Hyde and DK observations

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Every wide receiver has drops, even the elite ones. Calvin Johnson dropped his fair share of passes, as did T.O and Randy Moss. They also made spectacular catches which DK does.

Geologic

Reaction score
DK just doesn't have great hands, but hes still a fantastic receiver.

You got to live with his inconsistent drops. I dont think he'll ever have elite hands but he'll be elite in getting open.

So you got to take what you have

Geologic

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":16kzp3zj said:
Every wide receiver has drops, even the elite ones. Calvin Johnson dropped his fair share of passes, as did T.O and Randy Moss. They also made spectacular catches which DK does.
He's like Terrell Owens. TO didnt have great hands but had the great athletic ability to get open.

Randy Moss had great hands dont ever say he didnt come on dude

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geologic":3okjlot0 said:

You got to live with his inconsistent drops. I dont think he'll ever have elite hands but he'll be elite in getting open.

Same thoughts here.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ytfbrhp said:
Geologic":1ytfbrhp said:

Same thoughts here.

I don't think its his hands that is the problem, I think he has great hands. The problem I'm seeing is that he's misjudging the pass... Yesterday, he appeared to jump for it just a tad bit early, the other week the ball was fast and he misjudged it and it hit his helmet.

TypeSly

Reaction score
I think DK is doing fantastic, considering every NFL team and the media are all keying on him as the "go to" receiver. We can focus on his drops, but we have to also focus on his unlikely and very difficult receptions as well. At least he doesn't suffer from fumbleitist, which is far worse.

sutz

Reaction score
Geologic":2dh8moun said:
Spin Doctor":2dh8moun said:
He's like Terrell Owens. TO didnt have great hands but had the great athletic ability to get open.

He didn't say "Moss didn't have great hands." He said that all WRs, including Moss have dropped the ball from time to time. He's right.

:34853_doh:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Bobblehead":310g4t4j said:
pittpnthrs":310g4t4j said:
Geologic":310g4t4j said:

Same thoughts here.

I don't think its his hands that is the problem, I think he has great hands. The problem I'm seeing is that he's misjudging the pass... Yesterday, he appeared to jump for it just a tad bit early, the other week the ball was fast and he misjudged it and it hit his helmet.

Last nights drop was right in the bread basket though. I dont know. Seems like its becoming a common trend. Dont get me wrong, the good outweighs the bad by miles, but its something I wish he would clean up.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":38bpv8q0 said:
Bobblehead":38bpv8q0 said:
pittpnthrs":38bpv8q0 said:
Geologic":38bpv8q0 said:

Same thoughts here.

Last nights drop was right in the bread basket though. I dont know. Seems like its becoming a common trend. Dont get me wrong, the good outweighs the bad by miles, but its something I wish he would clean up.

Watch the replay,, I thought it was pretty clear he jumped about a split sec too soon and when he was coming down, the ball was over him and he's losing balance.. IDK, just seemed like it to me.. but yeah, he needs to catch those, I agree.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3mwgy2qh said:
pittpnthrs":3mwgy2qh said:
Geologic":3mwgy2qh said:

Same thoughts here.

I agree with this take ..
He is still learning but he wants to get better and he will.
He is already a game breaker and a star but guys it's
only his second season.

Geologic

Reaction score
sutz":3a7ktg06 said:
Geologic":3a7ktg06 said:
Spin Doctor":3a7ktg06 said:

He didn't say "Moss didn't have great hands." He said that all WRs, including Moss have dropped the ball from time to time. He's right.

:34853_doh:
My bad I misread that :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No matter how hard I try, I just can't get worried about DK and his drops. He's going to be just fine.
People forget that Jerry Rice and TO both had major drop issues early in their careers. Shoot, Rice even talks about it on his A Football Life. And this article talks about it a lot, calling him a rookie bust etc.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkt ... ookie-bust

Point being that it's not unusual for a player to have drop problems early on. But, DK also makes incredibly clutch plays that help them win games. And he does it over and over again.
To me, it's strange that he could have a 10 catch, 177 yard game and many will just dwell ONLY on the dropped pass in the end zone. And yes, he absolutely should have caught that ball in the end zone.