Should Josh Gordon be re signed?

Rat

Reaction score
Because there's a billion 22-24 year olds worth taking a look at. We don't have infinite reps to take a look at players. Josh Gordon takes a spot from someone who isn't in their 30s.
Yeah, he's someone you bring in for a Monday tryout during the season when you lose a WR to injury the day before.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because there's a billion 22-24 year olds worth taking a look at. We don't have infinite reps to take a look at players. Josh Gordon takes a spot from someone who isn't in their 30s.
He doesn't "take" anything. Just having a look at the guy isn't "taking" from anything if he EARNS a spot.
You know damn well who is the coach of this team. Dude would try out 237 players if he was allowed to. It's all about comPETE here in Seattle.
There is ZERO harm in bringing a guy in for a look. If he EARNS a spot, then too bad for the people he beat out.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
He doesn't "take" anything. Just having a look at the guy isn't "taking" from anything if he EARNS a spot.
He is absolutely taking reps from someone. There is a finite amount of time, coaches, and spots. There are not many 32 year old wide receivers in the NFL and he's been a nobody in the NFL for 10 years.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yes, it was a lot more than weed. 2 of his bans are for alcohol and he's also been banned for PEDs. To stay in the NFL he'll have to submit to drug testing up to 10 times a month and tests would need to show a 0.000 alcohol reading every time. 1 test at 0.001 and he's gone for 12 months.

He was with KC through 2021 and Tennessee through five games in 2022.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Having a look at a guy in a workout isn't taking away from shit.
You disagree that there are finite snaps and workouts? Or that he hasn't been relevant for a decade?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I disagree. I recall when he was here he was doing great, and an excellent 3rd down converter (ala Baldwin/Engram). Definitely showed flashes of his earliest years in the NFL. If he's motivated and has his head on straight, I do not see why he wouldn't be a productive #3 for us.
IIRC, he had a couple of circus freak 1st down catches for us. The kind that DK seems to struggle with.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I mean Geno probably can utilize Gordon’s size/catch radius much better in the short to intermediate passing game than Russ throwing up prayers on a 50/50 deep post.

I would bring him in but has a post-draft addition if they don’t add a big, long, physical prospect to the mix in a draft full of them.

flv2

Reaction score
He was with KC through 2021 and Tennessee through five games in 2022.
He was, and he produced very little. I have no problem with any NFL team signing him. If I was a GM and I could sign him to a minimum salary with zero guarantees during the 90-man roster offseason i'd consider it. Would Gordon sign for the Seahawks on those terms if he could get the same or better elsewhere? I think that question was answered in 2021 when he signed for the Chiefs. I wouldn't want to offer much more than minimum for him because the risk/reward is too low. Who wants to be seen as enabling another potential Henry Ruggs III for a guy who has 5 receptions in 3 years? I wouldn't blame any GM who says no at any price on those grounds.