I know it was a tough loss...

mistaowen

Reaction score
Defense should be targeted with all draft picks for the foreseeable future. There’s like …3 guys worth keeping as starters. Would be fine with coaching staff changes too mid season. This is 5 weeks of the same mistakes over and over but somehow getting worse. 2 100 yard rushers today against a team missing 3 starting WR’s and their starting QB. Just disgusting.

cymatica

Reaction score
I absolutely don't defend them. Clearly you don't read very well, you just assume what you want so you can argue it. I point out how pathetic it is to blame them for everything, every game.
Maybe you need to learn how to read. I dont blame them for everything, just pointing out reality. I didn't even blame them for the loss. Yes you are defending them when you have to misrepresent what I said to the extreme in order to give them a pass.

James in PA

Reaction score
Another thing that is absolutely infuriating is that this is the second time in a row we played a team with some of their best offensive playmakers not on the field and we get torched both times?! So disheartening.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Maybe you need to learn how to read. I dont blame them for everything, just pointing out reality. I didn't even blame them for the loss. Yes you are defending them when you have to misrepresent what I said to the extreme in order to give them a pass.
I was generalizing your type of post from the entire site. You individually may not but you the collective absolutely do every single game. I'm sorry you weren't able to recognize that.

nanomoz

Reaction score
A bunch of dudes are playing out of position, and plainly not a fit for the scheme they're trying to run. This also has the marks, to my eyes, of too many cooks being in the kitchen. There's a scattered vision, and that confusion trickles down to the field.

I'd bet my meager IRA that the players on the field aren't sure if they answer to Carroll, Desai, or Hurtt.

They need to commit to something, and the other dudes (probably Carroll, mainly) need to get the phvck out of the way.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
So here's where we are:

Offensively, this is Geno's offense and this is a passing forward offense. I don't ever want us to get unbalanced (the game Tampa Bay had against KC, for example), but we need to accept the fact that we pass to set up the run, not the other way around. There were a few drives where our play calls seemed to forget that and we killed our rhythm (including the last drive).

We aren't killing our TOP by putting the ball in Geno's hand either. We are one of the better teams in the league at sustaining drives and taking time off the clock on offense. This isn't the offense we had with Russ under center where we needed a lot of runs.

Defensively, well... I can't add more than what's already been brought up. The regression from last year has been startling. We shouldn't have fired Norton, we shouldn't have gone to the 3-4, and depending on how serious we were about this year, we maybe shouldn't have gotten rid of Bobby either. (I get it, too expensive, but with last year's defense, this team is 4-1 right now. We would be considered one of the best in the entire NFC.)

The big surprise for me, coming out of this game anyway, is that our special teams are legit a liability right now. This is two straight games where special teams failures EARLY could be pointed at the turning point for the game. As bad as our defense was, there is still a little bit of a 'what if' in this game--similar to last week--where I go 'if not for the weird fake punt, how does this game go?'

cymatica

Reaction score
I was generalizing your type of post from the entire site. You individually may not but you the collective absolutely do every single game. I'm sorry you weren't able to recognize that.
I'm sorry you aren't able to recognize that inconsistent bad officiating ruins the experience. I'm sorry you aren't able to recognize it's obvious at this point that the bad officiating goes beyond just mistakes when huge obvious penalties right in front of officials are ignored, while ticky tack holds(that are technically committed every single play by every team) are selectively called on huge plays.

You go ahead and keep making excuses for it. Some people's psyche just can't handle reality

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
For me? bad defense makes games unwatchable. I stopped watching at halftime and knew it was going to get worse. Nothing exciting about that game at all.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I'm sorry you aren't able to recognize that inconsistent bad officiating ruins the experience. I'm sorry you aren't able to recognize it's obvious at this point that the bad officiating goes beyond just mistakes when huge obvious penalties right in front of officials are ignored, while ticky tack holds(that are technically committed every single play by every team) are selectively called on huge plays.

You go ahead and keep making excuses for it. Some people's psyche just can't handle reality
How can I get it through your thick skull that I have not defended them at all? Go ahead and look and see where I defended them. I just call out the weak-ass crutch needing posters who blame the refs every single game. Especially the ones who seem to think that the reffing/NFL is always slanted against the Seahawks. Keep your head in the ground ostrich. Maybe you'll find some proof of me defending them down there, cuz it ain't up here.

cymatica

Reaction score
How can I get it through your thick skull that I have not defended them at all? Go ahead and look and see where I defended them. I just call out the weak-ass crutch needing posters who blame the refs every single game. Especially the ones who seem to think that the reffing/NFL is always slanted against the Seahawks. Keep your head in the ground ostrich. Maybe you'll find some proof of me defending them down there, cuz it ain't up here.
You are clearly defending them. You also keep using that strawman argument that the people complaining are arguing it's always against Seattle. Once again learn how to read. I never stated that and the vast majority of people who post about bad officiating don't say that. For some reason you can't get that through your thick skull and feel the need to misrepresent what people say.

Obviously it's not just against Seattle and there are games when they get the favorable calls. If you can't see that this game in particular favored one team, as many appear to with other games and teams, then are are simply willfully blind and ignorant. That's fine, but don't project your ignorance onto others.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Which is worse, the poster who complains about something or the ones complaining about others complaining about something? The world may never know.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
You are clearly defending them. You also keep using that strawman argument that the people complaining are arguing it's always against Seattle. Once again learn how to read. I never stated that and the vast majority of people who post about bad officiating don't say that. For some reason you can't get that through your thick skull and feel the need to misrepresent what people say.

Obviously it's not just against Seattle and there are games when they get the favorable calls. If you can't see that this game in particular favored one team, as many appear to with other games and teams, then are are simply willfully blind and ignorant. That's fine, but don't project your ignorance onto others.
I agree with most of what you've posted but for stating what they should or shouldn't do.

Expecting someone to see something clearly when they don't, can't, or won't is pretty pointless.

I also enjoy the extreme takes that people carry with them like a peacock trying to get the hen.

Scout

Reaction score
Even with how bad the defense played, I still have hope for them. They just need to replace their linebackers.
Yup.

That is what many of us has seen so far as being the main issues on defense so far.

Seak

Reaction score
that trick play killed the game. IMO. Just stupid.
Agreed, especially after the 5 yard penalty. no point in trying lol
That massive sack at the end of game was brutal as well.
forced a punt to rely on the defence, instead of a 4th and 2? cant remember

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Sign/draft a competent MLB. Barton, once again, got washed away on every play. The box score says he had 12 tackles... hard to believe. That dude is out of position on almost every play.
There are some quality DT's in this draft, and some talented DE's.
If we have a chance at drafting Trenton Simpson, I would be incredibly tempted... even though I don't like drafting linebackers early in round 1. He's a hell of a football player.