Do you Respect KJ Wright?

keasley45

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Payton cares about any of this.

He didn't trade for Russ, his contract isn't tied to Russ's success, or failure. He won't hesitate to bench his ass, he's not going to be walking on egg shells trying not to step on Russ's toes like Hackett did.

And I think Russ knows that, thus showing up in the best shape of the past 7-8 years. He knows Payton isn't messing around.
Not saying i think Payton cares. I also dont think he will care to hear excuses for why a play wasnt executed or the nonstop babbling about 'preparation' and hard work if that hard work doesnt result in a firm grasp of the pkaybook and ability to do whats asked.

I personally dont think Russ has it in him. Hes a competitor and competing rewuires doing what's necessary to win... like easy completions from easy reads that move the chains. I don't think Russ didn't do that because Pete didn't make him. I think he didn't do it because he can't- see last years loss to the Colts.

Payton will cut bait and move on.

I don't think Russ is on the Donks roster in 24 and I don't think he finishes the season as QB1.

On his latest podcast, KJ walks the line of crediting Pete with a lot of the success we and 3 had while also keeping faith in Russ turning it around. His co-host was less optimistic. Luke Willson interestingly stayed out if it, but he's been pretty honest in his criticism of Russ...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
On his latest podcast, KJ walks the line of crediting Pete with a lot of the success we and 3 had while also keeping faith in Russ turning it around. His co-host was less optimistic. Luke Willson interestingly stayed out if it, but he's been pretty honest in his criticism of Russ...

All those OG players knew it, it's why they got so mad publicly when Pete would protect Russ from all the legitimate criticism.

And now we know why Pete did that, because he knew Russell's "unwavering confidence" was just a mirage, and he actually performed horribly when criticized and pressing.......as was laid bare for everyone to see last season.

But like I said, Payton doesn't care. Either Russ is going to listen, run the Hawk offense and play his ass off......or he's benched. Thus one of the biggest low key signings of the off season in giving Stidham 10M with almost 5M guaranteed. Payton knows there's a BIG chance he'll need to play him in 2023.