If Realignment Happened, Would You Want Sea in AFC or NFC?

drdiags

Reaction score
I hated it when they took the team out of the AFC. Sentimentally I would opt for going back to the AFC. If I was a Road Warrior, I would rather stay in the NFC. I don't think the cycles for hitting the various away teams changes much but changing conferences would have you trading visiting San Fran, Phoenix, St Louis to visiting Denver, Kansas City and Los Angeles.

I think I like the NFC City line-up better than the AFC.

AFC Cities
==========

Boston, Buffalo, Miami, NY
Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland
Houston, Indy, Jacksonville, Memphis
Kansas City, Denver, San Diego (Los Angeles), Oakland (Los Angeles)

NFC Cities
==========

NY, Dallas, Washington DC, Philly
Chicago, Green Bay, Minneapolis, Detroit
St Louis (Los Angeles), San Francisco, Phoenix
Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Charlotte

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The nfc west is the best division so play offs are never guaranteed. However going to the afc west wouldn't change a thing. If we would replace the raiders we would we joining three play off caliber teams in the broncos, chiefs and chargers.

Basis4day

Reaction score
NFC.

The Hawks have already changed conferences twice. Let a team that moves cities change.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BullHawk33":3es9sc76 said:
A lot of the rivalries develop over time and I'm old enough to have seen all of them for the Seahawks. We've been in the NFC since 2002 and I want to continue to build this Seahawks tradition in this conference.

I just don't want to be "that team" that the League feels can flop back and forth, conference to conference just because we hadn't been in the conference as long.

This would truly make us the Red-Headed Stepchild from South Alaska. I agree with this post.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Overseasfan":39adliju said:
The nfc west is the best division so play offs are never guaranteed. However going to the afc west wouldn't change a thing. If we would replace the raiders we would we joining three play off caliber teams in the broncos, chiefs and chargers.

The "talent" is so cyclical, dont forget its not that long ago that we made the playoffs with a losing record, so the nfc west hasn't always been strong.

I say stay put cause :
A- we've already played ball and moved once, its someone elses turn,
B- Our travel is so brutal as is, I wouldn't want to lose the SF trip which is the shortest for us in the nfl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm still not used to us being in the NFC West, so I'd love to go back to the AFC and have our awesome rivalries renewed with the Broncos and Raiders.

Not sure, but I never felt there was a big rivalry with the Chargers, but still would love to be back in the AFC West.

Hawks46

Reaction score
vin.couve12":39bh8j4t said:
The best football games I've ever watched have been NFC West rival games with the 49ers. Those games made the Seahawks a better football team.

Keep the toughness. Stay in the NFC West.

This is how I feel about it.

I also don't think the NFL wants us in the AFC. To be honest, right now each conference is kind of like a contest between two different styles. AFC seems to be a pit more pass happy and has more of the better or more established QBs. The NFC is the more physical conference with better defense. The last Superbowl has to make the NFL giddy with how it's turning out.

That said, if we were moved to the AFC next year, we'd face roll that conference. There is literally no team that's built to beat us consitently, especially in the playoffs. As for the AFC West being tough, the only team I think would be tough it KC. We lost last year due to injuries, but honestly Denver and the Raiders don't scare anyone right now and the Chargers are a bit of an enigma.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawks46":i7xa2qgt said:
vin.couve12":i7xa2qgt said:
The best football games I've ever watched have been NFC West rival games with the 49ers. Those games made the Seahawks a better football team.

This is how I feel about it.

I also don't think the NFL wants us in the AFC. To be honest, right now each conference is kind of like a contest between two different styles. AFC seems to be a pit more pass happy and has more of the better or more established QBs. The NFC is the more physical conference with better defense. The last Superbowl has to make the NFL giddy with how it's turning out.

That said, if we were moved to the AFC next year, we'd face roll that conference. There is literally no team that's built to beat us consitently, especially in the playoffs. As for the AFC West being tough, the only team I think would be tough it KC. We lost last year due to injuries, but honestly Denver and the Raiders don't scare anyone right now and the Chargers are a bit of an enigma.

Actually our winning percentage over the past 3 years is worse against AFC teams (.667) than it is against teams from the NFC (.778).

I don't think we should use the current strength of conferences or divisions as a reason to stay or leave. Parity rules in the NFL. I can remember all the hand wringing that Seahawk fans put themselves through during the last realignment when it was announced that we would be in the same division along with the then juggernaut Rams and 49'ers.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I like for us to stay in the NFC as long as we are playing against very good defenses and offenses, that keeps our team battle tested.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I'm for staying where the stronger competition is at. the NFC. I would say that if we were moved to the AFC, I see no reason why we wouldn't become the next organization to dominate their division for 10+ years and numerous Super Bowl appearances like the Patsy's have. I think the path through the AFC would be less difficult for this bone crushing team.

NINEster

Reaction score
Hawks46":1f0afync said:
vin.couve12":1f0afync said:

That said, if we were moved to the AFC next year, we'd face roll that conference. There is literally no team that's built to beat us consitently, especially in the playoffs.

You never heard of the Baltimore Ravens?

Seafan

Reaction score
I just want the whole division in the Pacific time zone. I don't care what conference.

The Rams are moving to LA and if the Chargers and Raiders stay put it's really simple. Oakland should make a deal with Santa Clara to share that stadium. It would be better for their local fans. I don't think LA is interested in multiple football teams. I hope San Diego gets it together and builds a stadium. Their fans deserve to keep their team. However, a 2 hour move isn't a big deal but I don't want the Hawks to be forced to move conferences again.

LTH

Reaction score
I dont know man.... beating up on the 49ers and the Rams is fun...

LTH

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Lets see, 2 Division Titles and that's it while in the AFC West, 7 Division Titles, 3 NFC Titles, 3 Trips to the Super Bowl and ONE SUPER BOWL beat-down of the donkeys and horse-face while in the NFC West?

I think I would stay right where we are at, the NFC West.

One of the silliest questions lately, IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
The AFC ancient history. While I hated the move at the time, the NFC is now. We have current rivals that are awesome. We are the NFC champions two years running. We are where we belong.