I think the Seahawks are going to trade Wilson.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Just a gut feeling. I am probably 100% wrong.

I don't think that Wilson will make it public that he's unhappy with the current management and coaching. I believe that Carroll and Schneider are wanting a complete rebuild and one reason John was extended. I don't think it will ever be public on either side. I just think it will happen before the draft.

Am I the only one with this feeling?

Thoughts?

Mizak

Reaction score
Didn’t Wilson say he wanted to be a part owner of the Seahawks one day? Schneider must have felt uncomfortable when he heard that.

seabowl

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":2x7pj6r7 said:
Just a gut feeling. I am probably 100% wrong.

I don't think that Wilson will make it public that he's unhappy with the current management and coaching. I believe that Carroll and Schneider are wanting a complete rebuild and one reason John was extended. I don't think it will ever be public on either side. I just think it will happen before the draft.

Am I the only one with this feeling?

Thoughts?

You can’t be probably 100% of anything but I get what you meant. With that said his trade value is not there right now so not happening plus he’s not the problem.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Watching this iteration of the Seahawks with a rookie/filler QB would be terrifying. Like Mora all over again.

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it, but I really, really doubt that's a serious consideration for Pete and John. I don't think they signed extensions to take part in a rebuild, and moves like the Jamal Adams trade signal that they've thought we were close to contending very recently.

Plus, we're not in a good position to get a new QB. No first rounder, and I can't imagine any of the teams picking high, with their current timelines, would rather take Russ than one of the top QB prospects expected to be available.

If we traded him to like the Pats, Colts, or Steelers (I assume the Niners are off the table), how would we even able to address the position ourselves? None of them have a young guy to give us. Maybe Deshaun Watson becomes available, but are we even rebuilding in that circumstance?

Rat

Reaction score
Mizak":2gibprc7 said:
Didn’t Wilson say he wanted to be a part owner of the Seahawks one day? Schneider must have felt uncomfortable when he heard that.
Shouldn't be. No way Russ is ever anywhere near the money he'd need for even minority ownership. His only hope is if he starts a business that takes way off.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Wilson has a no trade clause in his contract. Wilson cannot be traded unlesses Wilson signs off on the trade.

Rat

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":k2ttnf2n said:
Wilson has a no trade clause in his contract. Wilson cannot be traded unlesses Wilson signs off on the trade.

Yeah, seems like he wants to build his brand. Not like Jacksonville or Detroit would be the best places for that, even if those teams were interested, which I doubt. Maybe the Jets/Giants or the WFT would interest him somewhat. Neither of the LA teams are realistic, outside chance of Dallas if things with Dak are too fractured.

Erebus

Reaction score
Rat":1ov5fjyk said:
Mizak":1ov5fjyk said:
Shouldn't be. No way Russ is ever anywhere near the money he'd need for even minority ownership. His only hope is if he starts a business that takes way off.

Well he has been busy investing his money in various businesses.

chris98251

Reaction score
Redskins, Pittsburgh, Detroit, are a few places, Giants and Jets others, maybe Atlanta.

I can't see Wilson being happy with having two OC's fired and being reigned in at 10 years on the team.

He wants to be the greatest, can't do that with hand offs and 3 and outs.

uncle fester

Reaction score
As a fan since the final few years of Dave Krieg, and therefore someone who knows how long it takes and how difficult it is - League-wide - for a team to find a decent QB;

Trading Russell Wilson?

No.

Chapow

Reaction score
Even if Pete and John want a complete rebuild (and I very, very much doubt that they do), now would be the worst possible time to try it. We have very little draft capital and pulling off a successful rebuild is hard enough even with a bunch of very high picks. Complete rebuilds also generally take several years. I can't imagine Pete wants to blow this team up and spend the next 2-3-4 years trying to cobble together a competitive team when he already has one and probably believes that this team isn't very far from being a legit contender again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson would give them Draft picks to trade into more picks, you have to remember they feel like they can take a lot of players and polish them into playmakers.

evergreen

Reaction score
The way he played out the season, I'm like oh yeah! If it was the good Russell no way! This guy we have now is not the good Russell. Is he still around? I wonder if he ever had 3 and outs in college. Sure seem like he's had a lifetime of them here. That guy from WFT looked like a young Russell. 2012 Russell eats this Russell for lunch.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The rest of the league is much higher on Wilson than this board. A team that thinks they could get 5 good years out of him, in a championship window would absolutely give up two 1st rounders and a 2nd or 3rd.

Wilson is still young in QB years and athleticism has not been his staple since 2015. They'll look at his 2017-2020 production, and be happy to have a QB that can give them 35-40 TDs a season.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Mizak":3jnmuhe1 said:
Yes he did. That’s why I believe he will demand 45-50 mil a year which will destroy the team. He won’t take anything less than highest paid player. So 1/3 to 1/4 of the cap will go towards him. They better draft perfect. Or trade him while they can get a lot for him. Watson wants out of Houston because the team isn’t as woke away he prefers. So Seattle is the perfect place really. Almost can’t find a more woke team and city in the NFL. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducks41468

Reaction score
chris98251":36zggvqe said:
Redskins, Pittsburgh, Detroit, are a few places, Giants and Jets others, maybe Atlanta.

I can't see Wilson being happy with having two OC's fired and being reigned in at 10 years on the team.

He wants to be the greatest, can't do that with hand offs and 3 and outs.

Oof, imagine him going to Steelers to build his legacy with an elite coach while we struggle with a Drew Lock clone.

TreeRon

Reaction score
" That’s why I believe he will demand 45-50 mil a year which will destroy the team. He won’t take anything less than highest paid player."

Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

John63

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3usqollm said:
Mizak":3usqollm said:
Yes he did. That’s why I believe he will demand 45-50 mil a year which will destroy the team. He won’t take anything less than highest paid player. So 1/3 to 1/4 of the cap will go towards him. They better draft perfect. Or trade him while they can get a lot for him. Watson wants out of Houston because the team isn’t as woke away he prefers. So Seattle is the perfect place really. Almost can’t find a more woke team and city in the NFL. LOL

Okay well first you are right you think cause you really don't know 2nd do you really think Watson or any top QB in their prime wants to come here and go run, run, pass, punt and be a scapegoat when it does not work.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2p8jauly said:
HawkinNY":2p8jauly said:
Mizak":2p8jauly said:

Okay well first you are right you think cause you really don't know 2nd do you really think Watson or any top QB in their prime wants to come here and go run, run, pass, punt and be a scapegoat when it does not work.

You don't get a QB in their Prime, you get a draft pick or a guy hoping for one last shot like Rivers, also why a guy like Manning went to the Broncos, scheme.

Fitz is a guy that comes to mind.

Latest posts