Geno played an incredible game

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3bngbjsh said:
John63":3bngbjsh said:
chris98251":3bngbjsh said:
John63":3bngbjsh said:
yes, the eye test is what people use when they know they dont have the facts and stats on their side. but thanks

Take your Fantasy League stuff to a Fantasy league board will you.

Take your crap to the Qanon site.

I am honestly clueless as to how you get pass after pass for the constant political references in the main board. You've made this Q comment or some variation a few times now.

I don't like those people any more than you, but this is just inappropriate.

Simple to me Q is a bunch of made of crap that has no basis in reality much like a lot of your views here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I liked how quick Geno was going through his progressions and getting the ball out on time, with some accuracy. Not great accuracy, but good enough.

Having said this, we were already well on our way to taking the L before Russell went out, and well on our way to a disappointing season before Russell got hurt.

So I have ZERO faith that Geno can somehow elevate his game to the level it'd take to drag this team anywhere close to a playoff caliber team. That's just not going to happen, and it has nothing to do with Geno. It has to do with the fact that we've got the worst defense in the entire league, that's not improving. At all.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wxwv1r6 said:
I liked how quick Geno was going through his progressions and getting the ball out on time, with some accuracy. Not great accuracy, but good enough.

Having said this, we were already well on our way to taking the L before Russell went out, and well on our way to a disappointing season before Russell got hurt.

So I have ZERO faith that Geno can somehow elevate his game to the level it'd take to drag this team anywhere close to a playoff caliber team. That's just not going to happen, and it has nothing to do with Geno. It has to do with the fact that we've got the worst defense in the entire league, that's not improving. At all.

Completely agree! On either of our Super Bowl teams with Pete, I'd wager we could have won and even made playoffs with a guy like Geno potentially, but this defense! I could see us winning some we shouldn't this year, but I think 9-7 would be tough with a healthy RW this year!

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3laawg3y said:
Maelstrom787":3laawg3y said:
John63":3laawg3y said:
chris98251":3laawg3y said:

I am honestly clueless as to how you get pass after pass for the constant political references in the main board. You've made this Q comment or some variation a few times now.

Simple to me Q is a bunch of made of crap that has no basis in reality much like a lot of your views here.

This makes no sense as a reply to what I posted. None. I was not questioning the veracity of your analogy.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3j1u4y1t said:
John63":3j1u4y1t said:
Maelstrom787":3j1u4y1t said:
John63":3j1u4y1t said:

This makes no sense as a reply to what I posted. None. I was not questioning the veracity of your analogy.

simple I pointed out why I use it, the genesis of what Q is first many people on this board.

I will try it again

Q is about a bunch of people believing and spreading made-up crap with little to no basis in fact or reality. Much like people on this board. Example Wilson cant or doe snot throw short? Geno got the ball out quicker. Both are not based on fact and made up much like Q. ITs called an analogy

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":146edhkn said:
Maelstrom787":146edhkn said:
John63":146edhkn said:
Maelstrom787":146edhkn said:

simple I pointed out why I use it, the genesis of what Q is first many people on this board.

I will try it again

Q is about a bunch of people believing and spreading made-up crap with little to no basis in fact or reality. Much like people on this board. Example Wilson cant or doe snot throw short? Geno got the ball out quicker. Both are not based on fact and made up much like Q. ITs called an analogy

1. I know it's called an analogy. I called it an analogy in the post you're responding to.

2. For the second time, I was not questioning the veracity, validity, or logic behind your analogy. I'm not sure why you think restating it would do you any good.

All I'm saying is you make tons of political references on the main board, and I'm not sure why you're getting a pass for it.

I am continually flabbergasted by your complete and utter inability to craft an appropriate, on-topic response to any given post. It's like you're reading something entirely different altogether.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3k75bzgz said:
John63":3k75bzgz said:
chris98251":3k75bzgz said:
John63":3k75bzgz said:
yes, the eye test is what people use when they know they dont have the facts and stats on their side. but thanks

Because they only drive out people that post relevant information, maybe he clicks on all the ads and creates revenue..........

LTH

Reaction score
BamKam":16jx9cj6 said:
Some of you are so gung ho over Russell Wilson you can’t see the bigger picture. No one is saying Geno should start over Russell. What we are saying is that when Geno was in tonight the offense looked like and actual effecient offense. On some playground swoopty doop hero ball rely on 60 yard play touchdowns. Russ had a play where he held the ball for like 8 seconds and took a 15 yard sack and we blame the OL.

