FFS Russ is awful

IndyHawk

Reaction score
keasley45":1wp44yeq said:
John63":1wp44yeq said:
warden":1wp44yeq said:
Once a running, Scrambling QB wants to be a pocket passer, his level of play goes into the crapper. Russ is no pocket passer, never has been, never will be. Can’t do the three step quick release drop, barely can to the five step quick release drop. Not strong a the short routes. The fear factor the defenses had of him pulling the ball down and running are gone.

and yet the facts and stats show otherwise as he has done all those things. As to the fear factor really hmm is that why teams always have a spy on him anyway because they are not worried about him running. You should go to the forums of the teams we face the #1 thing they say is they go to stop Wilson from running.

Show us the facts that he was ever adept at reading a defense then. Find something tangible to explain the stats that he rarely uses the middle of the field, or that he doesn't utilize screens (but miraculously, our perennial backup could). Not stats that he built off the deep ball. Put it out there. Because I can go back a few years and show you the same BS missed reads thatbhave nothing to do with the playcall or protection in 2018 as he's putting out this year. And in 2016.

Jesus. Do you not Remember the two championship games we were with Russ? He was the reason we needed to come back in the 4th qtr against GB and for 30 crap passes and 4 picks, he had a hail Mary for a 2pt conversion that was a botched cover by the GB defender, and a TD on what kind of play? A play action pass deep. Here's a Stat- 14 for 29 and 4 ints.

And that superbowl.. on that last play, do you think if Erin has that read and decides to throw it anyway (catch and throw Russ, btw... feeds the quick release stats and good pocket passer myth) do you think he throws it high and inside where the DB has a chance at it or low and at the wrs body, hmmm?

We got to that superbowl on lynch's back, defense and a special teams TD and Onside kick recovered.

The championship game against the niners??? Not a stink fest like GB but hardly Russ carrying us. Again, we were behind in part because of ineffective passing and a fumble by him to start the game. His crowning achievement that night? A 4th down TD pass on what? Play action.

Defense and special teams provided the dude half the myth he currently veils himself in. And so its fitting that now his own stubborn resistance to handing the ball off is whats exposing him.

No world class defense, refusal to run the ball, no more HOF Russel Wilson

You know who else had perennially great stats? Andy Dalton. So did Tony Romo. And had either had the running game and defense we had early in Pete's tenure, they'd likely have won a championship as well, and maybe have made a better throw in our 2nd one.

Romo left because of injury. Dalton is still pedaling his once upon a time claim to being great and convincing people of it.

See each of those examples to find the road Wilson will follow next.

I love what Russ has done for this franchise. He's been part of giving us 20 years of highlights in the 10 years he's played. But he's only been PART of that story and the teams struggles that saw him needing to make a handful of great play came in no small part because he missed countless easy ones.

Our defense was aptly named the Legion of Boom back then.
Our offense then and now could just as aptly be called Boom or Bust.

If the big plays aren't there, there are few others. And the reason for that had been proven. Not opinion.
This guy gets it..I tried to reason with them years ago,I cannot believe they still are blind. :177692:

K

K.J WRIGHT

Russ has checked out...he no longer wants to be here! Get what you can out of him now. He needs his arse benched is what he needs!!!

hawks85

Reaction score
warden":38ulhwzx said:
Once a running, Scrambling QB wants to be a pocket passer, his level of play goes into the crapper. Russ is no pocket passer, never has been, never will be. Can’t do the three step quick release drop, barely can to the five step quick release drop. Not strong a the short routes. The fear factor the defenses had of him pulling the ball down and running are gone.

FINALLY!!!!! Someone who thinks like me. Wilson is a backyard QB with bad foot speed and can't read or pick a defense apart.

evergreen

Reaction score
How can anyone watch these games and still think he’s great? How can you dig up a stat of 6.2 yds per carry to pretend he’s a threat to run? It’s mystifying. Do these people watch football? If he’s so awesome why does our offense suck so hard? We’re losing trade value. Pull him for the rest of the season.

hawks85

Reaction score
John63":1fs1joff said:
warden":1fs1joff said:

and yet the facts and stats show otherwise as he has done all those things. As to the fear factor really hmm is that why teams always have a spy on him anyway because they are not worried about him running. You should go to the forums of the teams we face the #1 thing they say is they go to stop Wilson from running.

Name me one game where Wilson constructed an actual drive drove the team down the field pick the defense apart stayed in the pocket and not throw a pass over 20 yards and score a TD like Montana did in SB23. Name me on F'ing game.

KinesProf

Reaction score
hawks85":1yaqid35 said:
John63":1yaqid35 said:
warden":1yaqid35 said:

Name me one game where Wilson constructed an actual drive drove the team down the field pick the defense apart stayed in the pocket and not throw a pass over 20 yards and score a TD like Montana did in SB23. Name me on F'ing game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1prCdOOrI

I could be forgetting something, but this game winning drive against the Vikings last season feels like the last time he was truly great.

It doesn't quite fit your very narrow and specific criteria though. But hopefully the elite player from that drive still exists somewhere inside of him, given that it was only one year ago.

John63

Reaction score
KinesProf":uu5035g8 said:
hawks85":uu5035g8 said:
John63":uu5035g8 said:
warden":uu5035g8 said:

I could be forgetting something, but this game winning drive against the Vikings last season feels like the last time he was truly great.

It doesn't quite fit your very narrow and specific criteria though. But hopefully the elite player from that drive still exists somewhere inside of him, given that it was only one year ago.

“It’s the best we’ve looked in some time,” Carroll said of the pass protection, saying it “was so solid that you saw Russell in command of the rhythm.”
"“Russell’s always been able to kill you when he when he sits in the pocket and he has time and he has space. We’ve not been as good protection-wise over the years as we would like – he’s had to move more purposefully. Now he really can kind of do it when he as he needs to, and hopefully we can keep growing and stay consistent and keep that working." Seems PC thinks Wilson is great In the pocket.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":2sua171t said:
KinesProf":2sua171t said:
hawks85":2sua171t said:
John63":2sua171t said:

“It’s the best we’ve looked in some time,” Carroll said of the pass protection, saying it “was so solid that you saw Russell in command of the rhythm.”
"“Russell’s always been able to kill you when he when he sits in the pocket and he has time and he has space. We’ve not been as good protection-wise over the years as we would like – he’s had to move more purposefully. Now he really can kind of do it when he as he needs to, and hopefully we can keep growing and stay consistent and keep that working." Seems PC thinks Wilson is great In the pocket.

But Pete sold his soul to Russ years ago, he has to defend Russ to justify his decision to sell. Pete is the second most avid defender of Russ, next to a fella called John63.