Hollister in the trade window

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Surely he was only being used tonight to showcase his abilities..so we can trade him. Off to the falcons for McKinley plus our other 7th rounder.

chris98251

Reaction score
We should package him with Wagner and Wilson for 4 7th rounders.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
pinksheets":3uamqocf said:
jamescasey1124":3uamqocf said:
Nah...put up olsen before hollister.
I doubt he has any value on the block.

Probably not, but their has to be a team with literally no te. Falcons? Browns? Dallas?

Hollister needs to stay. Every time he plays he makes plays.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Trade Hollister at your peril.

He is cheap and effective.

It would be dumb.

Olson is an aging vet. Aging vets get hurt more often (pointed that out when we got Irvin). You don't bank on Olson and trading your depth off when Olson is a likely future injury.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If the point of your post is that we really need McKinley, and it may be worth sacrificing needed depth in order to land him, then that's a debatable point depending on what you think of the various trade values involved.

However, it reads like the point of your post is that Hollister is expendable and that is completely wrong. Depth is an extremely valuable commodity in the NFL, where there is an average of one player who ends up on injured reserve for every game played. A 6-1 team trading away depth would need to get something valuable in return to make it worth it, and there is a decent chance that Hollister will be needed at some point.

It's also worth pointing out that there are really two different TE positions; in-line blocker and receiver. It's great if guys like Dissly and Olsen can do both, but most TEs are really better at one aspect. In most formations with two tight ends there will be one who is a receiver and one who is a blocker. It can be completely fine if Hollister is not a great blocker if he's being paired along with somebody who is.

TypeSly

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1a4dxxcr said:

Yeah, not only does Olsen seem like he's lost a step... He doesn't seem to be playing with any fire, any conviction. Looks like player who wants to just play out his contract, IMO.

pinksheets

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":34l01ige said:
pinksheets":34l01ige said:
jamescasey1124":34l01ige said:

Probably not, but their has to be a team with literally no te. Falcons? Browns? Dallas?

Hollister needs to stay. Every time he plays he makes plays.
I'm fine with keeping Hollister unless he gets us something truly worthwhile for the defense, but the reason his name is being floated is that he has value and Olsen doesn't. Olsen would get you a 7th from a desperate team if we're lucky at this point.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
A 7th is fine. May turn out another te who can play defense. Ecspecially if it means dissly and Hollister on the field more.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":18xgy9zv said:
jamescasey1124":18xgy9zv said:

I read an article earlier today that we were shopping him around before we made the deal with the Bengals. From that same article they said there was actually interest in him but they just didn’t find the player they wanted in return. Once they got that player without giving up Holister they pulled him back. They did say though that with the interest sparked there still could be teams willing to trade for him. We shall find out soon enough as the deadline is coming up quickly.

pinksheets

Reaction score
kidhawk":3dhzzelj said:
pinksheets":3dhzzelj said:
jamescasey1124":3dhzzelj said:

I read an article earlier today that we were shopping him around before we made the deal with the Bengals. From that same article they said there was actually interest in him but they just didn’t find the player they wanted in return. Once they got that player without giving up Holister they pulled him back. They did say though that with the interest sparked there still could be teams willing to trade for him. We shall find out soon enough as the deadline is coming up quickly.
Sorry, I wasn't precise. I meant Olsen.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Hollister + 2nd round pick for Gilmore.

Then flip Shaq and a late round pick for a pass rusher.

No reason to not go all in this year.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
davidonmi":351hzhg9 said:
Hollister + 2nd round pick for Gilmore.

Then flip Shaq and a late round pick for a pass rusher.

No reason to not go all in this year.

No thanks. We could get Gilmore without parting with Hollister. And you want to trade our best corner why?
Why not add to him and make him better.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":4lztr5a2 said:
kidhawk":4lztr5a2 said:
pinksheets":4lztr5a2 said:
jamescasey1124":4lztr5a2 said:

Sorry, I wasn't precise. I meant Olsen.

I can see that now. I probably should have just made my post on it's own without a quote. If I'm a team looking for a TE, I'd take Holister over Olsen for both what I can get today and in the future. I'm glad we didn't have to trade him to get some D-line help. Obviously we still have another day to see what happens, but if they do trade him, I would only want to see it if we can get someone who can be a serious help on defense right away. Otherwise I'd rather keep him and see him flourish here.

potatohead33

Reaction score
I want Gilmore, but I don't really want to give up Jacob. If he was not on the field yesterday Metcalf doesn't score the first TD. Absolute textbook downfield block by JH on that play.

kf3339

Reaction score
I would not consider trading Hollister who just makes plays when he is in the game. Do we re-sign him after the season is hard to say. But we have an opportunity to make a strong push in the playoffs this year. We need to keep all of our pass receiving weapons for that very reason.

I wouldn't even trade Olsen as he brings a veteran presence to a young TE group. Why make that move now? We all know he isn't in the Hawks plans for next year, so let him help any way he can this year. The money has already been spent on both of these guys.

Latest posts