Dunbar gone - Signing with Lions

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Huge difference in ego's. I'll believe it when I see it. And NO, I don't hate Sherm at all. I just don't worship him like many do.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Dunbar was a disappointment here, the team trades for him, he gets involved in that dubious criminal matter which then gets him suspended throughout the preseason so he misses camp and then when reinstated is slow to pick things up and didn’t deliver much on his hoped for promise, then he got hurt just as he was starting to get it. Even then his play was hot and ice cold. I’m a tad disappointed that he didn’t re-up b/c a full offseason may have had him show what we’d traded a draft pick to get. He was paid pretty well too and delivered not very much.. Does help on the comp pick front though.

Not sure at present how much Sherm has left in the tank but his swag could help the team if he has worked out his issues with the team, if not hard pass.

hangumhi

Reaction score
Good riddance to Dunbar. I wish Pete would follow him out the door. Watching him "play" injured against the rams was an absolute joke. Pete allowed him to jog the entire game and limp around while getting burned the whole game.

And to those wanting richard Sherman back...good lord you have to be joking! Cancer to a team, and he can't stay healthy and he can't cover. What are some people watching on sundays that make them believe he would be a good addition?

hawks85

Reaction score
[instagram][/instagram]
hangumhi":1eotu2mb said:
Good riddance to Dunbar. I wish Pete would follow him out the door. Watching him "play" injured against the rams was an absolute joke. Pete allowed him to jog the entire game and limp around while getting burned the whole game.

And to those wanting richard Sherman back...good lord you have to be joking! Cancer to a team, and he can't stay healthy and he can't cover. What are some people watching on sundays that make them believe he would be a good addition?

Dunbar wasn't a good fit here and maybe he will fit better in the Lions D. I ABSOLUTELY agree with you on Sherman. People keep saying Sherman will bring the swag back, I say STFU we don't need a loud mouth cancer on this team. I don't like Sherman and I never have. That dude is sooooo arrogant and act's like he's the king at the CB position.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawks85":2rc387l5 said:
[instagram][/instagram]
hangumhi":2rc387l5 said:

Dunbar wasn't a good fit here and maybe he will fit better in the Lions D. I ABSOLUTELY agree with you on Sherman. People keep saying Sherman will bring the swag back, I say STFU we don't need a loud mouth cancer on this team. I don't like Sherman and I never have. That dude is sooooo arrogant and act's like he's the king at the CB position.

He was, but everyone has to give up a crown sooner or later.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
hangumhi":2ce3v66u said:

That's crap. What leads you to believe he can't cover? Dude gave up 87 yards last year over 210 coverage snaps, and was one of the best corners in the league in 2019... and every year before that. That not good enough for you? Rather have Tre Flowers starting because he's a nice guy?

Talk about the "cancer" thing all you want, but he's been anything but a cancer as he's matured.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Dunbar = good riddance.

I'd welcome Sherman back. It would be a very different dynamic than his last season here.

If we chose a couple DBs in the upcoming drafts (if we can scrounge up more picks) Sherman showed in SF that he is a willing and capable mentor to young DBs. I believe whatever the dynamic or issue with Sherman and Wilson was is long evaporated; not even a factor.

How much does Sherman have left in the tank? I'd guess a couple years as an NFL-level corner.

How much would we have to pay Sherman, and would he be worth it vs cap cost? John and Pete's decision, I'll defer to them.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":364h2vgi said:
Sherm has gotta be here next season. It just makes too much sense. Get him in here as a stopgap, he already has a rapport with Witherspoon and will generate some desperately needed hype.
I really hope so too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk