Crash & Burn?

• Yes

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 69 84.1%

• Total voters

Rat

Reaction score
If we were like 3-10, I'd just want to get that high pick, but we're still well in the playoff race and have been pretty fortunate compared to most teams in regards to injuries. If we're healthier than our playoff opponents... you never know.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I want the team to crash and burn all the way out. The issue is whenever they look remotely good and create these moral victories then it creates false hope. People think maybe the team is really that good and they just had all these other off games, not realizing..maybe the team is BAD...and the one of off win or good show is the inconsistent part. Yes I know I sound really blasphemous, but all the moral victories and false hope just delays the inevitable...CHANGE.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If we were like 3-10, I'd just want to get that high pick, but we're still well in the playoff race and have been pretty fortunate compared to most teams in regards to injuries. If we're healthier than our playoff opponents... you never know.

No. Stop with this. You're asking for LUCK. Sure luck can win you a game...maybe even two. But it's not going to win you 3-4 and then the team gets exposed against the healthy stronger real opponent.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has to hope, this team is what it is. Not good enough, has holes, has drama, and probably will see Pete come back next year. Probably worst thing that could happen is Hawks only grab two of the next four games. This place will melt down.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. I wouldn't personally call anyone a "bad fan" for wanting their team to tank if it means drastic changes where needed, and ultimately executed.

It's just not in my Fan DNA is all. I simply can't do it. I want the Seattle Seahawks to win every single game, no matter what is going on within the franchise.
This is totally cool. I know your gospel has always been "no fan is better than any other fan" because of perspectives like these. I mean, going back to at least when I was a lurker and working at eBay around . . . 2003, I think? Before NetNation12 days, at any rate.

It's what made this site great.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Nope. Play to win...can't not try. That won't sell tickets and merch. In all seriousness, gotta go out and get a win. Season depends on it.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Ugh. I don't like the moral superiority implied in this. Whatever happens happens, and if it leads to big changes, I'm totally down with that, and I don't see how any fan wouldn't be. If next year is another carbon copy of this year, I doubt I'll watch many games. Awful football, made even worse by the refusal to enact significant change.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, just wow!!!

I can’t believe that any fan of the team would want their team to lose. Shaking my head at that loser and defeatist mentality. There are many well stated reasons posted above as to why not. Besides we can be sure there will be some big changes made after the season ends. Meanwhile a statement and skid ending W would possibly re-open playoff aspirations.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

HawkFreak

Reaction score
1. I never wish for losing with any of the teams I root for. That's loser talk.

2. I hope that any decision made about our coaches and GM are not predicated on these last four games and us possibly backdoor'ing into the playoffs only to get destroyed in the 1st round again like last year. That decision should be based on the last 2-3 years of Pete and John failing to build another deep playoff run roster. Not these last four games.
Agreed. I don't want the performance in the final games to somehow be an eye-opening occurrence that motivates change.

That's the mentality that helped get the team here...oh look how they finished the season...look at this little glimmer of false hope....we're almost there....let's not make any drastic changes.

I would hope leadership somewhere in the organization can see the totality of the team's direction, where they realistically are in regard to winning another championship, and why things haven't been turned around since the SB loss that I will not speak of. Andnin response - do the hard things that need to be done.

I don't think I coukd ever actively hope the Seahawks don't win the game they are currently playing. Ever.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I would hope the writing is already on the wall and the next few games aren’t going to move the needle towards keeping Carroll for the foreseeable future…

Then again, I don’t know and honestly, we don’t know an ounce of anything about Jody Allen and how she feels one way or another about how she would like to run the Seahawks while she’s still in power.

I would hope she does the fans a solid by moving on from Carroll since we desperately need/want some new changes at the helms.

I don’t know how she wants to run this franchise and I’m not sure how long she is willing to do so, all I know, I haven’t felt excited for a long time while Carroll has been coach and haven’t considered Carroll as a legit top head coach in years, years….

I’m ready for a new head coach….
Well 'Legend of Gloom', NO Team in League history has EVER won a Super Bowl without getting into the Playoffs....NO MATTER how remote the chances? I want a team of NO QUITTERS giving their ALL to the game.
ETHICS MATTER.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
That's the key and people posturing about how to fan don't even consider it's not always black and white. Might as well say someone is a bad fan for hoping they back into the playoffs because it ensures nothing gets blown up and we keep getting more of the same.

I honestly don't care about winning or losing the rest of the season, because realistically there's a 0.0% chance of winning the SB this year(yes no chance. The coordinators are flat out not good enough and the locker room looks fractured). All I care about is this team getting fixed this off-season. If Pete can do it with new coordinators and making tough roster decisions, then I'll take it. I would actually rather see it happen like that, but the pessimist in me says he needs to go.

I didn't vote, but if there was a 'meh' option I would pick that
Same. This season has really made me indifferent to the nfl in its totality - as it becomes more apparent entertainment than real actual football

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
What's the point in hoping they lose now? We already know what they are. Always try to win, no matter what.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Well 'Legend of Gloom', NO Team in League history has EVER won a Super Bowl without getting into the Playoffs....NO MATTER how remote the chances? I want a team of NO QUITTERS giving their ALL to the game.
ETHICS MATTER.

He didn't say anything about quitters or losing. All he said was he wants the FO to move on from Carroll which almost everybody agrees with. Why anybody would want to keep Pete at this point is beyond me.

Slick

Reaction score
I really hope they win this as they will have another egg-laying performance in one of the last three games.

RiverDog

Reaction score
With me, it's one of those contests between my head and my heart. My head tells me that it would be best in our long-range interest if we were to go down in flames as it seems like the only way to give our owner a cold slap in the face and force changes that I think are necessary if we're to get back into Super Bowl contention.

But my heart won't let me do it, keeps telling me that we still have a chance no matter how unreasonable and improbable that chance is.