Crash & Burn?

• Yes

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 69 84.1%

• Total voters

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
1. I never wish for losing with any of the teams I root for. That's loser talk.

2. I hope that any decision made about our coaches and GM are not predicated on these last four games and us possibly backdoor'ing into the playoffs only to get destroyed in the 1st round again like last year. That decision should be based on the last 2-3 years of Pete and John failing to build another deep playoff run roster. Not these last four games.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I want this team to compete for super bowls. Pete is done competing for super bowls. This team is an absolute mess. Year over year, the defense keeps getting worse, despite massive investment. And now we know that the locker room is also a mess.

If there's any chance that winning the next few games can save Pete's job, ya, I'd prefer they lose. I'll say it. I'd prefer they get absolutely stomped.

If you think that makes me a bad fan, cool. I don't care one little bit. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back and have a cookie basking in the feels of superiority.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Then I shall quote Sgt...

I never wish for losing with any of the teams I root for. That's loser talk.
I'll paraphrase Brenda Hillman: "I distrust moral absolutes. I even distrust the sentence, 'I distrust moral absolutes.'"

Jville

Reaction score
The later games in a season embed lasting impressions on the mind of coaches as to who can be trusted to learn and adapt and execute assignments.

Huge games coming up with real consequences for the future.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
I want this team to compete for super bowls. Pete is done competing for super bowls. This team is an absolute mess. Year over year, the defense keeps getting worse, despite massive investment. And now we know that the locker room is also a mess.

If there's any chance that winning the next few games can save Pete's job, ya, I'd prefer they lose. I'll say it. I'd prefer they get absolutely stomped.

If you think that makes me a bad fan, cool. I don't care one little bit. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back and have a cookie basking in the feels of superiority.
This is where I'm at as well.

I get it. It's tough being okay with losing. But my preference is for changes to be made. Winning a few meaningless games likely won't accomplish much at this stage.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I would hope the writing is already on the wall and the next few games aren’t going to move the needle towards keeping Carroll for the foreseeable future…

Then again, I don’t know and honestly, we don’t know an ounce of anything about Jody Allen and how she feels one way or another about how she would like to run the Seahawks while she’s still in power.

I would hope she does the fans a solid by moving on from Carroll since we desperately need/want some new changes at the helms.

I don’t know how she wants to run this franchise and I’m not sure how long she is willing to do so, all I know, I haven’t felt excited for a long time while Carroll has been coach and haven’t considered Carroll as a legit top head coach in years, years….

I’m ready for a new head coach….

Palmegranite

Reaction score
If the Seahawks players pulled a "you lost the locker room", stunt a-la the Chargers, it would be a disgrace.

Any perceived lack of effort from the players in the remaining games would cause such damage, it would take years to recover from. It would be a dagger to the fan base.

I don't think I'm painting too dire a picture.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Oh, I get it. I wouldn't personally call anyone a "bad fan" for wanting their team to tank if it means drastic changes where needed, and ultimately executed.

It's just not in my Fan DNA is all. I simply can't do it. I want the Seattle Seahawks to win every single game, no matter what is going on within the franchise.

cymatica

Reaction score

That's the key and people posturing about how to fan don't even consider it's not always black and white. Might as well say someone is a bad fan for hoping they back into the playoffs because it ensures nothing gets blown up and we keep getting more of the same.

I honestly don't care about winning or losing the rest of the season, because realistically there's a 0.0% chance of winning the SB this year(yes no chance. The coordinators are flat out not good enough and the locker room looks fractured). All I care about is this team getting fixed this off-season. If Pete can do it with new coordinators and making tough roster decisions, then I'll take it. I would actually rather see it happen like that, but the pessimist in me says he needs to go.

I didn't vote, but if there was a 'meh' option I would pick that