I will leave this here

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Throwdown":1qkfr3rx said:
John63":1qkfr3rx said:
Pretty pathetic when so-called fans cant show support for one of our own players. I guess maybe they are not really fans.

Or we can see where this was going instead of “hey Russ showed out” people tried to make this about the supposed lack of supporting cast Russ has around him.

He showed tf out yeah, but none of this has real life implications of what goes on in game.

and I never said it did. Though it actually does. I mean think about it. he just set the record. That means many other NFL Qbs tried and failed. hitting a 3 foot high, 1 foot wide moving target about 30 yards away does have real-world implications.

Under your scenario why bother to practice at all that is not the real world either.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":1l3eg7yh said:
Throwdown":1l3eg7yh said:
John63":1l3eg7yh said:
Pretty pathetic when so-called fans cant show support for one of our own players. I guess maybe they are not really fans.

Or we can see where this was going instead of “hey Russ showed out” people tried to make this about the supposed lack of supporting cast Russ has around him.

He showed tf out yeah, but none of this has real life implications of what goes on in game.

and I never said it did. Though it actually does. I mean think about it. he just set the record. That means many other NFL Qbs tried and failed. hitting a 3 foot high, 1 foot wide moving target about 30 yards away does have real-world implications.

Under your scenario why bother to practice at all that is not the real world either.

Only real world is that it was non pressure and his skills were never about accuracy and or being able to make all the throws standing in a non-pass rush environment, he already proved that at the Combine.

It's with guys bearing down on him and being able to see the whole field under pressure, ability to hit underneath stuff on time and climb the pocket regularly.

Throwdown

Reaction score
John63":1h95w7zy said:
Throwdown":1h95w7zy said:
John63":1h95w7zy said:

No but practice is much more different than actual game. He wasn’t out there accounting for coverage, pass rush.

You’d be surprised how many NFL QB’s can do this stuff, as good as he did last night? Apparently not, but I just don’t see how this translates to on in game even with what you described

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fellas, I am tired of the attacks. Not naming names but I've just spent a few minutes cleaning out the attacking posts in this thread. Please keep on topic...Any more personal attacks and I'm pulling this car over and ya ain't gonna like it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":1m76bl86 said:
When you fizzle out in the playoffs every year, you have a lot of time for these kinds of games. Any word on why neither Joe Burrow nor Matthew Stafford were there?
No, only Anti-Russell Wilson FANS would give a $H*T about Joe Burrow or Matt Stafford is doing while the Pro Bowl games are being televised FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT. :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because Stafford has been SOOOOOO great in the playoffs before he got on the best team $ can buy, along with the refs helping them out from time to time. :roll:

And yes, I think he's a hell of a QB.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":pp80uydo said:
Yeah, because Stafford has been SOOOOOO great in the playoffs before he got on the best team $ can buy, along with the refs helping them out from time to time. :roll:

And yes, I think he's a hell of a QB.

Prior to this year, Stafford was 0-3 in the playoffs
62% complt
4tds
3 ints
1.3 td/int
86% passer

Stafford with this year 3-3
65% complt
10 tds
4 ints
2.5 td/int
98 passer rating

Wilson 9-7
64% complt
25 tds
12 ints
2.1 td/int
96 Passer

Wilson 2016-now 2-4
61% complt
9 tds
3 ints
3.0 td/int
96 Passer rating

Now perspective time
Brady 35-12
61% complt
86 Tds
39 ints
2.2 td/int
90 Passer rating

As good as everyone Says Brady is his last year in Ne in the playoffs were awful and was the worst performance by any of the 3 Qbs
0-1
54% complt
0 tds
1 int
59 passer rating

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'd assume any top 10 QB in the NFL should be able to make these throws without worry about a DL trying to rip their head off.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ZagHawk":20bm7y99 said:
I'd assume any top 10 QB in the NFL should be able to make these throws without worry about a DL trying to rip their head off.

