• Yes

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 69 84.1%

• Total voters

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Fire Cable. Fire Bevell.

I would like to see what the Rooks can do in the next few games. I want to see if they got the coaching over the summer they needed to succeed. If they did not, that could be the coaching or the player that dont know squat. So Lets see what they got.

warden

Reaction score
Two solid draft classes in a row. You want these young players to play as hard as they can every game. You want them to learn to give it every game even when things are not going well. Hard times is what builds toughness. So I will never ever hope our team loses. That is just plain out right loser mentality

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He didn't say anything about quitters or losing. All he said was he wants the FO to move on from Carroll which almost everybody agrees with. Why anybody would want to keep Pete at this point is beyond me.
Because ETHICS MATTER whether it be Players or Coaches.
I for one don't care if Fans want to quit.
I don't want Pete Carrol Gone, I believe he works harder and gives a shit A LOT MORE than any of his Haters/detractors, I think he want's what's best for the organization, He fulfilled a lot of DREAMS for Paul Allen & ALL of us Seahawks Fans.
I want for him to STAY or GO as he WISHES; He deserves Nothing Less.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
With me, it's one of those contests between my head and my heart. My head tells me that it would be best in our long-range interest if we were to go down in flames as it seems like the only way to give our owner a cold slap in the face and force changes that I think are necessary if we're to get back into Super Bowl contention.

But my heart won't let me do it, keeps telling me that we still have a chance no matter how unreasonable and improbable that chance is.

Well stated.

I think that is the feeling of most fans to be honest.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
As long as we can still make the playoffs, I want us to win. If we are out of contention, then maybe in rare instances if I feel that we need to hasten a coaching change or if there's a sure fire pick in the next draft, though usually those things work themselves out on their own.

Often times, coaching changes result in a worse coach, and drafting high often times results in a massive waste if we don't pick right. It's hard to put any math behind all of it. So at the end of the day, might as well just root for the team to win.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
No because I know it's already a foregone conclusion. Pete has lost at least a portion of the locker room, and this is a team in utter disarray. Were in a freefall that I don't think Carrol will be able to recover from. You are watching the end of the Pete Carrol Era and it's not going to be pretty.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
No because I know it's already a foregone conclusion. Pete has lost at least a portion of the locker room, and this is a team in utter disarray. Were in a freefall that I don't think Carrol will be able to recover from. You are watching the end of the Pete Carrol Era and it's not going to be pretty.
I'm not so sure.

There might be one or two cancers on this team. Guys who aren't bought in. But I'm not convinced that this team as a whole has necessarily thrown in the towell. The Dallas game was very competitive. A game they could & should have won. SF is the best team in Football. You're not going to beat them with a backup QB. They showed fight.

I could easily see them winning 3 out 4. Especially when you face teams like Arizona & Pittsburgh. Those games are easily winnable.

I think Pete ultimately sticks around. Him & John have too close of a relationship. Pete will make some changes to his staff. Cut some dead weight. But not much will change.

Last edited:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
How do you fire Pete? Does that mean John S is fired as well, gotta believe they are very close and I"m not sure JS has the fortitude to fire him, Pete, his long standing coach. his friend.

renofox

Reaction score
How do you fire Pete? Does that mean John S is fired as well, gotta believe they are very close and I"m not sure JS has the fortitude to fire him, Pete, his long standing coach. his friend.
JS can not make the decision to fire PC. J Allen is the only one who can make that decision, unless she delegates it to Chuck Arnold.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I want the team to crash and burn all the way out. The issue is whenever they look remotely good and create these moral victories then it creates false hope. People think maybe the team is really that good and they just had all these other off games, not realizing..maybe the team is BAD...and the one of off win or good show is the inconsistent part. Yes I know I sound really blasphemous, but all the moral victories and false hope just delays the inevitable...CHANGE.
I'm with you 100%.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Because ETHICS MATTER whether it be Players or Coaches.
I for one don't care if Fans want to quit.
I don't want Pete Carrol Gone, I believe he works harder and gives a shit A LOT MORE than any of his Haters/detractors, I think he want's what's best for the organization, He fulfilled a lot of DREAMS for Paul Allen & ALL of us Seahawks Fans.
I want for him to STAY or GO as he WISHES; He deserves Nothing Less.

Ethics matter to you yet the team has players right now tweeting things about somebodys wife, getting ejections, a team that leads the league in penalties, and a coach naming people and throwing them under the bus while waiting until week 15 to hold people accountable.

