Gonzaga BB 2020/21 season

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Timme is a star. Zags look so good. Covid stands in the way of a deep run.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Uh oh, Suggs injured in WV game. Zags looking ragged without him too. Hopefully they can pull it together in the second half.

Edit: Zags did a good job fighting back and winning this game. WV has some good interior players and they play very physical basketball. Suggs came back in but was clearly not the same. Good to see him come back in but I wonder if he plays next game.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Baylor game called off due to coronavirus positive test on one student-athlete and one non student-athlete. 2020 can't end soon enough.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Interesting matchup vs. Iowa.... Zags haven't really practiced together for a while so I suspect Iowa has a big advantage.

Good on them scheduling Virginia next week and give them another opportunity for a big out of conference matchup before they go into the dregs that is the WCC.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1fpq07hd said:
Interesting matchup vs. Iowa.... Zags haven't really practiced together for a while so I suspect Iowa has a big advantage.

Let's see... Nine... o'clock... A.M. There! Alarm set for the 9:00 a.m. tip-off.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Big question in this game is how will our bigs handle Garza? If they need help Iowa will kill us from three. I've watched some of their games and they are a final four contender imo.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Wow! Zags up 17 in first half. Hitting threes and they have been doubling Garza effectively so far. Impressive!!!

Edit: up 14 at half. Impressive three point shooting this half. Zags are unbeatable when shooting at this clip from three.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Refs have massively inserted themselves in the second half. Fouling out Timme, Kispert, and almost everyone else with 4. Massive amount of free throws for Iowa. Must be trying to keep viewership going I guess. So many non existent foul calls.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Gonzaga has had plenty of guys leave early for the NBA, and even had 1 and done with Zach Collins -- but this is the first time they've ever had a frosh where nobody has any expectation from the beginning that he will be there more than 1 year.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I know its just 5 games but Suggs is the best guard to play at GU since John Stockton. Unfortunately, Like you said, he will only be here 1 year most likely.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Zags roll UVA.

What a complete team. This team must be Final 4 or title. Its too good of a squad.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Kispert and Timme were both unconscious. Biggest offensive performance on UVA in a decade.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't see anyone denying Zags sure enough looking the part of #1. I'm expecting a long run at the top spot. There are a number of tough teams out there, but they all figure to beat each other up in conference play. Looks to me like the Zags will cruise through and be relatively fresh come tourney time. Terrific squad, top shelf coach. Can't ask for more than that.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'm amazed how easily they dispatched UVA. Kispert was incredible. Wish we had been able to see them play Baylor.