Should Josh Gordon be re signed?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
When will this boards obsession with a washed up has been end? Next we will start getting Kapernick for back up posts.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Josh Gordon? Isn't he a tease?

I'm much more interested in a humble and versatile and hard working receiver by the name of Dareke Young. Just watch Dareke grow in 2023!
I agree. He could be a great Seahawk
Young

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
We like people like us.

The article points out how vastly better he is than his xfl Peers. We need someone either immediately before or after Dareke on the depth chart who we immediately know is able to step into wr3. Gordon is providing a 10 week audition that if production continues may well be worth inviting

flv2

Reaction score
He was in the NFL last season, with a lot of zeros on his stats page. 5 total receptions after 2019 with the Seahawks. Must be a reason for that.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
He was in the NFL last season, with a lot of zeros on his stats page. 5 total receptions after 2019 with the Seahawks. Must be a reason for that.
And he has been here and done exactly nothing. He isn't an NFL caliber player anymore.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And he has been here and done exactly nothing. He isn't an NFL caliber player anymore.

I disagree. I recall when he was here he was doing great, and an excellent 3rd down converter (ala Baldwin/Engram). Definitely showed flashes of his earliest years in the NFL. If he's motivated and has his head on straight, I do not see why he wouldn't be a productive #3 for us.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I have no prob bringing him in and taking a look, but he's obviously lost quite a bit of his speed and quickness. I couldn't care less about his off field stuff and to be honest it really bugs me that guys like him and ricky williams basically had stunted careers because of this weird stigma about weed

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who said he's at that level? You got all that from a few people saying he's worth a look in 2023?
League minimum, little to no risk.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
Who said he's at that level? You got all that from a few people saying he's worth a look in 2023?
Aros literally said that three posts before mine, and it gets brought up in every Gordon thread. I feel like people remember him being a lot more productive than he was for some reason. I have no problem bringing him in; I don't care about his past drug use (it was a lot more than weed btw). I'd be a huge hypocrite if I did care, given that I woke up in the hospital last month when someone found me face-down in the snow in the Michigan cold at 3am. I'm just saying I wouldn't expect much at this point. If you can't produce in that KC offense, there's not much hope for you elsewhere. I feel bad for him that he's a HOF talent that became a cautionary tale.

flv2

Reaction score
Aros literally said that three posts before mine, and it gets brought up in every Gordon thread. I feel like people remember him being a lot more productive than he was for some reason. I have no problem bringing him in; I don't care about his past drug use (it was a lot more than weed btw). I'd be a huge hypocrite if I did care, given that I woke up in the hospital last month when someone found me face-down in the snow in the Michigan cold at 3am. I'm just saying I wouldn't expect much at this point. If you can't produce in that KC offense, there's not much hope for you elsewhere. I feel bad for him that he's a HOF talent that became a cautionary tale.
Yes, it was a lot more than weed. 2 of his bans are for alcohol and he's also been banned for PEDs. To stay in the NFL he'll have to submit to drug testing up to 10 times a month and tests would need to show a 0.000 alcohol reading every time. 1 test at 0.001 and he's gone for 12 months.

JPatera76

Reaction score
No, No, No.......... No. He had a chance with us and he is a UNwanted distraction. Its like signing a ax murder that runs 4.10 NO
I don’t remember any reports of him being a distraction when he was with us. If anything I remember right he was really liked here. And it’s not he didn’t have the talent to be used, it felt like Wilson and the OC just never utilized him, and at times Wilson just Ignored him.

I’d give him a shot with Geno.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting he had the productivity of Engram and Baldwin, but that he had the same kind of penchant to BE that type of receiver for us. His stats may not have shown it but I do recall some impressive bail-outs from him on 3rd down. He may not have the raw speed and athleticism he had in his first few years in the NFL, but he does have excellent hands. He was also liked by his teammates and coaches if I recall. I'm not losing sleep over if he gets yet another shot with us, but I would not be upset if he was brought in on a small/cap-friendly deal to test drive one last time.

Chawker

Reaction score
We can draft a WR, one of the Standford receives Wilson or Higgins, then theres Wheaton. All are young and with good hand and they don't smoke dope.

Just my two cents. Cheers

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Because there's a billion 22-24 year olds worth taking a look at. We don't have infinite reps to take a look at players. Josh Gordon takes a spot from someone who isn't in their 30s.