I'm done with the NFL

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":h8lyvwjc said:
Around here we are just getting used to our team being trash. You, on the other hand, have had plenty of time to adjust.

That I have... dating back to William Andrews and Steve Bartkowski... didn't you guys have some guy named Zorn back in those days? Success doesn't last long in Atlanta... but hey... the Braves got it done this year so I will die a happy man.

Ya'll shouldn't be complaining too much... it's been a helluva run. 9 straight winning seasons with 8 playoff berths... I don't think there's a team outside of New England that can claim that same level of success.

Threedee":h8lyvwjc said:
What's the difference between the official refs and the replacement refs in terms of quality/competence? It's been nearly a decade, and I still can't tell the difference.

You do have a point there. :2thumbs:

Aircrew":h8lyvwjc said:
FalconsFanNW":h8lyvwjc said:
I still remember Fail Mary 2012… also remember a regular season game at the Clink a few years back with Sherman putting the arm bar on Julio that was a game ending no call.

It’s gone both ways over the years… and I’ve watched every Hawk game since mid 2011…

This.

Bad calls are sh**ty but they're also part of the game. If you dominate, a few bad calls won't cause you to lose.

Agreed... and thank you. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Aircrew":16wx0fik said:
FalconsFanNW":16wx0fik said:
I still remember Fail Mary 2012… also remember a regular season game at the Clink a few years back with Sherman putting the arm bar on Julio that was a game ending no call.

It’s gone both ways over the years… and I’ve watched every Hawk game since mid 2011…

This.

Bad calls are sh**ty but they're also part of the game. If you dominate, a few bad calls won't cause you to lose.

So if you dominate you can overcome a few bad calls. Absolutely. But why do you have to dominate? Why can’t the NFL fix the atrocious calls that are made EVERY week? You are saying to dominate in professional football. Where athletic differences are razor thin between athletes. Coaches are (supposedly) the best of the best. They dial in these guys’ nutrition programs and weight lifting routines to the point of it being ridiculous, yet you’re supposed to dominate other teams? Not that that doesn’t happen, but games are close more often than not.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
funny I said the same thing last night. I'm done with the NFL. Refs have way too much influence on games. too many penalties are called and its just not fun to watch anymore. I went from a NBA season ticket holder that had seen literally hundreds of games to never watching it again. I can cut the NFL out of my life no problem.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":13nz0y6d said:

Fail mary was a touchdown period..You need to look at the rules seriously.

Rat

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2gpmkpuu said:
I still remember Fail Mary 2012…
People keep talking about what "ties" go to, they seem to have forgotten that Tate committed as obvious of a push off (shoved the defender right in the back) to get into that situation in the first place. Seahawks were definitely helped by the refs on that one.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Rat":18jyjrq7 said:
FalconsFanNW":18jyjrq7 said:
I still remember Fail Mary 2012…
People keep talking about what "ties" go to, they seem to have forgotten that Tate committed as obvious of a push off (shoved the defender right in the back) to get into that situation in the first place. Seahawks were definitely helped by the refs on that one.

Ah yes the push off on a Hail Mary. Those normally always get called :sarcasm_off: