Is JS up for this ?

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
I don't know if JS is a leader or a follower . He seemed content to be 2nd banana to PC . Am I wrong ?

Mase

Reaction score
-- Don't confuse someone willing to cooperate with someone unwilling or unable to lead. Some people can put their own ego aside to achieve something bigger, by sharing the decision making.

Mase

chris98251

Reaction score
Each time JS's contract came up he had an opportunity to be his own guy and they had to entice him to return, this team and ownership and his relationship with Pete and a handshake promise he would be the guy brought him back twice. He has been one of the hot commodities in the league since the LOB days.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Its not john's chice, he is the GM... Pete is still the president of operation and has a say in who the next HC will be. John has nothing to do with hiring of the new HC, other then if he will be happy to work with him.
I think John Schneider is running the Seattle Seahawks as General Manager.
He's in charge of hiring the next HC , the draft , free agency. Everything.

That's what Pete Carroll made it sound like at his farewell press conference. In fact , Pete alluded to not knowing exactly what his role was going to be moving forward.

Schneider is runnin thangs

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
No doubt!

He's worked under and with Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren, Ted Thompson, Marty Schottenheimer, and Pete Carroll to name but a few of the finer football minds the league has ever known. His ability to find talent is unmatched as in Green Bay for example he pushed for Julian Edelman but was declined. He also liked Matt Flynn over Brian Brohm. Matt Flynn may not have been great but he had a serviceable career in the NFL for a seventh round pick compared to Brian Brohm, a second round pick, who was out of the league in less than four years and was beat out for the backup job by the said seventh round pick in their first year. Here John pushed for Russell Wilson after talking to Brett Bielema and was very impressed by Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes from multiple accounts. He has the ability to find and identify talent at the most critical spot and to find diamonds in the rough at others.

I'm comfortable and confident in John to take us back to where we belong. I just hope he continues to be unconventional with the head coach choice and doesn't go with the easy choice that's been circled by pundits. I respect the circled choice for all he did for us but it's time to rip the band-aid. We need new energy and a new voice that can grow with him versus the safety net of the overly familar.
I can't wait for him to pick a QB in the next draft, after reading that. You have to trust his judgement if he doesn't.

renofox

Reaction score
I think John Schneider is running the Seattle Seahawks as General Manager.
He's in charge of hiring the next HC , the draft , free agency. Everything.

That's what Pete Carroll made it sound like at his farewell press conference. In fact , Pete alluded to not knowing exactly what his role was going to be moving forward.

Schneider is runnin thangs
Yes, but the Board of Trustees will need to sign off on it. It would be a breach of duty for them to do otherwise. They will probably vest the sign-off authority fully with Jody.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I don't know if JS is a leader or a follower . He seemed content to be 2nd banana to PC . Am I wrong ?
This. I'm confused by this also. I think it goes without saying the next hc he hires will just be the coach, and not gm #2.

Latest posts