Drew Lock is back according to Field Gulls..

keasley45

Reaction score
I think that's a very interesting comment! and again, I'm surprised that NOBODY followed up on what he meant by that. Is he going to switch off in the middle of a game? Is he going to maybe use both QB's situationally showcasing their strengths situationally? Or does Carroll just think that both QB's have the talent to be #1 QB's and that at some point both will play?
I think the latter.

It's what you say to make the guy who is #2, feel like he is 1a. Whether or not they have the talent to be a #1 on a team other than Seattle?... we shall see.

Although, if they're as evenly matched as some say, then it could be Pete saying 'both guys could start... on this team.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Based on the fact that people have opinions. Whoa, mind blown. Opinions on a message board. The more you know...........
The negativity expressed with those opinions based largely upon the person's feelings seems to be the issue. And of course you and others have that freedom, yet your arguments have little meat to work with.

Continue sharing your feelings based opinions, there are others doing the same so you can enjoy the tribe you're part of.

Others who want to discuss without name calling or assuming they know what they can't know will fairly presume the pointlessness in discussing things on a minimally higher level with those who are basing their opinions on emotion.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
What facts can you give me that show that Geno Smith and Cake are as good as you seem to be suggesting?
Hasn't this been presented multiple times? Perhaps scroll up in the many Geno threads and you'll find the information presented. You don't need to agree with what has been presented but it seems a bit disingenuous to act as if the information hasn't been presented multiple times.

And for the record, I'm not in any way sold on Geno, but the season is long and I would like to see what he can do with the ball in his hands when it counts.

You can't make the playoffs in the first game of the season!

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Meh, I just am tired of Pete. Not here to argue.
I think this is the crux of most issues here. Those who have an irreconcilable hatred for Pete Carroll vs. everyone else. I appreciate Pete Carroll, yet I realize as a human he may not have always made the perfect choices, easily pointed out in retrospect.

But guess what? That is true for every human, coach, player, or message board prognosticator.

This is part of the reason why this season is as exciting as it is. The dramatics on here will be entertaining whatever the season brings. The optimist in me is looking forward to great success. According to many here winning more than 5 games is an impossibility, so when the Seahawks surpass 5 wins it will be fun to see the narratives shift as we all know they will.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't hate Pete at all. I just would like to see a change. Some new blood.
But please feel free to assume. Do you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dude, get over it. I just am ready to move on from Pete. It's just coach speak, it's not JUST Pete. Just ready for some new blood. It IS ok to not be happy with the coach of your team.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
I don't hate Pete at all. I just would like to see a change. Some new blood.
But please feel free to assume. Do you.
I would use the word presume based upon the evidence presented.

For you I can amend my statement to "Those who have an irreconcilable hatred for Pete Carroll and SoulfishHawk who is just tired of Pete vs. everyone else."

SoulfishHawk said:
Meh, I just am tired of Pete.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Dude, get over it. I just am ready to move on from Pete. It's just coach speak, it's not JUST Pete. Just ready for some new blood. It IS ok to not be happy with the coach of your team.
Get over what? Have I told you not to express your opinion about Pete or anything else? You made a post and I was trying to understand what you meant. If your post is meant as a monologue let me know, I won't reply.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not worth talking about. I don't hate Pete, just ready for a change. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. But alas, someone is required to explain why.
Nope

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Not worth talking about. I don't hate Pete, just ready for a change. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. But alas, someone is required to explain why.
Nope
Here is my thing, Pete is NOT going anywhere this year... so I'm curious why the conversation is relevant? Maybe it's just a way for people to vent and relay frustration?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, he will be here until he decides to leave. I stick to my opinion that this team needs new blood at HC.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I think the latter.

It's what you say to make the guy who is #2, feel like he is 1a. Whether or not they have the talent to be a #1 on a team other than Seattle?... we shall see.

Although, if they're as evenly matched as some say, then it could be Pete saying 'both guys could start... on this team.
Some say the Hawks have actually 2 #2s and nobody is a #1, Thats interesting to me. But then again why does the media rating of a QB have any merit at all?

Clearly in my mind, Carroll believes that Lock has talent and Denver didn't bring him along correctly or the culture of the team wasn't conducive to Locks development... So, Carroll brings Lock to the Seahawks believing he can fix lock through culture and coaching. So How Long should that actually take? I think that is a good question. Lock has to learn a completely new system, create chemistry with new players all by the end of training camp all the while competing with Geno who has chemistry with all of the players and has a complete understanding of a complicated O.

To me It's unrealistic for Lock to overtake Geno even though he might have more upside not is Carroll is realistically feeling like the Hawks can compete for the west.

Personally, I don't care who wins the QB competition as I am enjoying the ride (Lets ride! Oops F me!! LMAO!!!)

I just think It's going to realistically take some time for Carroll to get Lock ready and I believe that Carroll has a year to decide if Lock or Geno is the direction he wants to go.

whether the media thinks Lock and Geno are #1 or #2 Qb prospects Doesn't mean anything at all... we are going to see How Carroll plays them and how the situation works it's self out and in typical Carroll fashion he is going to give as little info as he can and make the media go on a Ride... Lets ride! OOPS!! damn it!!

Just my thoughts

Rosco

Reaction score
Some say the Hawks have actually 2 #2s and nobody is a #1, Thats interesting to me. But then again why does the media rating of a QB have any merit at all?

Clearly in my mind, Carroll believes that Lock has talent and Denver didn't bring him along correctly or the culture of the team wasn't conducive to Locks development... So, Carroll brings Lock to the Seahawks believing he can fix lock through culture and coaching. So How Long should that actually take? I think that is a good question. Lock has to learn a completely new system, create chemistry with new players all by the end of training camp all the while competing with Geno who has chemistry with all of the players and has a complete understanding of a complicated O.

To me It's unrealistic for Lock to overtake Geno even though he might have more upside not is Carroll is realistically feeling like the Hawks can compete for the west.

Personally, I don't care who wins the QB competition as I am enjoying the ride (Lets ride! Oops F me!! LMAO!!!)

I just think It's going to realistically take some time for Carroll to get Lock ready and I believe that Carroll has a year to decide if Lock or Geno is the direction he wants to go.

whether the media thinks Lock and Geno are #1 or #2 Qb prospects Doesn't mean anything at all... we are going to see How Carroll plays them and how the situation works it's self out and in typical Carroll fashion he is going to give as little info as he can and make the media go on a Ride... Lets ride! OOPS!! damn it!!

Just my thoughts
Lock is already familiar with the WCO, Shane Waldrons offense is off the same Shanahan WCO. Sean McVay tree,but from the Mike Shanahan tree.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Lock is already familiar with the WCO, Shane Waldrons offense is off the same Shanahan WCO. Sean McVay tree,but from the Mike Shanahan tree.
West Coast Offense Tree

There are a few more branches needed to be updated but this will at least give them the scope of it.

SB victories in parenthesis.

Last edited:

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
It's not the same... it's a variation. Not everything the Seahawks run is off of the WCO.

Rosco

Reaction score
It's not the same... it's a variation. Not everything the Seahawks run is off of the WCO.
The Shanahan WCO is the foundation of it. I believe nearly a 3rd of the NFL runs some form of it.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
The Shanahan WCO is the foundation of it. I believe nearly a 3rd of the NFL runs some form of it.
Yes its a variation ...some of the terminology is the same and there are a but lot of plays that are the same but therr are differences... just like where it all came from Bill Walsh...which is a big difference from Mike Holmgrens version of the WCO, which is different from mike shanahan version ...still lots to learn.