Enthusiasm

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A decisive game that wasn’t as close as the score was.
Offense for the most part was like a well oiled machine. They look loaded.
Only gripe is the series where they were forcing it to Homer.

Also liked the uptempo at times. Hopefully they do more of what they did today.
Russ was beasting today hopefully he has more say in the offense.
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Any road win in the NFL is a Good Win.

I've posted previously that our O-Line is going to be much better this year than people expect. Didn't 100% show it this game, but overall got the job done, with way more road points than we usually score. Plus we have decent depth everywhere but LT. I was a little surprised we didn't run straight at Atlanta more, with our power running game, but can't argue with the results.

Jamal Adams was everything that was advertised and more. What a nice upgrade!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The glass is overflowing. With 2 more games for the offensive line to gel before facing a truly good D-Line, I'm happy

rjdriver

Reaction score
Considering how we typically play in week one, this is fantastic.

Bottom line is this..

We got a 10AM start long distance road game out of the way and we walk away with a convincing win against a team that finished 7-1 with a MVP caliber QB that added a stud running back.

I think the lack of enthusiasm is because it kind of "didn't feel real" without the pre season build up and lack of fans. I think the enthusiasm will continue to build as the season progresses, but make no mistake, this was a beautiful convincing win.

OP
OP
KiwiHawk

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":tevgxda0 said:
KiwiHawk":tevgxda0 said:
bmorepunk":tevgxda0 said:
I don't know how many people are in the same boat as me, but it's not the same. Everything has been weird and screwed up for six months now. It's still kind of fun to watch but with no fans and the possibility the season will get really screwed up later on, it's just off.

I also don't like what I'm seeing with the defense overall with this game. Adams is a beast and there is certainly a lot of good things going on, but this team yet again gave up nearly 25+ points average like they did consistently last season . It's easy to get spun up about the big passing game output today or the two TDs scored in the first quarter (which hasn't happened since season before last), but this team gave up less than 20 points twice last year.
The present looks bad and the future has the potential to be downright catastrophic, but today, in this moment, something went right. And that much is worth celebrating.

And then the 49ers lost, and that is also worth celebrating.

I know things are tough, but you have to take the small victories when you get them, and today was a good day.

Present bad and the future catastrophic???

What are you referring to? Hawks looked great today
The non-football world around us. If you haven't noticed, 2020 started with the death of Neil Peart and went downhill from there.

Edit: Further evidence of 2020 going to hell in a hand basket - the Rams' new jerseys.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Shock is the better word.

We went from bottom 5 defense to what looks like a top 5, certainly top 10.

(Can you imagine what this D would look like with Clowney coming from one side and Adams the other? ....)

Going to need an Adams jersey.

He might be the 2nd best and 2nd most important player on this team.

The scary part is the defense will get better. Much better. Offenses are way ahead of defenses right now.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Vegas had us way down
Too smoky here to be happy about anything

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We faced a DL about as paper-thin as ours. So I'm happy but reserving long-term prognostications.

We also have yet to see whether Pete sticks to his guns regarding Let Pete Cook. He's done this before - come out pass-first guns firing and nab a solid win only to revert right back to his run-run-have-Russ-hold-the-ball-for-a-month tendencies the very next week and drop a perfectly winnable game. (5-3 Bucs in 2016, anyone?)

evergreen

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2i3m8vvy said:
KiwiHawk":2i3m8vvy said:
Where is the enthusiasm around here?
1. COVID
2. Politics

Many people I know are just tired of it all and football just is way down on their list of important things right now. But the bandwagonners will be here once we are firmly leading the NFC.

Your 1 and 2. That and the west is on fire or smothered in smoke. All the more to enjoy something that doesn't suck!

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Pete rolls with it for now, but he will have a quick hook I think if we have a situation that goes sideways, he is conservative in some ways and this is one of them.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The lack of enthusiasm is partly due to the chicken licken fans who predicted doom and gloom being wrong (at least for this game). They would rather make up the narrative that we were lucky than admit we have a good team and that the coaching team and fron office might know more than they do. Amateur fans with their tinpot blogs and podcasts. You know who you are.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37xljyte said:
We faced a DL about as paper-thin as ours. So I'm happy but reserving long-term prognostications.

Agree with reserving prognostications but Grady Jarrett is better than all our DL combined. He's Aaron Donals Lite. The type of player that gives us fits. So I'm please he only got to Russ a couple times.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Only on dot negative are some people still not happy with a 13 point road win. Oh well, I'm stoked for the season and watching this team get better as the season goes on. Shoot, so many of their yards were during garbage time, meh.
And did anyone else actually think that Adams looks even BETTER than advertised? That guy is ridiculous.

kf3339

Reaction score
It was a very good win! Lets just appreciate that for a day or two.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was ridiculous yesterday. Focused, throwing lasers and he looked a little faster on his long run. Go ahead, call me a Russ lover, I don't care. I do, and he was on point :irishdrinkers:

Boycie

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":17hctp62 said:
The lack of enthusiasm is partly due to the chicken licken fans who predicted doom and gloom being wrong (at least for this game). They would rather make up the narrative that we were lucky than admit we have a good team and that the coaching team and fron office might know more than they do. Amateur fans with their tinpot blogs and podcasts. You know who you are.

Shots fired in the direction that I love! Well done!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Here's to hoping we get "lucky" a lot more. And win ugly. And WINS get downplayed. I can't fathom not being stoked after a 13 point win on the road, but fan how you want. There's plenty of reason to be stoked about this team and what they can do this season. And it's 2020, how many of us even thought they would start on time?
NOT a potshot, just joking around...……..

SE174

Reaction score
2020 season excitement is up tenfold after that game. OL and DL have a long ways to go, but if Wilson and Weapons play like that, and the defense brings those hits, turnovers and swag, Hawks are gonna win a lot of games this year, in spite of the weak pass pro and minimal pressure outside of blitzing Adams.