Im sorry but I have to say its time....

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Going on 9 years of the same circus show will do that to fans. Especially when there's some fans that just can't see it.
I see the EXACT SAME things YOU do, I just refuse to constantly TRY'N drag others into the cesspool of despair.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I see the EXACT SAME things YOU do, I just refuse to constantly TRY'N drag others into the cesspool of despair.

At least your admitting you agree with my opinions so thats a start. We can both use a little work on our delivery I guess.

morgulon1

Reaction score
There are in game adjustments that can be had on the sideline between series.

But for opening scripts, they don't just dial up and sequence plays that they think will work. They watch hours of film of the opponent, and how they will play certain things, and what their tendencies are. It takes a lot of work and time putting this stuff together. Then practicing it, and rehearsing it in the walk-through.

As soon as you run it in the game, most teams will adjust. So now you have to adjust to the adjustment. This is where it gets hard for Geno. His head is swimming after the opening script runs out and he doesn't trust what he's seeing.

NFL defenses have gotten incredibly exotic over the last 10 years. Scoring is down across the league.

In a great irony, where the league has softened up the sport to avoid lawsuits, but also increase scoring (offense sells tickets.) Defenses have been forced to adjust. So instead of being more physical (which just leads to penalties and fines), they've gotten more cerebral. They mask their coverages pre-snap more than ever. They run stacked fronts more than ever with guys dropping and you don't know who is coming. People talking 4-3 vs. 3-4, that isn't really the sport anymore. It's never been harder to play QB in recent years, even though you can't breathe on them, again a great irony.
Aaron Donald can breathe on Geno 😂

scutterhawk

Reaction score
At least your admitting you agree with my opinions so thats a start. We can both use a little work on our delivery I guess.
I agree with NONE of your defeatists opinions, was just pointing out your affinity for always seeing things through a negative lenses.
I see the glass as half full of whiskey, whereas your glass has a hole in it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The "Acceptance Faze" (PHASE) as you put it, doesn't include incessant sniveling add nauseum.
You and a few others had gotten your point of disdain for Pete Carroll across a LOOOONG time ago, it's now become a full on nonsensical regurgitations.
What about Russell Wilson? We hate him too ya know.

Xxx

Reaction score
I remember Pete once said that fans dont see the times they do get it right. I think he is stuck in his ways and he will never improve his game management skills. He thinks that whatever he is doing is already perfect.
Fans definitely see when he gets it right. It’s kind of a dead give away cause the game ends and we have the lead…

Xxx

Reaction score
I agree with NONE of your defeatists opinions, was just pointing out your affinity for always seeing things through a negative lenses.
The negativity comes from the losses. And the feeling that they will continue and we can’t control it. We are forced to watch a sinking ship sink…. And it was a really nice ship

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The negativity comes from the losses. And the feeling that they will continue and we can’t control it. We are forced to watch a sinking ship sink…
Not at all. Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to watch. And not everyone is assuming they lose every week.
Thru thick and thin, you should be there for your team. Even if they make you want to guzzle a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Xxx

Reaction score
Not at all. Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to watch. And not everyone is assuming they lose every week.
Thru thick and thin, you should be there for your team. Even if they make you want to guzzle a bottle of Jack Daniels.
I am assuming they are gonna lose the next few but I’m still gonna watch and pray for a miracle

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There you go. My confidence is on fumes, but oh well. Time to rock.

Side note: Had we not pi**ed down our legs on Sunday, I think the hype would be MUCH bigger than it is right now for Thursday night.

All that being said, I can see myself consuming way too many adult beverages on Thursday night..........

Last edited:

Xxx

Reaction score

Side note: Had we not pi**ed down our legs on Sunday, I think the hype would be MUCH bigger than it is right now for Thursday night.
For sure. It would have showed improvement and I definitely would feel different, especially because after the commanders game (we won I know but not the way we shoulda) I said we will not beat the rams or 49ers. So if they had beat the rams I would be forced to be believe a little more. As far as the hype, yeah it would be bigger because everyone would believe it mattered more, but now our record suffered and we looked bad so it doesn’t feel like we are going to be a threat. Kinda like both teams gotta play good to have a good rivalry, doesn’t matter if historically it’s a rivalry if it’s not competitive

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

And here I thought we had a breakthrough.

Hoping for a different outcome after years of the samething is yours and everybody elses choice. I just won't allow myself to be disappointed yet again. After 8 years I guess its a defense mechanism. But hey, its a sports forum with a lot of members having differing opinions. Its the nature of the beast. I don't believe a single one of us has ever swayed another person to drop what they believe in and adopt a different belief.

hoxrox

Reaction score

All that being said, I can see myself consuming way too many adult beverages on Thursday night..........
No doubt. Would have been a tied record. Battle for the division. Could have been epic.

And still might be but... gonna need to get in the lead early and force some turnovers. If we fall behind early, it's game over.