Gordon suspended indefintely

minormillikin

Reaction score
If it's weed related, then he's just an idiot. Marijuana testing in the NFL has long been an intelligence test. Pass this one test at the beginning of the season and smoke away all season.

Though, I suppose because of his history he might get tested more regularly.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
minormillikin":3t2h34kp said:
If it's weed related, then he's just an idiot. Marijuana testing in the NFL has long been an intelligence test. Pass this one test at the beginning of the season and smoke away all season.

That’s not how the brain works. Maybe if our culture read more books about the subject we’d have less addicts

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At this stage all we know is he is indefinitely suspended. The Pats releasing him him seems potentially an indicator of an earlier breach though.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
This is why I didn't like the move when it was made . Were now starting to count on the man and he gets suspended. So he took reps from someone that could help us in the playoffs . Weather that's Turner or someone else. I understand the talent but guys like him don't change.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh, it was a shot. There is little doubt this player has immense talent but also many demons, at this point we don't know if this is a matter that can be appealed or whether it was a drug of abuse or a PED. Disappointing!

Seymour

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1oooc9p0 said:
Was this a pending issue when we got him? Or is it a new once since we signed him?

The Patriots would (and have :roll: ) sell their soul to the devil to gain an advantage. My bet is pre-existing condition they knew about (Patriots knew but Hawks maybe not?)

And it sounds like both performance enhancing and substance abuse test were failed, not just 1. When Irvin was busted it was listed only as performance enhancing. Gordon's statement lists both.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":21zittha said:
It was listed as performance enhancing, wasn't it? Wee wouldn't have been in that category, would it?

I believe the category it falls under is now performance enhancing or abuse.

Chapow

Reaction score
2_0_6":3i99fetz said:
Chapow":3i99fetz said:
scutterhawk":3i99fetz said:
2_0_6":3i99fetz said:
John Ursua's time is now
I was thinking the same exact thing.
Some guys just can't get the hell out of their own damned way.
Why not give Ursua "Flash In The Pan" Gordon's opportunities.

Pretty sure they'll continue to roll with some combo of David Moore, Malik Turner, and Jaron Brown like they have been all season.

I totally get wanting to see what Ursua can do out there, but have you guys considered that maybe there's a reason that Ursua isn't getting playing time? Like, maybe he just isn't ready yet?

He cant be that much worse than Jaron Brown could he?

You'd have to ask the coaches. They're the ones that have seen both of them practicing on a regular basis since July.

Why do you think Ursua isn't getting any playing time? I have a hard believing that they wouldn't play the guy that they thought was the better option.

kf3339

Reaction score
jammerhawk":bakf8mfz said:
At this stage all we know is he is indefinitely suspended. The Pats releasing him him seems potentially an indicator of an earlier breach though.

This is my thinking as well. I don't think he would have been with us long enough to get tested, go thru the review and have the league make a decision in that short of time. The Pats probably knew he was under investigation again and waived him to avoid the distraction.

Personally, I hope we us our player development program to help him with his issues. That is if the league allows that sort of thing. In some ways we may be the best team to deal with his issues and hopefully help him get better.

This year is done, but who knows about next year. He showed promise!

Seymour

Reaction score

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1o9upn8f said:
minormillikin":1o9upn8f said:

That’s not how the brain works. Maybe if our culture read more books about the subject we’d have less addicts
Maybe if we treated addiction as the medical issue it is rather than trying to deal with it through the criminal justice system we'd have less addicts.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Chapow":1u0ye3em said:
2_0_6":1u0ye3em said:
Chapow":1u0ye3em said:
scutterhawk":1u0ye3em said:
I was thinking the same exact thing.
Some guys just can't get the hell out of their own damned way.
Why not give Ursua "Flash In The Pan" Gordon's opportunities.

Pretty sure they'll continue to roll with some combo of David Moore, Malik Turner, and Jaron Brown like they have been all season.

I totally get wanting to see what Ursua can do out there, but have you guys considered that maybe there's a reason that Ursua isn't getting playing time? Like, maybe he just isn't ready yet?

You'd have to ask the coaches. They're the ones that have seen both of them practicing on a regular basis since July.

Why do you think Ursua isn't getting any playing time? I have a hard believing that they wouldn't play the guy that they thought was the better option.

Im thinking back to cutdown day. Urusua made the cut while Brown was let go and signed back after no interest.

Chapow

Reaction score
2_0_6":387xvese said:
Chapow":387xvese said:
2_0_6":387xvese said:
Chapow":387xvese said:

Im thinking back to cutdown day. Urusua made the cut while Brown was let go and signed back after no interest.

And yet Brown has seen some playing time, and Ursua hasn't. Can you think of any logical reason that might explain that?

James in PA

Reaction score
beaumaris":144ottx6 said:
Was this from a while back,or is it a new charge ?
That’s what everyone wants to know right now. Knowing how the Patriots operate, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if this was from a while back & they knew it was coming. His sudden release by them didn’t make much sense at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
kidhawk":ljp9asfw said:
As most have said, it's not a real shocker. His history shows it's just a matter of time, but we got some good use out of him while we had him and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. He was never a major part of the game plan, so it shouldn't be that difficult to plug and play with what we have. This just makes me happier that Lockett seems back to his old self. Him and DK along with Hollister should be able to hanlde the brunt of the receiving.

No wonder how he was able to get that extra inch on that catch . gr8 snag though . :D