It doesn't matter how hard Pete works or how much of a shit he gives. It isn't working. You can't keep a coach around just for what he has done a decade ago and nostalgia reasons. The NFL is a business and a 'what have you done for me lately' league and Pete is no longer getting things done. It's past time to move on.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
I think Brian Callahan would be a good head coach some where.

Denver Broncos (2010)
Coaching assistant

Denver Broncos (2011–2012)
Offensive quality control coach

Denver Broncos (2013–2015)
Offensive assistant - Some of Manning's best years
Super Bowl champion (50)

Detroit Lions (2016–2017)
Quarterbacks coach - Two of Stafford's best statistical seasons

Oakland Raiders (2018)
Quarterbacks coach - One of Carr's best statistical seasons

Cincinnati Bengals (2019–present)
Offensive coordinator - Currently working with Joe Burrow.

jeremiah

Reaction score
If the Seahawks players pulled a "you lost the locker room", stunt a-la the Chargers, it would be a disgrace.

Any perceived lack of effort from the players in the remaining games would cause such damage, it would take years to recover from. It would be a dagger to the fan base.

I don't think I'm painting too dire a picture.
The team already is pulling up on tackles. Anyone running down the sidelines, people with angles just throttle back. They have been doing this since game 1. Tackling is not running into somebody and hoping they go down, or stripping the ball instead of dropping the runner.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I would never wish for our team to do badly and can not understand those that do.

Also be careful what you wish for Pete has had one losing season since 2012 which given the way yhre draft and salary cap works is no mean achievement. He is (still a top 10 coach) sure it would be nice to get back to the superbowl but only two teams do that each season and more than half fail to make the play-offs.

If Pete is sacked (or asked to retire) who do we replace him with:
  1. A Former head coach that is incompetant enough to be sacked from an NFL team
  2. A coach with no NFL head coach experience (a college head coach or a OC/DC such as Nethanial Hackett)
  3. Give away draft picks to get a HC currently under contract (Note we will not be able to get Andy Reid from this route)
I would guess that with Pete replaced there is about a 70% chance we are not competitive getting 6 wins a season or less, a 20% chance they do as well as Pete, being competitive to make the play-offs but unlikely to go far in them and a 10% chance the team is improved by it with an improves chance of getting to the SB (it will never be more than about 1 in 4).

I would rather we were competive with a decent chance of the play-offs than the highlight of the season being draft day wondering who we will get with our high draft pick.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I would rather we were competive with a decent chance of the play-offs than the highlight of the season being draft day wondering who we will get with our high draft pick.

The team has been this for a decade now with no real chance when and if they do make the post season. Is that what you still want and if so, how many more seasons?

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I think Brian Callahan would be a good head coach some where.

Denver Broncos (2010)
Coaching assistant

Denver Broncos (2011–2012)
Offensive quality control coach

Denver Broncos (2013–2015)
Offensive assistant - Some of Manning's best years
Super Bowl champion (50)

Detroit Lions (2016–2017)
Quarterbacks coach - Two of Stafford's best statistical seasons

Oakland Raiders (2018)
Quarterbacks coach - One of Carr's best statistical seasons

Cincinnati Bengals (2019–present)
Offensive coordinator - Currently working with Joe Burrow.
I think Nathaniel Hackett would be a good head coach somewhere

Bills (2013-2014)
Offensive coordinator - 2014 was the Bills best season fbetween 2004 and the rise of Josh Allen

Jags (2015-2018)
QB coach the offensive coordinator - in his first season as OC the Jags had 4 more wins than any other between 2011 and 2021

Packers (2019 - 2021)
Offensive coordinator - 3 of Rogers best seasons, regular season record of 39/10 !

Oh hang on that didn't work.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JS can not make the decision to fire PC. J Allen is the only one who can make that decision, unless she delegates it to Chuck Arnold.
And think how stupid Jody Allen and/or Chuck Arnold would appear if everything went into the shitter after canning the Pete Carroll/John Schneider duo, ESPECIALLY after they delivered the Lombardi trophy to Seattle.
Some of y'all don't think Jody Allen is grateful for what PC & JS brought to her Brother & Seahawks Fans alike?
I doubt like hell she wouldn't interface with some EXPERTS in the field before abandoning what her Big Brother had set up when he bought and SAVED the Seahawks Franchise.