Hyde and DK observations

zchurch74

Reaction score
I rewatched the game today and notice a couple things.

Hyde
Had a really good game but notice there were a few times he could of made a cut and went more up field but rather he runs more wide to the outside. I think this is the difference between him and Carson. Carson hits the holes with authority and gets up field where Hyde is more of an outside rusher.

DK
LAST YEAR AND A FEW times THIS YEAR DK has had drop issues. Aikman could not stop taking about how great DK could be and commenting Seattle doesn’t even know how good he can be. Aikman couldn’t believe how little they throw or even look DK’s way. I don’t live in the Seattle area but listen daily to 710 and 950 and try to get as much press info on the Hawks. Do you think DK has drop issues in practice and Seattle is just working with him slowly and letting him grow as a receiver. I think they are doing a good job but wish they would throw to him a little more. Has anyone heard any onside info on how DK looks in practice? He dropped the one TD pass, and don’t make the excuse Russ threw it too hard, lol and his other drop he could of easily had a big gain and even taken it to the house. Do you think these drops are causing Russ to look more Locketts way. Yes I know Lockett has more drops but DKs drops seem to be more on the bigger play opportunities.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
I would like to see Russell throw a few more, just throw it up and see DK can do type plays. But still, they hooked up for a 40 yarder that got wiped out due to a offensive lineman holding, and then they drew a big PI flag putting them in the red zone on another. All in all, not too bad.

andyh64000

Reaction score
DK had a classic run before you caught it drop, which based on what I have seen from him he will almost never do again, and one where he either didn't see the ball or completely misjudged the velocity. A worrisome drop doesn't bounce off of your facemask. I am not going to lose sleep thinking about whether or not he will be able to perform well at WR for the Seahawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
One other aspect is game speed and routes run, DK is used to running go routes not crossing routes and the ball looks different coming at you, it appears faster with less trajectory from a receivers perspective. DK has been learning more routes and in a game things are faster then practice by 10 or 20 percent, it just is don't ask me to quantify it, experience at any level if you played you know what I am saying, call it the adrenaline factor maybe.

He will get those in the future as he adjusts to speed and trusts Russell not to throw him into a oncoming train.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Said he wasn't ready for Russ's "fastball"... I doubt he f's it up again.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Like many of us fans, Metcalf seems to learn best from his mistakes. So, as others have mentioned, I feel he will easily correct the approaches that led to his foibles last night.

Lawke

Reaction score
He def has some drop issues, but as has been stated already, he really seems to learn from his mistakes so far. One thing that aikman said that i agree with, and one thing ive seen i REALLY like, is the amount of effort he puts into routes no matter who gets the pass and his effort on blocking so far has been pretty legit.

sutz

Reaction score
Every receiver drops one from time to time. I don't think DK has dropped so many that we should consider it a problem. In most cases it when it happens that is so frustrating. The "dart" vs "rainbow" catch is a real thing, and of course varies with game situation. DK has made some tough catches and seems to be capable of learning.

Hell, one of our fave WRs of all time dropped a heluva lot more balls than DK. Y'all remember Darryl, right? :mrgreen:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
sutz":2p4s34uv said:
Every receiver drops one from time to time. I don't think DK has dropped so many that we should consider it a problem. In most cases it when it happens that is so frustrating. The "dart" vs "rainbow" catch is a real thing, and of course varies with game situation. DK has made some tough catches and seems to be capable of learning.

Hell, one of our fave WRs of all time dropped a heluva lot more balls than DK. Y'all remember Darryl, right? :mrgreen:

Darryl or Darrel? One is Turner the other is Jackson. Big difference.

sutz

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":11i59lsg said:
sutz":11i59lsg said:

Darryl or Darrel? One is Turner the other is Jackson. Big difference.
My bad. It's Darrell, of course. ;)

sc85sis

Reaction score
The bounce off his mask in the end zone looked embarrassing, but I can understand that one because Russ really rifled it in there.

The other drop was a lack of concentration. I hate seeing that. He’s not the first WR to do it and won’t be the last, but it’s always frustrating. Catch, then run.

DK is a student of the game. He’s going to keep getting better, and that should have us all excited.

capncrunch

Reaction score
If we lost the game I would be kind of mad at DK for the drops and Myers for the extra point miss but we won so I am not thinking about the miscues hardly at all. He has made some great catches in traffic. We can all see he is going to improve and is already a great player that will screw up here and there.

Hyde impressed me the other night. He's not as good as Carson, a dude I wouldn't trade for anybody, but I think he's great. Remember that run along the sidelines where Al Michaels thought he stepped out of bounds. The recent one where he punished Peterson at the goal line. That was some Beast Mode action there! We all look forward to Chris coming back but I'd rather we play it safe if need be. In Hyde (or should I say Dr. Jekyll)) I trust!

OP
OP
zchurch74

zchurch74

Reaction score
DK has another drop for a TD tonight. I’m just wondering what’s the excuse for tonight’s drop. It wasn’t a tough catch to make. I will keep saying it until he proves me wrong. DK will not be elite until he can get rid of these drops. His drops are on big plays.

Give me your excuse!

evergreen

Reaction score
He had 177 yards and did miss two more tds. The one just kinda got juggled as the defender fell and another he let up a bit and it went over him. So he's just the NFL leader and not the GOAT yet.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Only guy that can stop DK is DK. If he had Baldwins hands it would be just too unfair.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
DK seems to make most of the really tough catches, then blows the easy ones.???

Chapow

Reaction score
zchurch74":2uxm353l said:
DK has another drop for a TD tonight. I’m just wondering what’s the excuse for tonight’s drop. It wasn’t a tough catch to make. I will keep saying it until he proves me wrong. DK will not be elite until he can get rid of these drops. His drops are on big plays.

Give me your excuse!

DK has more receiving yards than any other player in the NFL and has the 5th most TD receptions. Not too shabby for a guy that isn't elite. ;)