If You Could Go Back In Time...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You are given the gift of a real time machine and can choose to go back to anytime in Seahawks franchise history and change ONE thing. What would it be? XL is the obvious choice but there are many others too. Ownership, plays, outcomes, etc... Your choice!

Aircrew

Reaction score
-- Mid 90's. Release Ken Behring into a 10 square mile forested area, and hunt his fat ass with a rocket launcher.

Mase
Post of the week.

Seriously though, you can trace the "dark years" straight back to the Nordstrom family selling to Ken Behring. If you kept that from happening, man, just imagine what this franchise could have accomplished.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Having Marcus Burley inactive in SB49. How you dont keep him available when you're going up against Brady, Edelman and the rest of his targets, i dont know. but as soon as Jeremy lane went down, so did any chance of stopping Edelman from doing whatever he wanted. The momentum of the game shifted on that play. Had Burley been there, he'd have made a difference.

If Burley is there, i dont think we have to come back at all. No INT. No play call controversy. No broken dreams. No shattered legacy. No tipping the team culture in favor of Russ over the LOB. Without the injuries on defense that day, the defense wins us the game and all is good in South Alaska. We run it back one more time with a team fully bonded and playing for legacy behind a crushing defense, RB and a QB with a flair for the spectacular.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
@Aircrew you ain’t kidding. Post Of The Week is right! I seriously laughed hard when I read that. Makes me think we should have legit awards for Post of the Day and Week and Month.

chris98251

Reaction score
XL could not have been changed unless we booted the officials, shutting Stevens up to not fire them up may have been one of the only things or giving Bettis and Rapistburger some expired food so they had the trots all game may have been a good idea. Thinking having the Nordstrom's not sell to Behring would be the best option, then Knox would have got Farve instead of McGwire at QB also like he wanted. Maybe the Dark years would have been challenging for a AFC west Crown, although with success there who knows if we come to the NFC west.

keasley45

Reaction score
Not that it would have mattered in the grand scheme of things, but i never understood why we let Sam Adams walk. The dude is a borderline HOFer. His first step... he was faster than Tez off the ball, and stronger. I seem to recall him having some problems with motivation maybe? but i was bummed when he left for Baltimore and even moreso when he became a centerpiece of their D. The dude was an unblockable force of nature when he wanted to be.

BASF

Reaction score
I would do everything in my power to convince whoever was in charge in '78 to draft Warren Moon. All due respect to Keith Simpson, but the racist jackasses not wanting to draft Moon is the most egregious mistake the NFL made in regards to a player. We should have been the team that knew better. Imagine Moon to Largent for more than a decade.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not that it would have mattered in the grand scheme of things, but i never understood why we let Sam Adams walk. The dude is a borderline HOFer. His first step... he was faster than Tez off the ball, and stronger. I seem to recall him having some problems with motivation maybe? but i was bummed when he left for Baltimore and even moreso when he became a centerpiece of their D. The dude was an unblockable force of nature when he wanted to be.

I think you answered your own question (bolded).

Aircrew

Reaction score
That, and traded Ahman Green to the Packers. A little painful reminder for those who may not remember, Green would go on to become the Packers’ all-time rushing leader with 8,322 career yards while scoring 68 career touchdowns. In his first seven seasons in Green Bay, Green would crack the 1,000-yard barrier six times, including a single-season record 1,883 rushing yards in 2003. Holmgren had a hair trigger with players sometimes and I think it caused him to make some poor personnel decisions.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ooooh Green is a sour spot for me. I remember when we traded him I was livid. A perfectly capable and productive back, yeah, let's get rid of him (face palm). NEVER understood that move to this day outside of what you said about Holmgren having a hair trigger that got away from him sometimes and this clearly is an obvious example.

And to his old team no less!!

Mick063

Reaction score
Admitted recency bias here but........

They gave up way too much for Jamaal Adams. This isn't just hindsight relative to injury either. Even if he was able to suit up for every game, he isn't a big enough difference maker for the draft capital and cap space expended. His skill set is just too narrow for that type of an investment.

I also thought they overpaid for Matt Flynn even before Wilson was acquired. He was relatively unproven with only a couple of big games under his belt. Fortunately, Wilson's rookie contract managed to hide that wort.

I can't fault the Aaron Curry pick. EVERYBODY thought he was a generational talent.

Last edited:

bsuhawk

Reaction score
September 3, 1984, the season opener at home against the Cleveland Browns. Pitch right sweep to Curt Warner who plants his right leg to cut upfield and blows out his right ACL. I truly believe that year could have been Seattle's first Super Bowl had Curt Warner not been hurt. Here's a link to the Seahawks' 1984 highlights, which is worth a watch. The Seahawks first truly great team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
-- Mid 90's. Release Ken Behring into a 10 square mile forested area, and hunt his fat ass with a rocket launcher.

Mase
Nekkid and with the bears coming out for food....and a rocket launcher.
Gotta get rid of some of the evidence. LOL

Rat

Reaction score
Recency bias, but how amazing would this team look right now had we selected TJ Watt over Malik McDowell? EDIT: yes, I know Watt was selected first, but he was on the board when we traded down with the pick we ultimately used on McDowell.

Also, not transition tagging Hutch, even though I fully supported that decision at the time.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Ooooh Green is a sour spot for me. I remember when we traded him I was livid. A perfectly capable and productive back, yeah, let's get rid of him (face palm). NEVER understood that move to this day outside of what you said about Holmgren having a hair trigger that got away from him sometimes and this clearly is an obvious example.

And to his old team no less!!
Exactly how I reacted at the time too. And, I'm sorry to throw salt in the wound, but the player we traded for, Fred Vinson, never played a down for the Seahawks. An absolute disaster of a decision and Holmgren doesn't get enough criticism for it.

Latest posts