EPL 2014-15 Season

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":39q8mx18 said:
NJSeaHawk":39q8mx18 said:
Uncle Si":39q8mx18 said:
peachesenregalia":39q8mx18 said:
Alright, that's enough, NJ. Macca is a legend.

let's be honest, NJ's legends start with Drogba and end with Hazard...

1.Zola
2.Drogba

Hazard is great but he takes too many dives.

I got into English football late..I won't lie. But I came up watching South American football as a wee tyke. I've been around the ole pitch once or thrice.

You don't have to prove your fandom on here... ignore Seabh.. he's a crotchety old fart.

But leave the Liverpool legends alone.. it's all we have at the moment

Don't be hard on yourself, mate. You've got Balotelli.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Atleast we won't be mired in the Europa next season. Blessings...

Good luck with that Spur...

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":hvl3j6rl said:

You'll probably get in through fair play.

Seabhac

Reaction score
By far the most creative thing seen by Chelsea this season!!!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":r05ggna2 said:
Uncle Si":r05ggna2 said:

You'll probably get in through fair play.

Honestly nothing would surprise me

Seabhac

Reaction score
Messing aside - Couple of questions for the Liverpool boys.

Do you thing Rogers deserves another year?
Is he right to blame his players for poor results?
When he says no other manager could do better, does he mean under the constraints of FSG ownership?
Do you think FSG is making it hard for your managers to succeed?
Will any other decent manager want to come to Liverpool if FSG don't change their ways?

I applaud the Liverpool fans for Boycotting the Hull game last night. The madness has to top out soon, otherwise the game will lose its soul completely.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":vgimi3eo said:
Messing aside - Couple of questions for the Liverpool boys.

Do you thing Rogers deserves another year?
Is he right to blame his players for poor results?
When he says no other manager could do better, does he mean under the constraints of FSG ownership?
Do you think FSG is making it hard for your managers to succeed?
Will any other decent manager want to come to Liverpool if FSG don't change their ways?

I applaud the Liverpool fans for Boycotting the Hull game last night. The madness has to top out soon, otherwise the game will lose its soul completely.

If this was not Liverpool (if it was say West Ham, or even Spurs) then Rodgers would deserve another year. However, I think he should be replaced, and here is why:

1. The team has lost faith in his managerial decisions. That is huge, considering many of them were brought in by him. When players who have been afforded the opportunities that these men have been stop playing for the coach who gave it to them, there is something broken. Rodgers can criticize his players. That is fine to do and many coaches in all sports do it. But you have to stand up take responsibility yourself first.

"I did not have my players prepared and it showed. WE lacked this or that or whatever. That's on me."

or

"Players a, b and c really let me down tonight"

If you are players a, b and c, who would you rather work for?

Poor results are a product of players and manager. One or the other is never fully responsible. Rodgers does a wonderful job of moving blame. He is trying to save his job, which is why he should lose it. Your job is to manage Liverpool to success. Your job is not to keep your job.

2. Rodgers continuous tinkering with the system has good players struggling to find their place. Some of these are his new signings. And while an argument can be made that it has helped the club, it has not helped players like Can, Markovic, Lallana and Lovren settle.

3. He has made some poor personnel decisions, including isolating players like Lovren and Sahko, and of course Gerrard.

4. He talks too much. Way too much. If you're going to run your mouth, be funny or interesting or controversial. Don't be daft, deflective and evasive.

5. FSG is not the problem, and he is full of sh-- for laying it anyone's feet but his own. He is pushing blame elsewhere instead of taking it on his shoulders. He is showing a lack of accountability and leadership.

FSG has afforded him massive swaths of cash and freedom to bring in many players of his own choosing. I am sure they have squashed some player requests. But this not FSGs problem but his. You can't make mistakes on high money players then criticize ownership for not giving you more money to buy more players to make up for the ones you failed on. FSG is a winner. They will (and do) spend. The Red Sox are a prime example.

Seabhac

Reaction score
I agree with everything you are saying.

Liverpool are at a crossroads now - The clubs biggest asset is its tradition and fanbase and the refusal to believe that they are anything less than one of the most elite clubs in the world.. The fans who grew up on success are getting older and even the days of Macca/Fowler/McAteer/Gerrard are looking like the "good old Days" now. What happens if 10 more years go by without a title? No-one - not the owners, the manager , the players should take for granted that this massive fanbase will keep faith.

I always think of Leeds when I think of how hard an elite top flight club can fall. (I hate Leeds - but I miss them).

And as much as I hate to say it, I want Liverpool to (eventually) win the League again. Your fans are among the best in the World and they deserve it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":20ouequv said:
I agree with everything you are saying.

Liverpool are at a crossroads now - The clubs biggest asset is its tradition and fanbase and the refusal to believe that they are anything less than one of the most elite clubs in the world.. The fans who grew up on success are getting older and even the days of Macca/Fowler/McAteer/Gerrard are looking like the "good old Days" now. What happens if 10 more years go by without a title? No-one - not the owners, the manager , the players should take for granted that this massive fanbase will keep faith.

I always think of Leeds when I think of how hard an elite top flight club can fall. (I hate Leeds - but I miss them).

And as much as I hate to say it, I want Liverpool to (eventually) win the League again. Your fans are among the best in the World and they deserve it.

The Leeds disaster is only relevant in that the two teams once were winning lots of titles.

But Liverpool is both financially and competitively strong. They won't be relegated to the lower leagues either because of finances or competitive play.

However, they run the risk of being "relegated" to a persistent mid-table club, even if competitive. Clubs like Spurs, Newcastle, or even Everton come to mind. Always plying for top 6, maybe making a run at top 4 if the right player comes along, but usually settling in behind the usual top 4.

Liverpool will survive just fine there, but I'm sure the ambitions need to be more. The tradition of the club is too deep to allow it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seabhac":16v5tuah said:
NJSeaHawk":16v5tuah said:
peachesenregalia":16v5tuah said:
Alright, that's enough, NJ. Macca is a legend.

Peaches I guess you like him. According to what I read, it's pretty much love or hate him...huh? The way he left and all of that? That goal against celtic was class, I'll give him that.

Anywhoo, all of this was really directed at seabhac, who does a supreme job of talking shit when his team has a result, but squirms away when they lose, which has been alot lately. So in the spirit of good sportsmanship, here's to Pool and Arsenal leaping the boys from Manchester! :thirishdrinkers:

I don't know what you are talking about...

But as the song goes "Where were you when you were shit!"

I believe I had fugged off to support the Cosmos. Sharpish. :16:

I've been through Chelsea's customary November plummet and Mora with the Seahawks.

And after five fruitless facades of futility, fabulous fun has finally fabricated.

Now stop carrying on, or I shall be forced to use my Yardie accent and give you a verbal thrashing.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Sure got a scare yesterday, btw. The boys looked flatter than a pancake. Thank God for half time adjustments. Mou whipped them into shape, if that was closer to the end, I don't know if mentally we could get back in it. Leicester deserved that first goal, they were the better team for the first half. Should be an interesting weekend for all!

Seabhac

Reaction score
Based on the last 3 results - United don't deserve to be in Europe next year.

Latest posts