EPL 2014-15 Season

London12

Reaction score
So United are playing at Clink on July 17th. My favourite football team at my favourite football team's stadium.

..I thought it was cool anyway.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
London12":1n0u7wm1 said:
So United are playing at Clink on July 17th. My favourite football team at my favourite football team's stadium.

They were there a couple years ago as well. Are they playing Sounders or international friendly?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2lqk1rzg said:
London12":2lqk1rzg said:

They were there a couple years ago as well. Are they playing Sounders or international friendly?

Club America

2015 Club America v ManU

Should be an interesting match at least, contrasting leagues and styles. Although international friendlies are always a crap shoot, depending on who actually plays. Seattle is Man U's first stop on their North American tour, so not sure if that means more A team starters play, or less?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":yofli3lw said:
Sgt. Largent":yofli3lw said:
Uncle Si":yofli3lw said:
London12":yofli3lw said:

Club America

2015 Club America v ManU

Should be an interesting match at least, contrasting leagues and styles. Although international friendlies are always a crap shoot, depending on who actually plays. Seattle is Man U's first stop on their North American tour, so not sure if that means more A team starters play, or less?

It doesn't mean anything. Literally, all these preseason tours mean to PL teams is a big money-grab. Means less than nothing.

Pretty much. Caught a few games when they came to Yankee Stadium. Meh experience.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Who took the jelly out of your donuts, boys?

I'm not saying i'd give up a digit to catch a Liverpool pre-season match, but I'd sure as hell make every effort to see it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":130wg6za said:
Mate, I remember going to Belfast with my Dad to see Liverpool play Linfield in a preseason friendly during Robbie Fowler's heyday. It was shite.

May be you've just seen your club in more important matches.

Ive seen them once.

They could kick a water balloon around an abandoned pool in Detroit.. in January. I'd try and make it.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":a2qxia9c said:
peachesenregalia":a2qxia9c said:
Mate, I remember going to Belfast with my Dad to see Liverpool play Linfield in a preseason friendly during Robbie Fowler's heyday. It was shite.

May be you've just seen your club in more important matches.

Ive seen them once.

They could kick a water balloon around an abandoned pool in Detroit.. in January. I'd try and make it.

As much as I am pissed at how much they're charging - I will go see United next week. But honestly I will be more revved up for Sounders Colorado the night after.

Every time United are in Seattle the atmosphere around Pioneer Square and the Stadium is electric - particularly when they played Celtic.

Peaches - Liverpool V Linfield? So who were you supporting?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3igv87v7 said:
It doesn't mean anything. Literally, all these preseason tours mean to PL teams is a big money-grab. Means less than nothing.

It's like a band, for someone that's seen that band 20 times it's probably not a big deal when that band comes to town............as much as it means for someone who's never seen them.

I saw Man U whoop the shit out of the Sounders in 2011, so I'm good. But I'd imagine for a big Man U in the NW that's never seen them play live, it's very exciting. Even if many of the main players aren't playing, and it's a boring friendly.

Same goes for Club America fans.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Stirling - now on Ebay

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ96/status/619204738354159617[/tweet]

Seabhac

Reaction score
Bangor Derby!

Think IFA and FAI will ever see eye to eye? I watched a documentary a while back about the animosity they have had since day 1 - A shame that they can't follow the IRFU model.

If you would have told me 25 years ago that Professional Rugby Clubs in the country would be not only dominating Irish sport, but dominating Europe - I would have told you lay off the crack pipe. Yet here we are # 2 in the World with a chance of winning the RWC.

Our Island is so shit at football despite great players coming through.
Damien Duff did sign for Shamrock Rovers - fair play to him....but for the most part Irish Footballers would sooner not play than end their careers in the LOI.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Its an RTE Doc called Green is the Color...

[youtube]EUvdg7FoQLA[/youtube]

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seabhac":3cpdd39y said:
NJSeaHawk":3cpdd39y said:
Seabhac, all I am saying is..dont let Schweini take any critical PKs for ya :)

You mean like John Terry?

rowing_3059182c.jpg

Seabhac

Reaction score
Seabhac":2r7j4ynj said:
Schweinsteiger In
De Gea staying

Today is a good day...

....and Matteo Darmian from Turin also now confirmed

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ob2oe7ng said:
Wouldn't be so confident in De Gea staying. Still a lot of window to go.

Schwein is a good signing for united, a needed one, HOWEVER. He is on the wrong side of 30 (31 in a few weeks time), has a bit of injury history, and may not hold up to the rigors of the PL. Remember Hargreaves? Could be another one of them. Id say the more likely scenario is that Schwein anchors the midfield for United and improves their defense. He may miss some games here and there, but we'll see.

United need to get in a couple of strikers though. Rooney's best long since past, RVP is gone and Chicharito is injured now. Depay looks quality, but the dutch leage is NOT a good barometer anymore, not like when Van Nistlerooy was knocking about.

Still a couple of good years in him.

Looks like Real are signing Kiko Castilla from Espanyol which would knock the De Gea transfer on the head.
Real don't want to do deals where anybody but them benefits - they want De Gea for cheap but won't deal on make weights. So f**k them. Wait another year.

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3504krb9 said:
Still looks like a move for De Gea is on the cards, Seabh.

49 mil from City for Sterling? Aye, alright. Get Kono in on a free and throw 40 mil at Lacazette, offer him something stupid like 150k a week and see if it sticks. If not, Pedro should be available from Barca, and I guess we just have to roll with Studge, Origi, Ings and I guess Firminho up top?

There's a rumor of a swap deal with Fiorentina which would see Balo going to them and Gomez coming to us. Not sure about that one.

Yep - its transfer season alright. United now want Ramos and Navas for De Gea.
Stirling looks to be gone to city - I always thought him overated - you'll be a better team without him. He can throw his tantrums over at City - he will be in good company.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Konolyanka is at Seville. that ship has sailed.

I'm fine losing Sterling. I think its one of those deals that will work well for both clubs. City get their young English talent. Liverpool get a really nice fee.

What's next is very important for Liverpool. They've lost one of their best young players, and their captain. They've had a solid yet unspectacular window thus far. now they have a chance to show some real intent.