Geno is MR. CLUTCH

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I think it's our 2 minute offense that's really good as well
The plays and style of no huddle or hurry up which they just never go to unless they are almost out of time are the best of waldron
Just wish they'd mix it in a little or go hurry once in a while if only for a bit just to change up the tempo
Seems to be effective against just about everyone so why not , well ask pete lol
Nice to see a slant to jsn today , but misdirection needs to be more a part of the plan
My 2 cents lol
Merry merry Christmas

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I think it's our 2 minute offense that's really good as well
The plays and style of no huddle or hurry up which they just never go to unless they are almost out of time are the best of waldron
Just wish they'd mix it in a little or go hurry once in a while if only for a bit just to change up the tempo
Seems to be effective against just about everyone so why not , well ask pete lol
Nice to see a slant to jsn today , but misdirection needs to be more a part of the plan
My 2 cents lol
Merry merry Christmas
That's true, especially considering Lock led a game winning drive as well. The Seahawks as a whole lead the league in game winning drives. Good point.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, Pete sucks, Geno sucks, Adams sucks, Diggs sucks, pick a name, etc., etc., etc.. Yeah they won today but
the team just barely wins when they win, this Pete ball sucks.

Thing is they are back into the playoffs, but of course to some that sucks too b/c they aren’t the 1 seed, and could get eliminated early. It’s just Pete Carroll mediocrity.

To me that refrain has become lame and is weak sauce. To teams like the Jets or name 8 to 10 others would like to have that consistent ‘mediocrity’ to build upon or even get to the postseason for once.

The Hawks are far from perfect but seem to be coming together at this critical time of the season any W is beautiful thing and especially one from an early away game.

Without a doubt they are becoming ‘the cardiac kids’with the late heroics.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Very similar to RW. Suck for 3 quarters then do just enough to win was real common back then.

PC is a common denominator. This is the type of games PC loves.

Coincidence?
Do just enough?

My friend winning in the NFL is hard. The other guys get paid too, and come to win. Any W is a beautiful thing.

You apparently are a guy that would complain with a 35 21 W where the final score was closer than earlier in the 4th Q.

Seattle won today, yep they won late but now are the 7th seed, and back in the conversation for postseason play.

I suppose that sucks too?

BobbySwagner

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that drew Lock had his helmet on right as Geno started to pick it up? Guy seemed to catch fire.
I’ve never noticed the backup qb with his helmet on without coming into the game?
You guys think it’s anything or just something irreverent?

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that drew Lock had his helmet on right as Geno started to pick it up? Guy seemed to catch fire.
I’ve never noticed the backup qb with his helmet on without coming into the game?
I did notice it but I think it was most likely Drew just listening in to the play calls and communicating with upstairs like backup QBs often do. Instead of wearing a headset he just threw his helmet on. IDK just speculation

LTH

Reaction score
In this 2023-24 season, Geno Smith LEADS THE NFL in game winning drives with less than 2:00 or in OT.

Despite everyone in here constantly saying he is a choker who is not clutch, he has actually been one of the very clutchest players in the NFL this year. Maybe even the clutchest. Facts say this, not me. This thread isn't just about today. It's about the narrative and Genos play overall. Plenty of people in this forum have said he literally doesn't have ONE game winning drive

Geno Game Winning Drives:

Lions: Led down for a FG to win, it was missed, so game winning TD drive in OT. This SHOULD count as two.

Browns: Game winning TD drive to end the game.

Commanders: Game winning drive with an FG on the final play

Rams*: Drove down the field for a winning FG after being out injured most the second half but we missed it, still very clutch.

Titans: Game winning TD drive to end the game

Talk all the shit you want but the fact is that Geno has led last second/OT game winning drives in 4 different games this year. 5 if you count him leading the team into scoring position vs Rams or winning the game twice vs Lions.

"mr choker" is the clutchest player in the league
Geno IS a good QB there is no doubt in my mind. I think they will win out, the question I have about Geno now is, can he win in the playoffs. I think it's a legitimate question.

LTH

Scout

Reaction score
Geno's current completion percentage is a bit lower than where he has been in recent times. But I think that if he starts to feel the flow of the game again he should be up an running.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Well shoot..

Hard to argue with math @Welshers2

I think the perpetual lack of success in the red zone this year, two losses against the Rams, and that high profile, multiple opportunity failed final drive against the Bengals led credence to the "feeling" like Geno wasn't getting it done.

Statistically though, he obviously is.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Geno is showing a new facet of his game this year which is nice. I just wish the team would play a more complete game and put lesser teams away.
"Lesser Teams" like the Titans are teams with NOTHING TO LOSE, they are still PRO'S, Respect is earned, Respect is due.
That was a tight game, and a GOOD showing by Geno Smith.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The key thing is they are very consistent at winning games late. This reveals a strength of team will as they do what the team needs in these key late drives.

Of course they don’t win them all but without a doubt they are hard to count out in final two minutes.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Very similar to RW. Suck for 3 quarters then do just enough to win was real common back then.

PC is a common denominator. This is the type of games PC loves.

Coincidence?
Only a complete imbecile would think any coach prefers to play games like that.
It's the NFL. You have to be able to and comfortable with winning close games. You almost never have a significant talent advantage. Sometimes you get a significant matchup advantage, but a clear talent advantage like SF is rare

stack55

Reaction score
He had head phones on most of the game.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Actually I did notice. I thought he was gonna come in for a sec.