EPL 2014-15 Season

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":14s95rzt said:
Seabhac":14s95rzt said:
There's more to this than meets the eye...There's no way a non-dysfunctional club would allow themselves to be hit for six on last game of one of their legends. I actually feel sorry for Gerrard - Not a great sendoff for a guy who gave everything to his club.

I reckon Rogers is seen by the players as having no authority and is just not respected. This is their way of insuring he is replaced. The Fox TV series showed him as a bit of a wanker and certainly if I was Stirling I would never forgive him for showing me up in front of millions of people.

If there is some major dysfunction going on then FSG may need to have a massive clearout . FSG may need to fire themselves . Maybe they're tinkering too much.

When Gerrard finally arrives in LA in August he may shed some light on it.

We all love having a laugh at Liverpools expense...but it's at the point where it's not that funny anymore. The club's in trouble. They deserve better than this and they only have a few opportunities to right the ship.

Can't disagree with any of this. Rodgers has definitely lost the dressing room, and if FSG can't see that, then the club's in real trouble. Stoke should never ever score six against us. Never. I agree, it looked like the players had decided to just pack it in. Skysports reports that FSG are not even thinking about sacking Rodgers, but holy shit - Klopp is available and has a pedigree. Get him in yesterday, and let Sterling go. I agree Sterling has reason for his beef, but the player is obviously unhappy here, sell him for 40 mil and have done with it.

The way Real, Bayern, or Barca have been paying...they may pick up Sterling on principle. Real is shipping Chicarrito back to Man U too..But with Real dropping Ancelotti today (the ink isn't even dry on the newspapers with Real's win yesterday) Pretty sure that's where Kop ends up now. I gotta think Klopp was gunning for Pool and Pool for Klopp. Now, Madrid needs a coach?

Supposedly, ESPN is saying Rodgers is OK too.
http://www.espnfc.us/liverpool/stor...-job-at-liverpool-still-safe-after-stoke-loss

Sidenote, Drogba is coming to the MLS too...I hope the Sounders get him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I feel for Rodgers...but the last month has to be thr nail. Despite glowing reports from both Gerrard and Suarez the team stopped playing. I suspect maybe Rodgers is quite hard on the players who he doesnt wholly trust. With those two leaders gone the players seemed to send a clear message of disenchantment.

Let's just hope the message was received..its important to note that FSG are American sports investors. They do their business much differently than what European football is used to. Quieter.

Seabhac

Reaction score
The only good news out of todays FA Cup Final is that Jack Grealish had a howler and is probably in play again for Ireland. He also didn't sing GSTQ (am I clutching at straws?)

COYBIG

Seabhac

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/tokyo_sexwhale/status/604715330146062336[/tweet]

RApollos

Reaction score
Not bad for a club that sold the majority of their squad before the season.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/604714229481021441[/tweet]

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Yep, well done Koeman and Southampton.

I'm glad the season is over, although admittedly I didn't watch many games from about February onwards. I feel the season went pretty much as expected for Spurs, although there were some surprises, namely the surprise rise of Kane, the form of Rose and how promising Bentaleb looks like he could be, as well the absolutely shocking defense, despite having one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

I thought Pochettino did fairly well, especially given that he made a strong statement about what he thought of the squad by only using about 15 players for the entire last half, making it crystal clear about what he sees in the future for the likes of Adebayor, Soldado, Kaboul, Capoue, Fazio, Paulinho and a few others.

We need a big offseason. There will be a few youth players who will probably get a look. According to those who pay attention to the youth set up, Kyle Walker-Peters looks great at right back (a lot better than Yedlin), Valjkovic is a promising CB/DM. There will also need to be a few more players bought. We've bought a couple of defenders already. I see several improvements that should be quite easy to make. We need better defenders, particularly at right back and in the centre. I like Dier, but Vertonghen has been frustrating. We need wingers and someone to improve upon Ryan Mason in the centre mid. My biggest frustration was the inability, or perhaps unwillingness, to get the ball into and moving in and around in the box. Modric must be sick of life in Madrid and be pining for a return to sunny Tottenham, no?
We'll probably need a new keeper too. Hopefully Baldini is done, because he is effing crap.

I'll leave this, perhaps more accurate, summary of the season here. It's well worth a watch, especially for Harry's guiter solo and even the bit right at the end, given the nature of the message board we are on and how much both NFL and Spurs fans will hate it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L8xcG7KcFw

(edited loads of times due to being inept at embedding youtube)

Seabhac

Reaction score
Go on....admit it...this is awesome!

[youtube]YuzgyQKLB5o[/youtube]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1gc8e3k4 said:
Fermino for 21.5 mil? Aye, alright then. Mancs wanted him pretty badly, now they claim they weren't interested. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Firmino is a nice, solid signing by the club. Shows some intent. Young, talented and can fill a couple needs.

Still much to do..

Hear Clyne and Kovacic are next, with possibly Bacca/Rondon and Kono. Maybe Illaramendi.

Even one would be beneficial. Two would put us challenging for top 4. All would make us title contenders.

Still have to make room. Sterling is gone (and good riddance). Have to figure Joe Allen will go as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Clyne in...Good signing, great replacement for Glen Johnson.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":174bbg5g said:
Clyne is a great signing. Sadly, it looks like we're getting Benteke in. I mean, he can score, but I just don't think he;s going to fit in here. Another Andy Carroll. He's not going to compiment Studge or Origi, he's not going to work in with FirCouts....I just don't know. I would rather see us just throw stupid money at Lacazette. Like $30mil and like 150k a week wages. Oh well.

Still need to go after Kono on a free, amazed that deal isn't done yet.

I think Kono will happen. I'm not sure Benteke will, to be honest. If he does though, he is still a much better player than Carrol was. He's more adept with the ball at his feet, scoring most of his goals there (instead of lumbering into the box waiting for crosses ala Carrol.). He may compliment Sturidge/Origi if they play a 4 diamond 2 and let the more nimble forwards play off him.

For me though, the same formation can be played with Firmino up top, which is why I'm not sold on the Benteke interest. If/when Sterling goes, Kono can be your wide player (or Milner, if Kova is brought in). I think Rodgers wants a striker with more pace and play off the ball. While Benteke is no Balo or Carrol, he's no Sturridge or Suarez (like) player either.

Interesting times ahead/

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Pretty good business by Liverpool so far. No marquee signings yet (you could argue Firmino) but it has me decently excited for 15/16 aside from the first seven away fixtures who were picked by satan.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":2mowh6mi said:
Oh, also in my hiatus I did catch a match at Anfield in April. 2-0 over Newcastle!

Nice!

I honestly can't even recall that game, so stuck in my mind are the United-Arsenal-Stoke disasters.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":25gvyior said:
InSuarezWeTrust":25gvyior said:
Oh, also in my hiatus I did catch a match at Anfield in April. 2-0 over Newcastle!

Nice!

I honestly can't even recall that game, so stuck in my mind are the United-Arsenal-Stoke disasters.

For the record....those were 3 of the 7 Liverpool games I watched this year.