If Realignment Happened, Would You Want Sea in AFC or NFC?

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
With the NFL possibly moving back to LA, there's thought that a realignment would be needed. (See here and here) If a realignment were to occur which conference would you like the Seahawks to be in?

I personally like staying in the NFC because that's where we've seen our most successful days and the NFC West has been a very strong division, for the most part, during our time in it, but I can see where moving back to the AFC might be more appealing to some due to the rivalries we've seen in the past with the Raiders and Broncos and might be the easier path to the playoffs (though that will vary over time, of course). What say you?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Moving back to the AFC and being the first team to win Super Bowls representing each conference would be pretty cool. :)

But I think it depends on who moves. Ideally, the Rams would move to LA and things would stay as they are. Get rid of 1 10 am start and I'd be happy.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I kind of miss the AFC West, but in the long run it doesn't make any difference to me.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
A lot of the rivalries develop over time and I'm old enough to have seen all of them for the Seahawks. We've been in the NFC since 2002 and I want to continue to build this Seahawks tradition in this conference.

I just don't want to be "that team" that the League feels can flop back and forth, conference to conference just because we hadn't been in the conference as long.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'd like to have us stay in the NFC.

The old rivalries were nice, but the home field advantage for the AFC west teams were/are much better than our current rivals.

Going to mile high and arrowhead each year were difficult in the past and would still be. The 49ers home field advantage last year stunk, we've blown the doors of the cards the past two years and the rams Edwards Jones dome is a joke

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I would love the Rams and Raiders to move to LA, but if it was the Raiders and Chargers I'd like to see the Chargers move to the NFC West and the Rams to the AFC west.

NFC
Sea
SF
LA CHARGERS
AZ

AFC
LA RAIDERS
DEN
KC
STL

Not sure they would allow one division to have all 3 of the Midwest teams but I see a natural rivalry for the cheifs and rams, and Denver is close by so less travel for all but the Raiders.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'd love for us to return to the AFC West with Denver, KC, and the Raiders. Arizona and St. Louis have what has to be two of the most pathetic fan bases in the league.

Whatever happens, they'd better damn well give us our choice as in the last realignment, we were the only team they forced to change divisions/conferences.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The best football games I've ever watched have been NFC West rival games with the 49ers. Those games made the Seahawks a better football team.

Keep the toughness. Stay in the NFC West.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I am rather torn on the subject, and I guess ultimately it does not matter to me where we end up. NFC is more prestigious, but fond memories of hating Denver and the Raiders. I think I would lean toward staying put, with the hope that the rams move to LA

Side note - I don't think any team has move conferences more than 3 times. If Seattle moved back to the AFC, it would be our fourth conference move. Remember, we started our expansion season in the NFC, and then moved to the AFC West in year two. We were actually "born" in the NFC West, so we went back home when we were moved to the NFC West....even though we were only there one season

CPHawk

Reaction score
Screw the AFC, stay in the NFC. Why even move teams around?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't think the NFL wants Seattle in the AFC. Pey Pey, and Tawmmmy the cheat will be retiring in the near future and if Seattle goes to the AFC, the Hawks will block their "golden boy" Luck from ever playing in a Super Bowl.

Reaction score
Chances are all we'll end up doing is just blocking their golden boys in the Owl, over and over and over again...win forever, baby!

kearly

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2gvlm4uv said:
I'd like to have us stay in the NFC.

The old rivalries were nice, but the home field advantage for the AFC west teams were/are much better than our current rivals.

Going to mile high and arrowhead each year were difficult in the past and would still be. The 49ers home field advantage last year stunk, we've blown the doors of the cards the past two years and the rams Edwards Jones dome is a joke

Good points. And with the Rams probably moving to LA, the NFC West would have one fewer 10am start over the AFC West (Chiefs).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seattle and San Diego were always the odd ones out in the AFC West, the Chiefs, Raiders, and Broncos are classic hate filled rivalries. I hated the Broncos, but Bronco fans were so busy hating the Raiders and Chiefs that it felt kind of blase to play the Hawks.

The Niners/Hawks of the last few years is too good to walk away from.

Latest posts