Yes I do think he would have been as effective... there is virtually no tape on him. But even so I think what we saw was a QB take command of an offense and work that offense the way it was designed.

jury is still out on how good Geno is I'll give you that at this point.

I think it is going to be interesting to see the difference between Geno and Russ for a lt of the reasons that Maelstrom787 is talking about...

its clear that Geno has a great arm. its clear that he understands the O... The question is is it fair to judge him NOW on his performance in the past before he was on the Seahawks?

I say it is not fair because he is in a system that might cater to his attributes... he has different coaching and has had a chance to mature, under Wilson, in an environment that caters to success.

Now what happens if he comes in and plays lights out? has anybody thought of that? Is that even possible? I guess we will find out soon enough..

There are going to be differences between Geno and Russ... So far like I said before, Geno has shown command of the Offense .... we might see if he has success, if Russ is depending on the Big play to much... that question could be answered here.. its definitely a question in my mind.

Now I'm not saying Geno is better than Russ and I'm Not even saying that Geno is going to have success by all indications right now it looks like he is going to fill the void nicely..

But what does Carroll do if Geno comes in and runs the table.. The next few games are very winnable and I think questions will be answered...

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":muylkg8m said:
But what does Carroll do if Geno comes in and runs the table.. The next few games are very winnable and I think questions will be answered...

LTH

You guys are focusing on the wrong side of the ball.

Geno can come in and play great, and he probably will look good with the talent around him. But this has nothing to do with how bad the defense is, and right now it's historically bad.

And honestly I don't see a way it gets better. Not with the defensive roster as it currently stands.

- two bottom 10 defensive backs
- D-line rotation of has beens and ineffective younger players (save for Taylor who flashes, but not enough)
- aging middle LB that is struggling something fierce in coverage
- strong safety that's soaking up 25% of defensive cap space who's a glorified weak side LB that can't cover or tackle.

Maybe we can win 2-3 games while Russell's out? But Russell's injury IMO didn't change the downward trajectory of this team. We were already on our way to a disappointing 3rd or 4th place in the NFC West season before Russell got hurt.

Geno Smith ain't changing that.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":imvafms1 said:
BamKam":imvafms1 said:
Some of you are so gung ho over Russell Wilson you can’t see the bigger picture. No one is saying Geno should start over Russell. What we are saying is that when Geno was in tonight the offense looked like and actual effecient offense. On some playground swoopty doop hero ball rely on 60 yard play touchdowns. Russ had a play where he held the ball for like 8 seconds and took a 15 yard sack and we blame the OL.

Yes I do think he would have been as effective... there is virtually no tape on him. But even so I think what we saw was a QB take command of an offense and work that offense the way it was designed.

I think it is going to be interesting to see the difference between Geno and Russ for a lt of the reasons that Maelstrom787 is talking about...

its clear that Geno has a great arm. its clear that he understands the O... The question is is it fair to judge him NOW on his performance in the past before he was on the Seahawks?

I say it is not fair because he is in a system that might cater to his attributes... he has different coaching and has had a chance to mature, under Wilson, in an environment that caters to success.

Now what happens if he comes in and plays lights out? has anybody thought of that? Is that even possible? I guess we will find out soon enough..

There are going to be differences between Geno and Russ... So far like I said before, Geno has shown command of the Offense .... we might see if he has success, if Russ is depending on the Big play to much... that question could be answered here.. its definitely a question in my mind.

Now I'm not saying Geno is better than Russ and I'm Not even saying that Geno is going to have success by all indications right now it looks like he is going to fill the void nicely..

LTH

and again the passing charts shown in this forum proves that is wrong Wilson is throwing as many short passes as Geno you just fail to acknowledge this FACT

LTH

Reaction score
John63":vguwsy2y said:
LTH":vguwsy2y said:
BamKam":vguwsy2y said:

LTH

and again the passing charts shown in this forum proves that is wrong Wilson is throwing as many short passes as Geno you just fail to acknowledge this FACT

Yes Wilson throws the check down...but and your charts are probably correct but they don't show does he throw the long ball when maybe he should be throwing the check down... situational football... is he trying to land the big play in a situation when he should be moving the chains because the big play isn' there.. we saw that ton's last year.. Is Wilson's ambition to be great clouding his judgement... This is a legit question and it could be answered by Geno...

LTH

notyou

Reaction score
John63":1455u95y said:
LTH":1455u95y said:
BamKam":1455u95y said:

LTH

He was throwing as many but with double the possessions. So Russ had a lot of 3 and outs.

