Geno's outlook for next season?

In your opinion, what is Geno's outlook for next season?

• MVP! He has been putting in work and will dominate! He has not reached his ceiling as a QB.

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Probowl Caliber. He will improve with another year under Waldron and more reps with the starters.

Votes: 59 64.8%
  • There will be a regression as he overachieved pre-Tampa, and teams have more tape on him now.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • He will be benched as the real Geno will return! Last season's performance was an anomaly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Similar to last season. He will neither improve nor regress.

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

hoxrox

Reaction score
Geno's contract has escalators in them which basically means he will have to put up better stats than he did last season to maximize his earnings.

In your opinion, what is Geno's outlook for next season?

toffee

Reaction score
"IF" we can improve our OL a bit, mainly center and guard plays; find a reliable WR3 and a short yardage RB. Yes, Geno can lead us deep into the playoffs. Luckily, we have TWO 1st and 2nd round picks, we should be able to fill those needs.

toffee

Reaction score
Geno played at a fairly consistent level for one and a half seasons, some ups and some downs. If Wilson didn't rushed back to deny Geno's opportunities, he would have played at a higher level than those 3.5 games. Can't see why Geno's performance will take a nose dive this season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
his second half of the year was worse than his first half and he lead the league in turnover worthy throws and had the lowest % of those picked off. He’s much more likely to regress. I will be rooting for him to surprise me though because it’s an awesome story and he’s worked his ass off. If I was betting I’d say he’s middle of the pack next year

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think he’s going to look worse. He’s never going to be the hapless Jets, Geno — but I’m thinking we’re going go see him come back to earth a little bit. I still think he’ll be starting caliber, but more of an uneven starter.

He got very lucky with the turnovers last year. He needs to rein it in a bit.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I have nothing but high expectations. I expect a better supporting cast and more comfort and confidence in the system. I think we luck into 3 years of very good Geno into 2025, but signs of slowing in 2025.

nwHawk

Reaction score
He should have plenty of teaching tape to learn from and he’s a pro. I expect him to bust his butt. He got away with plenty of passes that could have gone wrong.

But two rookie tackles will be better and Young at WR #3 or #4 looks like he has potential. Build the unit around Geno and allow him to play within his game and he’ll do pretty well.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno's performance didn't seem especially flukey. Some will point out turnover-worthy throws, but his process is generally sound. He has a good command of the full field and sees the field pretty well. It's the same stuff I saw in preseason. Great accuracy, good timing. I thought I was being fooled by him in the preseason and that he'd regress severely, but he appears to be the real deal now.

He could regress, but I think he'll sustain about the same level of play.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't know. Teams have plenty of book on him now. So there's that. They defended him better later last year than earlier. He might get a little better overall than last year, even though some of the stats people point to in defense of him might not improve all that much. I think his performance is really going to depend on offensive line improvement, a consistent running game, and some additional quality in the receiving department. It's hard to say. I don't think anyone really knows.

Maui12thman

Reaction score
You don’t hit 70% of your passes over 17 games in the NFL on luck. Geno will once again be among the top 10 passers in the league. But I got this feeling he will get hurt and Lock will get a shot. I also believe the Hawks are blowing smoke up yalls asses and will not be picking. QB at 5. He don Hooker later maybe, but honestly I believe they have confidence to do the same with Lock as they did with Geno if Geno goes down.

GemCity

Reaction score
You don’t hit 70% of your passes over 17 games in the NFL on luck. Geno will once again be among the top 10 passers in the league. But I got this feeling he will get hurt and Lock will get a shot. I also believe the Hawks are blowing smoke up yalls asses and will not be picking. QB at 5. He don Hooker later maybe, but honestly I believe they have confidence to do the same with Lock as they did with Geno if Geno goes down.
This. I could see some regression if his stats were padded with a few big throws to DK and/or Tyler but, you can’t hit that accuracy mark like he did without being in full command.

I don’t think he’ll dramatically improve but I expect a similar performance as last year….give or take a few spots.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Geno had some truly incredible throws last year and he was one of the best deep ball passers in the league. His performance did regress though in the 2nd half of the season. I expect he won't be getting his contract bonus' but he will still be an above average QB.

Latest posts