Getting Psyched

EmonacoZ71

Reaction score
As said on another thread, I will be going to the Seahawks game in Charlotte this Sunday. As a hater of country music and a resident of NC I have been psyching myself up with some good ole grunge music and will continue to do so until Sunday. When I'm talking grunge I'm talking bands like Truly, Gruntruck, Tad, Paw, Mudhoney, Melvins, Screaming Trees, and Dig......the good stuff.

Whether you are going to the game or not, wasn't sure if anyone else was working on the "getting psyched" program this week and if so what music is going to take you to the 12th man level by Sunday.

OP
OP
EmonacoZ71

EmonacoZ71

Reaction score
volsunghawk":ohqmghml said:
Tad is always good to get psyched up. Just put "Behemoth" on repeat.

Very good decision, excellent song.

And I somehow I forgot about Mother Love Bone, gotta get some of that going on this week and Green River.

Cartire

Reaction score
If you want old school (kinda) pump up music. Especially for WA. Korn - Blind.

Best amp up, pump up, get started song.

Honestly, best intro to any concert I have ever seen. (best played before running onto the field.)

[youtube]5_hIojjA3A4[/youtube]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Listen to "Hot Hoodoo" ... they are a young but promising three piece band based out of Olympia. They have a unique sound of classic rock, funk, punk with a grungy feel. Saw them at the most recent Seattle's Battle of Band and they were easily the most impressive talent. They won and have a place in the final round In December.

I ended up buying a CD but I think you can listen to them on SoundCloud.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
For that extra chip-on-the-shoulder, smash-the-place-up feel, I'd crank Soundgarden's "Ty Cobb" while watching highlights of Kam's and BB's biggest hits. After the 22-second peaceful intro, there's 21 emphatic f-bombs to go along with the machine-gun drums and lightning riffs. :th2thumbs: :death2: :rocket:

ivotuk

Reaction score
The weather will be a factor, this morning Charlotte is 86 and according to weather underground, "feels like 94." Saturday is supposed to be 84/64 with fog so maybe we'll get lucky and get some rain on Sunday :th2thumbs:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Gameday, season opener, football season! All I need to get psyched!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Bad Religion, Rage against the machine, Social D. and 16mg of Nicorette gum.

Seatownbully

Reaction score
I agree with Cartire. that intro would be awesome when it hits hard and the crowd jumpin like a live concert. The energy level would be insane and the opponents would be trippin on us and not thinking about the game. Pop rap and classic rock just won't to it. Gotta be hard and heavy to move your inner Beast!