For those who know more than me....

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
What happens if Darrell Taylor does not get activated to the roster? Is there any kind of extension to his rookie deal, or do we just lose a year of having him locked up?

It would suck for him to turn into a monster and command a massive contract as great pass rushers do, and only get get to keep him for 3 years.

W

Welshers

I don't believe there is any kind of extension possible. But at this point the far more pressing worry is if he will ever even see an NFL field. He had a very serious surgery that involving a rod getting put in his leg and is now seeking outside evaluation about his injury. He left the team and the city to see some new doctors this week.

OP
OP
H

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
Do you honestly think that could be a concern? Sounded like he was close to being back this year but I figured it was just to late for him to contribute as a rookie and that was more the reason we may not see him this year. That would really suck, looking over his tape he has potential to be great. Would suck if he never got a chance to live up to it.

W

Welshers

Hawkfandrew":2g6b73x6 said:
Do you honestly think that could be a concern? Sounded like he was close to being back this year but I figured it was just to late for him to contribute as a rookie and that was more the reason we may not see him this year. That would really suck, looking over his tape he has potential to be great. Would suck if he never got a chance to live up to it.
Yes, I do, unfortunately. The timetable for his return has moved back and back. He was supposed to only be "a few weeks" away in August. Like I said he just left the city to consult new doctors. To quote someone from the Seattle Times about him leaving: "This is worrisome. Not since Malik McDowell has a player left the confines of the VMAC to get an evaluation other than the one given by the team's doctors. This basically means that for whatever reason the team physicians most likely decided that Taylor was done for the season and/or forever (hope not). This has dire ramifications to say the least."

Basis4day

Reaction score
He’s on NFI. He’s not accruing seasons on his contract right now.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Based on my son's football experience, they need to take that rod out.

Latest posts