Jacob Eason claimed off waivers by Seahawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Saw that. Would rather have him than the current backup.

Someone coming in to blast the front office, somehow someway in 3....2.....1......

(relax, it's a joke)

Rat

Reaction score
I'd take him over Luton, but it doesnt make me confident that the Colts have Carson Wentz and Sam Ehlinger and thought "we dont need him anymore".

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, Geno is our starter. If that doesn't make someone nervous, nothing will. Nothing against Geno, and NO it isn't because Russ is my favorite player. It's because Geno is what he is, an average QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Poor pocket awareness and only has a fastball (see no touch).
Rooting for him as he is a local guy, but as a UW fan I was disappointed by his time at UW.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I kind of wish they would bring him back to UW.

We need a QB bad.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":108r4eio said:
Well, Geno is our starter. If that doesn't make someone nervous, nothing will. Nothing against Geno, and NO it isn't because Russ is my favorite player. It's because Geno is what he is, an average QB.

Ok...can't argue that Geno was average in his first start... but Its hard to really judge a QB after one start... they get the run game going and take some pressure off of him we could see much better play we will see... He really doesn't have to be as good a Russell... he just has to be good if they get the run game going...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd love to be wrong. I will look up some Crow recipes. But, until I see him win these next 2 games, I'm not buying it.

LTH

Reaction score
Fair enough... he has to earn his right to be not average... I'm really looking forward to this game against the Saints

LTH

flv

Reaction score
I saw Eason's name on the waiver wire yesterday and I wondered if the Seahawks would be interested. I read the team rag report saying he had started preseason as the back-up but had fallen to #4 on the depth chart. Supposedly the Colts still wanted him back on their PS. I think this move might be more about the Seahawks being seen to be doing something rather than really doing something. If nothing else Eason is on a minimum wage contract for 2+ years with no guarantees. He should be competition for the back-up role in 2022. Anything more is a bonus.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. To say it's a must win would be a massive understatement. They have a real shot at winning these next 2.
How quickly people forget and/or ignore that they lost 2 games in overtime.
Not bad considering that the "season is over" :irishdrinkers:

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20yg5w8k said:
Yep. To say it's a must win would be a massive understatement. They have a real shot at winning these next 2.
How quickly people forget and/or ignore that they lost 2 games in overtime.
Not bad considering that the "season is over" :irishdrinkers:

They were in position to win 3 of the 4 losses thats another positive sign... they just didn't exicute ... is that a product of a new Offense? sounds like it to me

LTH

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":94v9btzd said:
I kind of wish they would bring him back to UW.

We need a QB bad.
They have one, Huard. Idiot coach would rather play upperclassman over talent.
When Lake is fired at the end of the year, I bet he’ll have a puzzled look on his face.

chris98251

Reaction score
They also need practice arms, Luton can't do it all and Smith is working on game plans and specific plays, defense needs to get their looks in.

Oh and JS needs to have someone make sure his facemask and chest guard hold up against fast ball QB's.

Fade

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bvqtj2w said:
Well, Geno is our starter. If that doesn't make someone nervous, nothing will. Nothing against Geno, and NO it isn't because Russ is my favorite player. It's because Geno is what he is, an average backup QB.

Fixed it for you.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1lqg1clw said:
but Its hard to really judge a QB after one start...

Nobody is. He's being judged by his entire career and he's never shown anything but mediocrity.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Seems like a desperate attempt to please the fans. UW guy and all..

classicaaron

Reaction score
does it matter who the QB is? no matter who they get he wont be better than Russ and we had a hard time winning with him. so again does it even matter who plays. until the defense gets things going this team is in great trouble. and i just heard today on the radio big ben is ranked 25th in the league in efficiency. so while the D looked better this week they were also playing a pretty terrible offense.