GoEagles

hawk45

Reaction score
Marvin49":1la9cslq said:
Maulbert":1la9cslq said:
Marvin49":1la9cslq said:
Maulbert":1la9cslq said:
Only after you admit DK Metcalf is a good receiver who can run multiple routes.

I’ll admit he’s looked better than I thought, but he still runs ALOT of deep routes. When I said that before it wasn’t intended to be an insult. My point was that DK was a perfect compliment to Wilson’s deep ball. I still don’t see DK as a big RAC guy, but he made a GREAT move today late in the game.

[youtube]gmFx2p4QuH4[/youtube]

Yes, that was the play I was referring to.

I'll say it again. My entire point in my initial post was the Metcalf really fit what Wilson is really good at. I also stated that Deebo perfectly fit what the Niners do. Deebo is NOT a deep ball receiver. He's a "get the ball in space and make something happen" receiver as is Aiyuk and for that matter Kittle.

My whole point which got lost in everything that came after was that scheme fit is hugely important.
I agree with this.

I mean I watch DK catch a ball on the sidelines and truck Gilmore for another 20 and I say he can definitely be a RAC guy from a tools perspective. His speed scaring corners makes him wide open on slants and i constantly wish we’d throw him 10 slants a game but we don’t.

His most gaudy plays are deep balls, he’s fantastic at them, Wilson is fantastic at them, as you said match made in heaven.

Also agree with the Deebo comment. Putting balls on guys in stride over the middle is something JG can do. I think if the WRs switched teams there would be a lot of frustrated fans. JG would come nowhere near DK 40 yards downfield, and Deebo would get one or two over the middle a game from Wilson and that’s it.