Absolutely not true. I've been watching these Pro Bowl challenges for as long as they have been doing them and it's surprising the gap of accuracy between some Pro Bowl QBs. Russell has been one of the most accurate I have ever seen in all the years. I've seen many QBs do quite poorly.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Just saw an interview with Russ at the ProBowl and he said that hopefully he gets to play in one place like Brady and Big Ben for a long long time. Ended the interview with a "Go Hawks!"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3c58aiah said:
Just saw an interview with Russ at the ProBowl and he said that hopefully he gets to play in one place like Brady and Big Ben for a long long time. Ended the interview with a "Go Hawks!"
I saw that interview as well and I'm convinced that Wilson wants to & will be staying with the Seahawks. :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:
As has already been mentioned, Pete & John need to take Russ' O-Line to the next level, + bring in another punishing RB that can actually BLOCK on Passing plays.
I'm a Pro-Bowl geek who likes to watch some of my Seahawks having a good time just hanging out with their peers from around the League. :smilingalien:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2r8qsyu8 said:
This is pathetic. Dudes out there doing target practice and nothing else going on.
Why is he even in the Pro Bowl?He was not even a top 10 QB.Skills challenge?Meh.You see the nuthuggers
still bitching about OL?Stop checking out of run plays and get rid of the ball faster.
He makes it all harder on himself..Mr Limited

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2akk5mlo said:
Throwdown":2akk5mlo said:
This is pathetic. Dudes out there doing target practice and nothing else going on.
Why is he even in the Pro Bowl?He was not even a top 10 QB.Skills challenge?Meh.You see the nuthuggers
still b!@ch about OL?Stop checking out of run plays and get rid of the ball faster.
IODOT!

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3o6i035m said:

Yup saw that.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":kuktm8yp said:
Throwdown":kuktm8yp said:
still b!@ch about OL?Stop checking out of run plays and get rid of the ball faster.

And yet as I showed in many threads his time to throw or pressure was 2.4. An avg oline should handle 2.5. So once again wrong on everything. Also provide your proof he is checking g out of runs? As to the rest :pukeface:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":1fuqx0u0 said:
IndyHawk":1fuqx0u0 said:
Throwdown":1fuqx0u0 said:

And yet as I showed in many threads his time to throw or pressure was 2.4. An avg oline should handle 2.5. So once again wrong on everything. Also provide your proof he is checking g out of runs? As to the rest :pukeface:
Sorry John I don't need to provide proof..It's obvious as day there are games in last two years where
he checks out of runs and goes into hero mode.
As for his time to pass..When you do not climb the pocket and bail into the pressure wth is going to
happen?We know he cannot see well from the pocket and so does the D.
Are we watching the games?The speedy prime time Russ left some years ago,I don't get why we
have to defend against the obvious.We need a trade ASAP!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":25914hyj said:
IndyHawk":25914hyj said:
Throwdown":25914hyj said:
IODOT!
Quit acting like Dome the "toddler" and grow a pair.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1vhky1jm said:
scutterhawk":1vhky1jm said:
IndyHawk":1vhky1jm said:
Throwdown":1vhky1jm said:
IODOT!
Quit acting like Dome the "toddler" and grow a pair.
Eat excrement.
Oh and QUIT with that "Climb The Pocket" phrase > crap, 9 times out of ten THERE IS NO DAMNED POCKET! :pukeface:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
scutterhawk":21m5j2wo said:
IndyHawk":21m5j2wo said:
Throwdown":21m5j2wo said:
IODOT!

If you're going to hurl out an intelligence-related insult in all caps, you might want to be sure to spell it correctly before hitting "submit."

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":u4fnvp33 said:
IndyHawk":u4fnvp33 said:
Throwdown":u4fnvp33 said:

You've really poisoned the discourse here with your misuse of statistics and complete shunning of legitimate statistics that don't fit your narrative, like PBWR.