OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1b4r8ju4 said:
SeaWolv":1b4r8ju4 said:
hawker84":1b4r8ju4 said:
lol at anyone calling out Golden Tate, yep he hasn't been clutch all season.. smdh

Yes how dare I question anything about Tate's performance, he's beyond reproach! :sarcasm_off:

:229031_rolleyes:
Well if you want to criticize a player, next time, make sure your criticism actually holds water.

How many tackles does Lynch have??!! HE NEEDS MORE!!

What criticism is it that you think I've made that doesn't hold water?

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
All receivers drop some passes. This is one problem with the low pass count it can magnify the drops. Still GT has been gettting better every year so no problems with him.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":21ej71vl said:
All receivers drop some passes. This is one problem with the low pass count it can magnify the drops. Still GT has been gettting better every year so no problems with him.

I agree but losing Rice and not having PH is a concern. We need Baldwin and Tate to play to their potential and we need Harvin in order to have the best shot at making history.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Tate and the rest of the WRs needs to have a big game for us this Sunday. In order for that to happen they need to get better separation than have the last 5-6 weeks.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Blitzer88":29jfu5yn said:
Tate and the rest of the WRs needs to have a big game for us this Sunday. In order for that to happen they need to get better separation than have the last 5-6 weeks.

This is what I'm saying. Thank you! :th2thumbs:

HawkWow

Reaction score
SeaWolv":leyccq32 said:
drrew":leyccq32 said:
He had the lowest dropped pass percentage on the team this season. Lower than Baldwin, Rice, Kearse.

Lower than Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Josh Gordon, AJ Green, Michael Crabtree...just about any receiver outside of Fitzgerald and Colston.

Golden Tate had a fantastic season where drops were not a problem at all.

The complaining about one game in which the team won is just stupid.

I was not complaining. I was asking a legitimate question. I'm not saying he's prone to drops I'm asking about a specific game and wondering what it might mean. Does he wilt under physical CB play or the bright lights of playoffs? Or is it simply he had an off day due to weather? By the way that "one game" happens to be the biggest game of the year so far.

Lets not kid ourselves here. GT has had a good season. He went from 688 receiving yards in 2012 to 898 in 2013. That's about a 30% increase in production. Not bad. Not phenomenal. That puts him at #31 in the league. Less yards than than the #1 receiver on 26 teams and less than the #2 receiver on 4 teams. He's only had 2 games of 100 yards or more and only 8 games of 50 yards or more. In order for the Hawks to continue their march to post season nirvana they are going to need GT's and Baldwin's best games and they're going to need PH. Can they do it without those things? Possibly but I'd rather not risk it.

You also have to factor in that Tate is not a pure #1 and played the year without one. Yes, he got more targets than if a Harvin were also available, but guys like Tate need to be complemented by a true 1 to take the oppositions best corner away (not that all teams put their best CB on a teams #1 WR, but the point remains).

Additionally, more than just the 33% increase from the line of scrimmage, he racked up an assload of return yards and did some damn good blocking as well. Not getting on your case, and probably not telling you anything you don't already know...just reminding you of the above. Tate had a banner year and should seriously be considered for (team) MVP honors. Won't happen, but his name should be in the conversation.

BioDawg03

Reaction score
How can you call a guy having 62 Rec for 898 yards and 5 TDs a "banner year"..... Team MVP? Really????

Yes, Tate did have a lot of Punt Return yards this year.... 2nd in the NFL in fact..... he also had the 2nd most punt return attempts in the league.... he was 12th in Punt Return Avg.

He is also the definition of inconsistent.... just look at his output this season....

61 1 TD
93 2 TD
106 1 TD
129 1 TD(best game of career)
13 (playoff game)

I don't think anyone is expecting the guy to turn in 100 yard games every week.... but he has 7 games this year with 3 or fewer receptions... and 3 with just 1....
We can cross our fingers and hope that Tate turns into our version of Antonio Brown.... but we are going to have to pay quite a bit to find out.... and even then those two are the same age, and Brown had over 1000 yards in his 2nd season in the league....

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I love GT's game and I think he'd be a perennial Pro Bowler as a #2 WR on a team that relies on a heavy passing attack, but that is not this team. Even if Bevell moves on, I assume Pete will bring in another OC that buys into his run-first "proven" formula. Golden recently said he loves it here and hopes to stay in Seattle, so I'll take that at face value. Hopefully he's content to be on a great team with his good friend, RW for years to come, but if stats and/or dollars take him elsewhere, that happens and I couldn't fault him for it. I just really hope we get a chance to see him and Percy on the field together for a full season. From the moment the Harvin trade was made, I instantly thought of what a sick tandem those two could be (in addition to all of our other weapons).

I think the weather was a huge reason for last week's subpar games by both RW & GT and I expect big games from both on Sunday IF the OL can give Russell a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately, we're facing another D that will likely require Miller to devote much of his game to blocking on passing plays. It's a shame that we're not willing/able to use him more. Different topic, I guess.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm not buying any detracting arguments about any of our receivers. When called upon, each of these guys steps up. They're willing to block in the run game, they play special teams, they go all out all the time.

How many NFL teams have played most of the year with 1 drafted WR? ONE! We only have 3 total and 2 of them are Percy and Sidney. It's not about excuses, but if we're talking toughness, tenacity, and resiliency, I'll put Golden Tate and this WR group up against any in the league.

