodically take away opposing teams wills to win. If an opponent gets knocked out of a game or sidelined a few plays, so be it. Get bigger, get tougher, get good scrub.

I don't think for one second guys like Kam and Shawn thought twice about who was in front of them. The hurt was coming. Kam seemed to really like hitting Vernon Davis, ha. Marshawn just wanted to hit everyone and like the Hulk he just got more intense/powerful the more it went on.

Sorry, this was waaaaaay off topic (thanks Sonny Chiba).

I roll with KJ, he's a legit dude ala Mike Rob and Cliff Avril.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
We have all witnessed the times he tried the 'square peg in a round hole' over and over again and the lack of 2nd half adjustments make it a legit argument. He also has admitted more than once that he had no idea what the opposing team was doing, thus no answer for it. That's where its coming from.
And yet, even with about 8 years of crappy Drafts, Pete has KEPT the Seahawks winning A LOT MORE GAMES than they've lost in all those years after winning TWO CONSECUTIVE NFC CHAMPIONSHIPS.
The problem I have with the Pete H8ers/detractors/think they know-it-alls', is what have they EVER DONE that would come close to rivaling what he's accomplished in his Coaching career, I'll tell you...NADA, NOTHING.
Hell, there are still a shitload of Head Coaches drawing paychecks that haven't even come close to having anywhere near the success that Pete has.
Has Pete Carroll has made some mistakes through the years?, sure, but so has EVERY Man-Jack HEAD COACH in the League, PERIOD.

Latest posts