Hawks worst free agent signings ever (1 submission per post)

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3mdza107 said:
TJ Houshmandzadeh

Plus his season was the year we did the godawful white numbers on lime green jerseys and got hosed angst the Bears. I believe there were 2 major ref issues that led to TDs. In the end though, that was a blessing since it helped get rid of Mora and we know how that turned out.

TJ was such a prima donna and he infected Burleson with it too, iirc. I remember one play they were both split out wide and it was a run play up the middle. Neither of them did so much as send in front of their GB to slow them down, much less throw a block. One CB caused a fumble and the other recovered it. Should be shown to every young player, alongside the DK/Baker play, to show why effort on every down matters.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":2ukn20yt said:
IF Jamal Adam ecouldn't be resigned due to injury, cap, performance, whatever, he could go down as one of our worst free agent signings.
That was a trade.

I’m going to go with TO.

toffee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":8ushrv2s said:
toffee":8ushrv2s said:
IF Jamal Adam ecouldn't be resigned due to injury, cap, performance, whatever, he could go down as one of our worst free agent signings.
That was a trade.

I’m going to go with TO.

you are right!!

chris98251

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":23t99ynm said:
Rat":23t99ynm said:
Ad Hawk":23t99ynm said:
Wait, are your referring to Curry or McDowell? Maybe we just skip to #3. Or is there 1a, 1b, and 1c?

I meant Curry, given his draft status and pre new-CBA contract, but I guess you could make the argument that Malik hurt us more. We passed up Tre'Davious White, TJ Watt and Ryan Ramczyk in the trade down for him, while potentially selecting Mark Sanchez likely would have set us back more than Curry did.

If this thread is veering at all towards worst draft pick then RB Owen Gill has to be in the conversation. He was drafted in the 2nd round of the 85 draft 53rd overall. McDowell was drafted 35th. Curry was the #4 pick. By draft position alone then Curry would be it, except that he at least played in games, was considered by most a can't miss prospect and garnered a draft pick at the end of his Seahawks career. McDowell might have contributed had it not been for immaturity, lack of common sense or something else. In my book, Gill is the worst draft pick. Gill was released outright during training camp his rookie year!

No, he was very very bad, But Andre Hines was worse, NFL Draft 1980 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44, Chuck Knox supposedly had enough of him when he couldn't even make it one turn around the field in a running drill and cut him.