Draft heavy: Offense or Defense ?

Chawker

Reaction score
How should the Seahawks go about building this team ? Do you think they should draft a more balanced team or go heavy offense or lean heavy defensive picks early on with this team ?

What ratio do you think the Seahawks go with the first five picks ?

My guess is a slightly heavy on our offense for obvious raises (Russ) and a OL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If John and Pete's intention is to build another great defense and run game, then there's your answer.

D-line
O-line
CB

Those are our three biggest needs, in no particular order. So however these newly gained draft picks need to be used, they need to be used on these three positions early and often, especially the D-line and O-line.

I'm going to lose my mind if I see us trade down from #9 and draft some risky reach player. Or draft a QB in a VERY weak QB class.

You can't screw up this top 10 pick, you just can't. This HAS to be a cornerstone player.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The defence has been the weakest part of the team recently, however without Wilson the O could quickly take their place. For me this draft is so rich in high quality defensive players that I suspect it'd be a mistake to not draft several of them DE, DT, OT, and CB. I could see the team trading up to get one of the top DEs or trading back to get more picks and an OT or CB. I can also see them drafting a LB or two.

If you are cynical you might even think, who knows they'll likely draft a Punter.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Heavy on Defense early on (just too much talent to be passing up on the early rounds, BUT TOO, they HAVE TO find another Bruiser Beast RB to help whoever cinches the Quarterback job, because IF (Lawd forbid) Penny gets bunged up again.

Scout

Reaction score
Offense needs another RB and OL in the mix. Defense needs help at all levels.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I actually want a mix. Give me a stud interior O-lineman like C Tyler Linderbaum and/or G Zion Johson.

And I also want to see up add LB Devin Lloyd or CB Derek Stingley Jr.

The top Edge rushers will most likely be gone before our pick at #9 so maybe take a flier at one in the 3rd round... like Boye Mafe.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Numbers wise I can see more to the Offense, but the earliest picks need to be Defense if you’re factoring in the top talent in the draft and team need.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Looking at the way the board falls and matches up with our picks, I find myself leaning strongly towards a defensive draft with a couple of offensive linemen added.

Another running back to add to the stable also wouldn't hurt

Latest posts