Golden State Warriors

Alexander

Reaction score
Smurf":36knouvd said:
hawknation2016":36knouvd said:
[vine]i69FZLXFrIU[/vine]

Good lord!

As this point, I'm pretty sure most people watching that knew it was going in as soon as he shot it. Dude has been unreal this year, and his shooting percentage beyond 30 feet is ridiculous. Completely ridiculous.

I know the NBA is "soft" these days (can't play as physical on defense), but even if you miss the good old days, you have to appreciate Curry's talent.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Alexander":2l6mxuq7 said:
Smurf":2l6mxuq7 said:
hawknation2016":2l6mxuq7 said:
[vine]i69FZLXFrIU[/vine]

Good lord!

As this point, I'm pretty sure most people watching that knew it was going in as soon as he shot it. Dude has been unreal this year, and his shooting percentage beyond 30 feet is ridiculous. Completely ridiculous.

I know the NBA is "soft" these days (can't play as physical on defense), but even if you miss the good old days, you have to appreciate Curry's talent.
I think he's a great shooter without a doubt.The thing that bothers me is basically it's the Triangle offense the same one Kerr played as a Bull but it's the Triangle@the 3 pt line at full blast.This offense works so great as nobody really plays defense anymore,all you have to do is look at the scores.I would love to see Larry Bird and Calvin Murphy playing on the GS team,they would average 30 pts as well and I might as well add Kerr to that list thats missing a lot of guys who would do great.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2j3a1tjh said:
Alexander":2j3a1tjh said:
Smurf":2j3a1tjh said:
hawknation2016":2j3a1tjh said:
[vine]i69FZLXFrIU[/vine]

Good lord!

I think he's a great shooter without a doubt.The thing that bothers me is basically it's the Triangle offense the same one Kerr played as a Bull but it's the Triangle@the 3 pt line at full blast.This offense works so great as nobody really plays defense anymore,all you have to do is look at the scores.I would love to see Larry Bird and Calvin Murphy playing on the GS team,they would average 30 pts as well and I might as well add Kerr to that list thats missing a lot of guys who would do great.

The "no defense" thing is overblown. Teams don't play defense as well inside, particularly against slashers, but it's not like they're just letting guys take shots from the three point line. I don't see how the defensive rotation on the perimeter is significantly worse than it used to be.

What Curry is doing this season is absolutely insane, particularly when he's making bomb shots at the buzzer with dudes in his face. He was well defended on that OKC winner and it wasn't a desperate heave, it was a legitimate shot. The guy has hit on five times as many of these long range range shots as any other player any other season at roughly 50% success rate. He's destroying teams by shooting his threes off the dribble, half of the time when someone is right on top of him.

It's not just the offense or the other guys on his team. If he keeps up a reasonable percentage of what he's been doing he's going to eclipse Reggie Miller and Ray Allen as the most amazing shooter in NBA history. If he keeps playing defense and has his complete game together he could be one of the greatest players ever.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
But the Curry phenomenon is different because of his size — he is a sinewy 6 feet 3 inches, 190 pounds — and because of the way in which he dominates games by scoring far from the basket, somehow stretching the court beyond its conceivable limits.

It may be more useful to look beyond basketball, to two athletes who redefined their respective sports: Wayne Gretzky, hockey’s goal-scoring wizard, and Babe Ruth, the legendary home-run hitter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/sport ... stics.html

Warriors President and Chief of Operations Rick Welts grew up in Seattle, went to the University of Washington, and worked his way from ball boy to director of public relations when the SuperSonics won their NBA Championship in 1979.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Warriors home winning streak ends at 54 after loss to Boston tonight.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This Celtics team is pretty fun too watch. They have the all Tacoma backcourt in Bradley and Isaiah Thomas. I'll be rooting for them once the playoffs come around.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2016":3ff6ioj5 said:
According to our “CARM-Elo” forecast model, the Warriors’ probability of winning 73 or more games is down to just 54.6 percent — the loss to Boston dinged Golden State’s chances of making history by about 31 percentage points.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how ... f-73-wins/

They'll still get to 73 IMO. Would be really surprised to see them lose another game at home this year, so that gives them 72 wins.. then they'd have to either beat a depleted Grizzlies team in Memphis or a Spurs team that may just not give a rats ass about the outcome of the game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
73 wins looking very dicey now after the Warriors fall in OT to the Timberwolves. They have to win their last 4 games, including 2 dates with San Antonio.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
They aren't handling the pressure very well. Tbh, I think this entire "going for 73 wins" thing will hurt them in the end. For one, they aren't resting their guys while teams like SA , Cleveland and OKC are resting players on certain games. And rather than getting in the mindset for the playoffs, they're getting too focused on winning what are essentially meaningless NBA games late in the season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":14r5k7nr said:
They aren't handling the pressure very well. Tbh, I think this entire "going for 73 wins" thing will hurt them in the end. For one, they aren't resting their guys while teams like SA , Cleveland and OKC are resting players on certain games. And rather than getting in the mindset for the playoffs, they're getting too focused on winning what are essentially meaningless NBA games late in the season.

Agreed.. I honestly believe they should scrap the chase now and sit guys. The playoffs are the far more important goal now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This is the game for all the marbles.

Go Spurs Go!

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Warriors join 1995-96 Bulls in 72-win club with one left for history

http://espn.go.com/blog/golden-state-wa ... or-history

[tweet]https://twitter.com/warriors/status/719398455341223936[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/warriors/status/719398497418485760[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/warriors/status/719327755305750528[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/warriors/status/719328809879601153[/tweet]

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I now understand why people hate the Seahawks for no real reason. I am getting that same feeling, but for the Warriors. All their players are likable and they play the game the way the right way, yet I find myself hating them for being so good.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well they will likely break the record Wednesday, really great accomplishment. I still think the 1996 and 1997 Bulls teams were the greatest of all-time but what the Warriors have done this year (even if Memphis were to spoil the party) is truly remarkable.

Hawk-Lock":3g38iat9 said:
I now understand why people hate the Seahawks for no real reason. I am getting that same feeling, but for the Warriors. All their players are likable and they play the game the way the right way, yet I find myself hating them for being so good.

I love watching them play.. Curry is such a special talent. I get where people would start to get turned off by them though since the media has been talking about 73 wins since they started the year 5-0.

I think more people hate the Seahawks because of our fan base and the "2012's" .. which absolutely is a thing. And those fans are usually pretty insufferable for the most part.. so I get it. I think the Warriors hate derives from the media fawning over their every move.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":32ycyyjh said:
Well they will likely break the record Wednesday, really great accomplishment. I still think the 1996 and 1997 Bulls teams were the greatest of all-time but what the Warriors have done this year (even if Memphis were to spoil the party) is truly remarkable.

Hawk-Lock":32ycyyjh said:

I love watching them play.. Curry is such a special talent. I get where people would start to get turned off by them though since the media has been talking about 73 wins since they started the year 5-0.

I think more people hate the Seahawks because of our fan base and the "2012's" .. which absolutely is a thing. And those fans are usually pretty insufferable for the most part.. so I get it. I think the Warriors hate derives from the media fawning over their every move.

Yeah I think some of my hate has to due with the never-ending media coverage of them. It just gets tiresome, similar to the whole Carolina Panthers undefeated thing from a few months ago. And yes their fans at times do remind me of our fans. GS fans just act like they are the underdog all the time and that "nobody shows us respect." Seahawk fans do the same. Yes that was the case years ago, but not anymore. Stop trying to pull a "Doug Baldwin," no one thinks that you guys suck anymore!