Exittium

Reaction score
Agreed
HawkAroundTheClock":3kqedz67 said:
I'm not buying any detracting arguments about any of our receivers. When called upon, each of these guys steps up. They're willing to block in the run game, they play special teams, they go all out all the time.

How many NFL teams have played most of the year with 1 drafted WR? ONE! We only have 3 total and 2 of them are Percy and Sidney. It's not about excuses, but if we're talking toughness, tenacity, and resiliency, I'll put Golden Tate and this WR group up against any in the league.

Biodawg you have to remember we're NOT a pass 1st team. If we were then maybe I'd be concerned about inconsistency. When Wilson does throw the ball, he spreads it pretty even, so its not like he's 1 reading to Golden all the time like krapperd!ck would to VD or Crabnuts.

As well
BioDawg03":3kqedz67 said:
How can you call a guy having 62 Rec for 898 yards and 5 TDs a "banner year"..... Team MVP? Really????

Yes, Tate did have a lot of Punt Return yards this year.... 2nd in the NFL in fact..... he also had the 2nd most punt return attempts in the league.... he was 12th in Punt Return Avg.

He is also the definition of inconsistent.... just look at his output this season....

61 1 TD
93 2 TD
106 1 TD
129 1 TD(best game of career)
13 (playoff game)

I don't think anyone is expecting the guy to turn in 100 yard games every week.... but he has 7 games this year with 3 or fewer receptions... and 3 with just 1....
We can cross our fingers and hope that Tate turns into our version of Antonio Brown.... but we are going to have to pay quite a bit to find out.... and even then those two are the same age, and Brown had over 1000 yards in his 2nd season in the league....

HawkWow

Reaction score
BioDawg03":16x3so6d said:

What would you call a banner year? Tate put up 1500 yards this year and that's 250 more than Lynch.

Re-read my last post which answers the questions you ask here. Then come back and tell me, while considering we're not the Broncos, why it would be laughable to consider Tate one of the most important players on this 2013 offense / ST / team. Do you watch the games?

HawkWow

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":18lqyyom said:
I love GT's game and I think he'd be a perennial Pro Bowler as a #2 WR on a team that relies on a heavy passing attack, but that is not this team. Even if Bevell moves on, I assume Pete will bring in another OC that buys into his run-first "proven" formula. Golden recently said he loves it here and hopes to stay in Seattle, so I'll take that at face value. Hopefully he's content to be on a great team with his good friend, RW for years to come, but if stats and/or dollars take him elsewhere, that happens and I couldn't fault him for it. I just really hope we get a chance to see him and Percy on the field together for a full season. From the moment the Harvin trade was made, I instantly thought of what a sick tandem those two could be (in addition to all of our other weapons).

I think the weather was a huge reason for last week's subpar games by both RW & GT and I expect big games from both on Sunday IF the OL can give Russell a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately, we're facing another D that will likely require Miller to devote much of his game to blocking on passing plays. It's a shame that we're not willing/able to use him more. Different topic, I guess.

Love Tate, but if he's after more than a 4 year / 25 million deal, I think we have to let him walk (for the reasons you outline above).

strohmin

Reaction score
What a terrible thread. Tate has been awesome all year and he just didnt look like himself the last game.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I think Tate could literally be the last guy on our entire roster who you could question, he's one of our best players for sure. I think Russell Wilson has been more inconsistent than Tate by a long shot in this recent stretch of VISIBLE inaccuracy (I know the stat guys ready to pounce he wasn't statistically inaccurate with his passing percentage in EVERY game recently...).

Tate isn't inconsistent, our passing game is. Bevell is inconsistent. He lead the entire league in reception yards after contact (I think can't find those stats google fails me) and you're going to complain about Tate? I just don't know what to say about this nonsense I'm sorry.

I'm convinced with a good passing offense Tate could put up nutty good stats. He is fast, agile, great footwork, great moves, can make crazy catches, he's an offensive monster you just can't see it within our offense since our whole "formula" is that we don't care about having a great offense, we just make sure to protect the ball (risky in my opinion since I think any defense can crack on any given day).

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Kixkahn":jq2rb60x said:
These people who come on here and bash the players need to get their own butts on the field and see how well they look. Make sure to have someone like Earl coming at them full boar.

Oh good God, this is the worst type of argument ever.

"I thought that Volcano was a terrible movie."
"Oh yeah?!? Well how great of a movie have YOU made?!? That's what I thought!!"

I think we can all agree and say that Blaine Gabbert sucks terribly as a passer even though he's undoubtedly about a billion times better at passing a football than I am.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Tate had an off day, its football things happen where the ball bounces off weirdly. You know the practices had Percy in them, that changes the dynamic and speed. This week he has not practiced so all the other WRs have gotten enough reps. Who knows what actually happened that day. We only know what we saw on the field, we have also seen many many one handed catches he made.

Seeker

Reaction score
I agree with the guy who said tater got his bell rung early. Me and the lady was watching him the whole game moving sporadically and stuff. When lynch scored his first touchdown this dude was in a corner dancing by himself like "yaaaaaaaaaaaay lets go mariners!" he wasn't right. he'll be good this game.