John63

Reaction score
notyou":32a353q7 said:
John63":32a353q7 said:
LTH":32a353q7 said:
BamKam":32a353q7 said:

LTH

He was throwing as many but with double the possessions. So Russ had a lot of 3 and outs.

Not the point the statement was he was not throwing short or using the check down,

Oh and FYI

Geno
10/17, 131 yards, 7.7 ypa, 78 passer rating

Wilson
11/16, 152 yards, 9.5 ypa and 93.8 passer rating

So Geno threw 1 more pass than Wilson did and yet as the passing charts showed Wilson still threw as many or more short and check-down passes.

The biggest difference was the Rams played off more having a 2 score lead, against a defense that can't stop anyone and a backup QB.

But I get it the crew is out in full force ignoring facts so they can push the anti-Wilson agenda. Not saying you specifically just in general.

Example Wilson can't throw short the pass charts prove otherwise but they still push it anyway.

LTH

Reaction score
I never said Wilson can't throw the short pass. My issue with him is he tries so hard to be great and hit the big play when he should check down. sometimes the big play isn't open and forcing it isn't the way. moving the chains is..

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
It's where and when, short passes for little of no gain on the sideline mostly, then the Hero balls and drive stalls.

Geno intermediate and short passes and drives last longer and go up field, less three and outs using the whole field and not just sidelines. Mixes it up in and out and screens real screens not floaters to the RB giving the defense more time to adjust and corral.

But hey who cares what people see time and time again.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":5mfqtx2q said:
I never said Wilson can't throw the short pass. My issue with him is he tries so hard to be great and hit the big play when he should check down. sometimes the big play isn't open and forcing it isn't the way. moving the chains is..

LTH

I did not say you

I said "But I get it the crew is out in full force ignoring facts so they can push the anti-Wilson agenda. Not saying you specifically just in general.

Example Wilson can't throw short the pass charts prove otherwise but they still push it anyway."

I even said not saying you specifically

As to forcing it sometimes, you are right, sometimes as many have said you need to trust your WR.

You don't complete 70% of your passes throwing big plays all the time. It appears your issue is to you he does it too much. Perhaps he does, maybe he does not. That is an opinion.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":5ix69ref said:
It's where and when, short passes for little of no gain on the sideline mostly, then the Hero balls and drive stalls.

Geno intermediate and short passes and drives last longer and go up field, less three and outs using the whole field and not just sidelines. Mixes it up in and out and screens real screens not floaters to the RB giving the defense more time to adjust and corral.

And again against a defense playing back to not give up the big play, not rushing more than 3-4 and with a 2 score lead, again ta back up QB knowing their offense can move the ball at will. Again the passing charts clearly show he was throwing short and gaining yards. AS to the rest you will see and believe what you want no amount of facts or stats will change your mind, AS to what you see I am sure you see exactly what you want to see, So well this will be my last reply to your drivel.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":bgvb5ugl said:
chris98251":bgvb5ugl said:

And again against a defense playing back to not give up the big play, not rushing more than 3-4 and with a 2 score lead, again ta back up QB knowing their offense can move the ball at will. Again the passing charts clearly show he was throwing short and gaining yards. AS to the rest you will see and believe what you want no amount of facts or stats will change your mind, AS to what you see I am sure you see exactly what you want to see, So well this will be my last reply to your drivel.

Promise!!!

toffee

Reaction score
cymatica":1dwkx9xi said:
John63":1dwkx9xi said:
chris98251":1dwkx9xi said:
John63":1dwkx9xi said:

Yeah because trusting what your eyes see is such a conspiracy
But you don't have access to conversational amongst on the side line amongst HC, QB, OC. Our incomparable member does, he has direct access to those conversations.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

LTH

Reaction score
John63":1qqkwdp6 said:
LTH":1qqkwdp6 said:

LTH

I did not say you

I said "But I get it the crew is out in full force ignoring facts so they can push the anti-Wilson agenda. Not saying you specifically just in general.

Example Wilson can't throw short the pass charts prove otherwise but they still push it anyway."

I even said not saying you specifically

As to forcing it sometimes, you are right, sometimes as many have said you need to trust your WR.

You don't complete 70% of your passes throwing big plays all the time. It appears your issue is to you he does it too much. Perhaps he does, maybe he does not. That is an opinion.

Yes he does IMO... I really think he tries to hard and puts to much importance on being great. If he would just play and do what it takes to win he would be great. He is great but its his goal to be the best that's ever played the game and I wonder if that is more important than winning in his mind... I don't know but I think about that when I watch him play. He puts so much pressure on him self that sometimes I think it has a negative effect.

LTH